Favor.

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

“Is So Eun here?” Kim Bum asked. He had just finished studying with his friend, and was wondering if So Eun had eaten lunch yet, and if she didn’t, would they like to go out to lunch together. So Eun’s classroom was almost empty, with only Michelle –The friend So Eun had made a few months ago– occupying it.
“You mean Kim So Eun?” She asked. She looked up from her books, and fixed her eyes on the boy. She had stayed behind to study, since she wasn’t really confident that she would pass the upcoming exams. Kim Bum nodded. “I think she went out to lunch with… What was his name?” She thought for a long moment, and finally she remembered his name. “Joon!” She was proud that she had remembered his name. She was really bad with names, and So Eun was one of the only names she could remember.
“Joon…” He mumbled. “I should’ve known.” He got ready to leave, with his heart full of disappointment. He put his right hand in his right pocket, and looked down to the floor.
“Who are you to So Eun?” Michelle asked. She didn’t usually see a lot of boys around So Eun. Usually it was just Joon. She wondered who this boy was, considering that he had the looks, and looked pretty rich. Her family had always wished that she would be married into a rich family. If she was to marry into a rich family, that boy, at the very least, have the looks.
“I’m her boyfriend.” He replied. His heart ached when he said these words, maybe because he knew; soon, he wouldn’t be her boyfriend no more. He put his other hand in his left pocket, and left.
“So Eun had a boyfriend?” Michelle mumbled. “How come she never told me?”

“I have to move out.” So Eun said. She had just returned from school, with Joon bring her home, and was currently waiting for her outside. She had thought it over for a long time, and decided that she best follow her mother’s wishes. It was all she could do for her mother.
“Move to where?” Kim Bum asked in shock.
“I’m moving in with Joon.” So Eun replied.
“Why do you have to move in with Joon? Just because you’re supposed to marry him, doesn’t mean that you have to move in with him.”
“You know about this?” So Eun asked in disbelief. She had planned to just tell him a lie that she would make up at the last minute. But how did he know about this?
“Just because I didn’t say anything, doesn’t mean that I don’t know it exists.”
“How’d you learn about this?”
“Hye Sun told me.” He replied.
“Did you know it was my mother’s last wish?” So Eun asked.
“So what if it was your mother’s last wish? You already made the decision to fulfill that wish.” He stumbled to his closet, and took out a luggage bag. He threw it onto the floor in front of So Eun. So Eun’s eyes were flooded with tears. “Leave.” The tear drops were running down her face now, and she didn’t know whether or not she should leave or not. She knew she loved Kim Bum, but she also knew if she didn’t leave, then it’d probably just make things worse. She took the bag, and returned to her room to pack her belongings. After stuffing whatever she could find into the bag, she rushed out of the apartment, and went outside. She threw her bag into Joon’s car, stepped in, and slammed the car door.
“Are you okay?” Joon asked his face full of worry. So Eun didn’t look at him, her eyes were looking straight forward.
“Start the car.” So Eun commanded, her eyes filled with tears again.
“Are you sure?” He asked. So Eun replied. He reluctantly started the car, and drove off in the direction of his own home. Kim Bum was looking out the window, and had seen So Eun and Joon leave. He eyes couldn’t hold in the tears, and soon, they were filled with water also. Like So Eun’s. He pulled the curtains shut, and sat down on the edge of his bed.
“Kim Bum… What happened to never going to give her up, even if it took your life…” he mumbled to himself. “You’re so useless.” He fell down on his bed, and lay there, with his heart broken.

“You loser, Kim Bum…” So Eun mumbled as she plucked off the petals of a flower. She was sitting in Joon’s backyard, which was extremely big. She was taking out her anger on the petals. Joon took a seat beside So Eun on the lawn.
“So Eun… are you sure it’s okay for you to move here?” Joon asked.
“He doesn’t care about me anyways… It doesn’t matter.” She replied as she continued to kill the flowers.
“I know it’s not the best time….but…Can you be my partner for the upcoming ball?”
“A ball? You mean like one of those parties for the wealthy?” So Eun asked. Joon nodded.
“My father’s business is having a ball to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the company. I was wondering if you could accompany me.”
“Sure…why not…” Her voice sounded emotionless, lifeless. She looked down at the flowers that no longer had the beautiful petals. “Sorry about your flowers…” She said, a little embarrassed she had wrecked Joon’s flowers.
“It’s okay.” Joon comforted. He smiled, and led So Eun back into the mansion. ‘I can’t have Kim Bum stay mad at me… I must make up with him…’ So Eun thought to herself that night.

“So E—“He had forgotten So Eun had left and there was no longer the need to wake her up. Joon would be the person waking her up in the mornings now. He proceeded to the kitchen to make breakfast. He reached into the fridge, and took out four eggs, and then he later remembered that he only need two. He wouldn’t be making So Eun breakfast either. He sighed, and placed the eggs back into the fridge.
“This is what you call a breakfast?” So Eun asked, shocked at the sight of the table. It was filled with plates of food. Each plate filled with a different kind of food. She gulped. “You’re kidding right?” Joon laughed. They were sitting on the right side of the long table, with Joon’s father sitting on one end, and his mother across from them.
“Please, Miss So Eun.” Joon’s father said, as he pointed to the food. So Eun tried to smile.
“Are we supposed to finish all this food?” She asked, and gulped. Everyone but So Eun burst into laughter. Even the servants, the butler, and the security guards laughed.
“Miss So Eun… You don’t have to finish it. We would weight awfully a lot if we finish this much food for breakfast.” Joon’s father laughed.
“Then what happens to the food we don’t eat?” So Eun asked.
“Oh… We throw it away.” Joon’s mother replied. So Eun shocked, thought ‘How could you waste so much food on a breakfast…Then what happens at dinner? Are they going to waste even more food?’
“Is breakfast like this everyday?” So Eun asked in disbelief.
“No, there’ s just more today because we didn’t know what you like to eat… write down what you like, and hand it to one of the servants. We’ll try our best to make the foods you like.” Joon’s mother replied. Her voice was gentle, and soft.
“Thank-you.” So Eun said, and started to eat.

‘So Eun’s not going to give up… I know… I must think of a way…’ No matter how much it hurt him, he knew he had to do what he was told by Hye Sun. Break up with her. They wouldn’t have a happy ending anyways. He was walking down the hallway, and stopped when he passed So Eun’s classroom. He noticed the girl he had talked to yesterday was in her desk again, studying. “Hey.” Kim Bum said, and entered the room. Michelle looked up, and smiled.
“Hey.” She closed her book. A thought had just popped up in Kim Bum’s head, and he knew how to fulfill his promise to Hye Sun.
“What’s your name?” Kim Bum asked.
“Michelle.” She replied. Kim Bum smiled.
“Michelle… Such a common name… Do you have some free time?”
“I guess…” Kim Bum walked up to her, and pulled her by the wrist, and out of the classroom. He took her up to the rooftop, and sat down against the wall, that prevented them from falling. “What’s your name anyways?” She asked curiously.
“Kim Bum.” He replied. He looked down to the ground, and then turned his eyes to Michelle. “Can you do me a favor?” He asked. <!--Chapter end-->