So Eun's Food.

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

“What do you want for dinner tonight?” Joon asked. He was sitting in his desk, flipping through the pages of a magazine, trying to find a restaurant. So Eun thought for a long moment, and then replied:


“I want to make dinner tonight.” So Eun smiled.


“You...? Making Dinner?” He laughed; he couldn’t really imagine So Eun cooking. So Eun frowned, and then walked up to him.


“Yah! If you don’t want me to put poison in the food…” She threatened.


“Fine. You can make dinner. But promise you’ll let me help you?”


“Why? I’ll be perfectly fine myself.”


“Just for safety reasons… I wouldn’t want to die under your food…” He laughed. So Eun ran up behind him, and slapped him on his arm.


“My cooking isn’t going to kill you…” She snarled.


“Alright, I get it…”He said as he put both his hands up, surrendering. “Let’s go then.” He said and pulled her by the wrist out of their room.

They arrived at the supermarket not long after, and began choosing the ingredients they would need for the dinner. So Eun, mainly was choosing the ingredients, while Joon would just quietly follow behind, pushing the cart. “Hmm… How do you think about some steak?” So Eun asked. She had been taught once back in Seoul how to cook Steak by a restaurant owner she had worked for a few years back. She wanted to see if she could still remember.
“Sounds good to me.” Joon said as So Eun walked to him, to help him push the cart. After another hour, looking through the aisles, they decided to pay and return home. While So Eun and Joon were walking out of the store, he took her hand, and held it tightly. He knew he didn’t want to lose her. But So Eun’s hand quickly loosened when she spotted Kim Bum with Jae Joong, walking across the parking lot, towards them. Her eyes were full of confusion and hope. Hope that he would explain everything to her. He stopped his footsteps, a few meters from where they were, and asked:
“Grocery shopping?” Jae Joong stood silent beside his best friend, while looking at So Eun, and Joon. So Eun didn’t answer, and moments later, Joon realized the mood around them.
“Yeah… Um, I’ll go wait in the car. You guys go chat.” He let go of So Eun’s hand, took the bags full of food, and walked away. So Eun stood there, silent.
“You want to talk?” Kim Bum asked. He took her hand, and led her to a bench in a park not very far away.
“What is there to talk about?” So Eun asked. Her eyes began to fill with water, and she tried to stop them from falling. Kim Bum didn’t know how to answer that question, in his heart, he had so many things he had planned on telling her, but his mouth didn’t seem to cooperate, and refused to say what he had planned to
“So... How’s the married life?” He asked, and silently cursed himself after saying it.
“Good...I guess…” She answered quietly.
“So Eun… I—“
“You don’t have to say anything. Joon’s been waiting for a long time now, I should go meet up with him. Bye.” She said as she waved, and left. Kim Bum sighed, and hit himself.
“What are you doing?” He whispered.

He was talking on the phone when she reached the car, and he quickly hung up when he spotted her. “What? Are you cheating on me?” She asked playfully as she went into the car. He laughed.
“No, just one of my friends. Ready to go?” He asked. She nodded. “I thought it would take you guys longer.”
“To talk? What is there to talk about in the first place?” She asked.
“Well, I just thought…”
“Joon, don’t over-think anything okay? We’re just friends now –No, we’re not even friends. He cheated on me… “She said as her tears began to fall.
“Alright,” He said as he wiped her tears away. “I get it…” He turned the key in the keyhole, and started the car.

She twisted and turned in her bed, unable to fall asleep. She had been thinking that whole night about Hyun Joong. Was she supposed to apologize to him? No. She didn’t do anything wrong. It was all for Hyun Joong’s company. She forced herself to close her eyes once more, but failed to succeed. “Aishh…!” She yelled, as she threw the pillows on the ground. “Kim Hyun Joong…” She snarled.

After buying groceries with Kim Bum, he left him to cook alone, and went to find Hyun Joong. He was sitting in a little café not far from Kim Bum’s apartment, sipping his coffee. “Are you okay?” Jae Joong asked worriedly.
“Why won’t I be? I’ve been better than I was in years.” He said, as he took another sip of his coffee.
“You don’t have to lie to me. We’ve known each other for a pretty long time… There’s no need to hide anything “No! I’m serious!” Jae Joong yelled.
“I know… It’s just… doing what I did the other day…” He took a deep breath. “It was like lifting a burden off my back. I’ve felt guilty because of this, because of Hye Sun’s selfishness.” He smiled again. “I’m really okay.” Jae Joong, not knowing what to say, nodded his head.
“Okay.”

“You’re a horrible cook!” Joon called to So Eun as he ate the food. It was a little burnt, and gave off some horrible smell. So Eun quickly ran out from the kitchen, inspecting the food she had cooked for him.


“What’s wrong with it?” She asked, confused.


“I can’t eat this dear… You break my heart, and the food hurts my stomach. I’m not eating any more of this.” He said as he shook his head in disappointment. So Eun took him, and shook him.


“Just this once…”


“I told you I should’ve helped. Look at what happened.” He raised his hand, preparing to call one of the servants, but So Eun quickly put it down.


“Just this once…” She said as she pushed the plate of food closer to her husband. He frowned, and called for a servant. “Yah! Kim Joon!” She said as she punched him on the arm. “Do you know how hard it took for me to make this?” Joon sighed.


“Do you know how long it took for my mom to raise me up like this? To have me grow this tall?” He asked playfully.


“Yah!” So Eun yelled as she punched him again. He only laughed. At this time, the servant came in, only to find the laughing and arguing at each other. Confused, the servant stood there, until they noticed her presence. “Oh…” So Eun said embarrassingly when she spotted the servant. She bowed down to her and Joon, and took a step forward.


“What can I do for you?” She asked.


“Go cook me some food. Anything but this is fine.” Joon said, as he pointed to the plate of food his wife had cooked.


“Certainly.” She replied, and hurried to the kitchen.


“Kim Joon!” So Eun shouted, as she attempted to punch him once more. He caught her wrist just in time, and smiled.


“You’re not hitting me this time.” He said as he quickly placed his lips on hers.