Six

Music

 

Chapter 6

 


 

Visitations are joyous occasions, where old friends and relatives who hadn’t seen each other in a while would be able to reunite and spend time together again. But not all visitations are blissful. They can also be sad and depressing or even remind a person of an excruciating time in their life.

 

Visiting a dead person is an example of a sad visitation. Everybody does not like visiting someone’s grave, especially if the dead person is someone whom we hold dearly in our heart. No one ever likes seeing a close friend or relative buried beneath the ground never to be seen alive again. And Do Kyungsoo is not an exception.

 

It was that time of the year that he, together with his father has to visit her mother. A time in which they would be able to see her, even though she’s several feet below the ground, covered in earth, never to be able to see the sun shine again.

 

Kyungsoo hates it. The mere sight of his mother’s name engraved in a cold hard stone makes him sad, almost to the verge of crying. To add to his depression is hatred and anger, for seeing her tomb would be a reminder of how his mother killed herself right before his very eyes.

 

Kyungsoo pressed his hands against the cold glass wall in his room as he watches the rain pour endlessly. The weather that day didn’t help to lift his mood either. He continues to watch the rain fall down until he heard a knock on his door.

 

“It’s time for us to go young master,” Mr. Han said peeking on his bedroom door.

 

Kyungsoo immediately picked up his bag and went out of his room, their family’s butler bowing before him as he passed. He was about to go out of their condominium’s door when he caught sight of his father leaving his own room. His father greeted him but he pretended not hearing his morning greeting nor even seeing him. Kyungsoo just went on his way.

 

He took the elevator down to the lobby his heart pounding hard against his chest and his fist clenched tightly. It was always like that whenever he sees his father especially during that day of every year. He heaved a deep sigh as he went out of the elevator not even bothering to say sorry to those he bumped into.

 

Kyungsoo waited outside the condominium under the rain, an umbrella clutched in his hand. A black Hyundai stopped in front of him and he waited as Mr. Han opens one of the back seat’s doors.

 

Kyungsoo stepped inside propping his bag beside him and laying the drenched umbrella on the car’s carpeted floor. His father was already inside the car sitting on the passenger’s seat beside Mr. Han and commanding their butler to go.

 

Silence surrounds them and the only sounds that can be heard are the raindrops hitting the steel car and the swooshing sound the wiper makes as it continues to mop the rainwater flowing down the windshield. It was so quiet Kyungsoo can already hear his own breathing. The silence made him sleepy. Little by little, his eyelids get heavy. He was about to doze off when Mr. Han broke the deafening silence settling between them.

 

“It’s finally that time of the year again,” he said as he brings the car to a halt. “And it seems like we’re caught in traffic.”

Kyungsoo’s father muttered an ‘Hmm’. “Yes, it’s time to visit her again. It’s the least thing I could do for her.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed and let out a chuckle. “The least thing you could do for her.” Kyungsoo said aloud, repeating his father’s words as he stares outside the window car. Mr. Han and his father looked at him through the rearview mirror.

 

He let out an exaggerated laugh. “We’re visiting him, no. You’re visiting mother because that’s the least thing you could do for her.”

 

“Young master-“

 

Kyungsoo removed his gaze at the people passing by the pavement and looked at his father whose back’s faces him. “Why didn’t you think of that when she was still alive? Why do you have to do this now that she’s dead, now that cannot appreciate the things you do for her?”

 

“Young master please. The-“ Mr. Han was cut off by Kyungsoo’s father.

“Kyungsoo, please stop,” he pleaded massaging his temples.

 

But Kyungsoo just won’t.

 

“Did you know how much mom would wait for you every day? For you to return? For you to visit her even for just a while?” Kyungsoo’s face reddened with rage. “Did you know that? Well, I bet you don’t because you never visited her, us nor even drop us a call for all those years you were overseas.”

 

Kyungsoo stopped for a while breathing heavily. The humming of the cars’ engine outside sounded louder now that his shouting ceased.

 

Kyungsoo’s father heaved a deep sigh and so did Mr. Han. They already expected this to happen since Kyungsoo always gets into a fight with his father especially whenever they have to visit her mother’s grave on her death anniversary.

 

“For all those times she needed you, you weren’t there for her. Now that she’s gone, you stay by her side. You long for her.”

 

His father shifted in his seat and turned around to face him. “Please son. Stop it. You just tell me the same thing every year. It gets tiring. So let’s stop this senseless conversation. We’re not getting anywhere with this.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed, a smirk spread across his face. “No, I won’t stop reminding you about mom until you admit you’re the one at fault,” he said while pointing his index finger at his father.

 

“Young master. Please don’t do that and stop saying those things to the director. He is still your father.” Mr. Han reminded him.

 

“Father?” Kyungsoo looked at the old man through the rear view mirror and shifted his gaze to his father, glaring at him. “I don’t have a father. Not anymore, because he died along with my mother.”

 

“Kyungsoo, stop it,” the director said his voice more commanding this time.  “I won’t tolerate th-“

“Why are you stopping me? You’re guilty aren’t you? You’re no different from a murderer even-“

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t able to finish what he wanted to say. His father grabbed him by his collar and stared into his eyes. Kyungsoo stared back. He’s afraid, he admitted that to himself. His father was scary but he managed to stay calm and gave his father the same glare he was given. His father looked mad but Kyungsoo can see tears forming in the corner of his eyes.

 

“Stop. It. Kyungsoo. Stop,” his father hissed. “I won’t tolerate this disrespectful behavior of yours towards me. I am still your father.”

 

Kyungsoo held his father’s hands which was tightly grabbing his collar. “Well I wished you weren’t,” he said and harshly removed his father’s hand. He picked up his bag and stormed out of the car under the heavy rains. Mr. Han tried to stop him but he did not listen and crossed the road across the sea of cars stuck in a heavy traffic.

 

“I-I’m sorry Mr. Director. It seems like I didn’t properly teach the young master how to respect you.”

Director Soohan shook his head and rubbed his temples. “You don’t need to apologize, Mr. Han. He’s young he doesn’t know what he’s doing and saying right now and, half moreover like whole of it is practically my entire fault.”

 

Cars started going one by one. Director Soohan together with their butler continued to drive to their destination in silence. Kyungsoo on the other hand, walks in the rain his heart of full of hatred, of anger. He doesn’t care if he gets wet nor does he care about the curious glances of the people passing by him. He was glad it was raining. It helped camouflaged the tears falling from his eyes.

 

He hated it every time he and his father fight over what happened to his mother. He hated how he always cries like this whenever they fight. He hated the fact that her mother died because of his father. He hates his father, the reason of it all. He hated him. He hated everything that happened. Kyungsoo just hates this day. 

 

 


 

[A/N]

Hello! I updated! :3

This updated was supposed to be posted already last Sunday midnight

but then AFF suddenly went offline! Damn you! Why do you have to go offline

when I am going to update?

 

Anyway, so yeah, the guy on the first chapter is revealed to be Kyungsoo

and school director Soohan’s relationship with him is revealed as well.

so are you getting any clues on how the characters are going to be related to each other?:)

You must be asking when Hawook and Kyungsoo are going to meet well you have to wait

for a few more chapters. Sorry for making you wait (-/\-). I need to establish something and introduce

The last character important in this story :).

 

To my new subscriber/s thanks for subbing! *gives you kimchi spaghetti and lots of love*

Don’t forget to comment I really appreciate it a lot :)!

 

Until then~ bye-yeom!