Her Last Wish.

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

"So Eun?" Hye Sun asked as soon as she picked up. Hye Sun had once again, woken So Eun from a deep sleep, early in the morning. So Eun flipped open her cell phone, placed it on her right ear, and sat up in her bed.
"Hye Sun?" So Eun asked, still half asleep.
"M-Omma... she..." She trailed off, and started mumbling. So Eun could tell from her voice that she had been crying.
"Hye Sun, what's wrong? What happened?" She asked impatiently. What could've happened to her mom to make Hye Sun cry?
"Omma, she..." She stopped for a moment, and then continued after taking a deep breath. "She died." So Eun froze. Her fingers lost grip on the phone, and dropped it on the bed. She shook her head in disbelief.
"Impossible..." She mumbled under her breath, "She couldn't have died..." Her eyes flooded with tears, she sat there, motionless. Kim Bum had just woken up, and decided to go ask So Eun what she wanted for breakfast, but found her silently crying on her bed.
"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly, as he hugged her.
"O--Omma… She…" She trailed off, Kim Bum understood what she was about to say right after she said Omma. He just knew. She died.
"It's alright…" He comforted. "It's alright. You have me.. and I'll never leave you." He promised.

A month had passed since So Eun's mother had died, and she was starting to feel better. She didn't go back for the funeral, because Hye Sun said it would just be a waste of time, and money. Then she remembered what she did yesterday.

*Flashback*
"What's wrong with you?" So Eun asked in horror as she pushed him away, and slapped him. "I don't belong to anyone but myself." She said in disbelief. "There is no way I would be engaged to you." Joon laughed.
"Oh really?" Joon asked. So Eun didn't want to say it anymore. She looked at her hands, the ones that just slapped her best friend. Tears began to flow her eyes, and she wiped them so that they wouldn't fall. She turned away, opened the door, and ran down the stairs.
*End Of Flashback*

"How could this be happening to me?" She asked. She wanted to confirm what Joon had said, so she decided to call Hye Sun.
"Hello?" Hye Sun said when she finally answered the phone.
"Hye Sun, I've got a question." So Eun said.
"What is it?" Hye Sun asked curiously.
"Did mother promise my hand in marriage to a person named Joon by chance?"
"How did you know?" She asked. So Eun sighed.
"So it's true..." So Eun mumbled.
"It was mother's last wish that you marry him. It was her last words, though... I couldn't bear to tell you." So Eun didn't know what to say. It was all true... and it was also her mother's last wish... should she marry him, like her mother had wished? She pushed the thought away like usual, and decided to focus on studying for the final exams.

Joon had come to So Eun's apartment early that morning, using the excuse of "It's the responsibility of a fiancé." Kim Bum, sitting at the table having breakfast, was surprised to see Joon at the door.
"What brings you here so early in the morning?" Kim Bum asked as he walked back to the table, and took a seat.
"I'm taking So Eun to school." Joon replied as he followed Kim Bum. Kim Bum let out a little laugh.
"Why pick her up, when I'm taking her to school?"
"Because she's my fiancée." Kim Bum looked away from Joon. 'She was supposed to be mine.' He thought as he struck his fork into his breakfast.
"Joon..." So Eun said, surprised. "Why are you here?" Joon walked over to So Eun, and wrapped his fingers around hers.
"To pick you up. Let's go." He said, and started to walk towards the door. So Eun planted her feet to the ground, and refused to move. She wanted to stay here, with Kim Bum. Kim Bum, after seeing Joon about to leave with So Eun, he walked up to him, and broke their hands apart. He intertwined his fingers with hers, and ran out of their apartment, leaving Joon alone in the apartment.

Kim Bum and So Eun had run up onto the rooftop of the building, and was standing at the wall that was preventing them from falling. It was up to Kim Bum's chest, and he leaned against it, looking down at the scenery. "Are you unhappy?" So Eun asked, as she stood beside him. Kim Bum didn't answer, and instead, he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.
"No..." He lied as he turned her around, and hugged her. 'Will we stay like this forever?' So Eun asked herself. She closed her eyes, and threw away the thought. 'This will be enough, even if it's only going to last for a short time.'

"You're moving in with me." Joon said. They were in the cafeteria, eating their lunches. Kim Bum was helping a friend study, and wasn't eating lunch.
"Why?" So Eun asked in disbelief.
"Because you're my fiancée." Joon replied, as he took another bite out of his sandwich.
"Why don't you spend you time in a better way?" So Eun asked Joon. He looked at her with his face full of confusion. "I mean, you probably know there's no way that there's going to be a perfect ending for us.... So why don't you spend you time in a better way... Like finding another girl that more suitable for you..." She said. She got up from the table, and got ready to leave. He took her wrist, and then slowly traced his fingers from her wrist to her hand.
"Because I know you're the only one for me." He said. He let go of her hand, and continued eating, as if nothing had happened. So Eun looked at him. 'How could he not give up? Am I that special to him? Does he love me that much?' She sat back in her seat, and waited till the lunch bell went.

"Kim Bum... you've probably already heard the story about So Eun..." Hye Sun mumbled.
"The story about her hand in marriage?" Kim Bum asked. Hye Sun nodded, but soon realized that they were on the phone, and Kim Bum couldn't see her nod, and replied:
"Yes. It was our mother's last wish..."
"Are you saying..."
"I'm saying that maybe you could let So Eun go."
"What?"
"I know So Eun loves you alot... but think of it in So Eun's point of view... I heard Joon is very nice to her... and that they're very good friends. Don't you think it would be easier for one side to give up, before..."
"Before it would put her in an uneasy place."
"You know why right?" Hye Sun asked.
"I know... She loved her mother alot, and she would always respect her decisions..."
"And this marriage thing..." Kim Bum could bear to say the words. He knew the chances of him and So Eun living happily together was very slim. So Eun would always choose Joon in the end because it was her mother's last wish. "Even if I break up with her... that doesn't mean that she'll fall for Joon."
"Try..." Hye Sun said. Kim Bum could feel the water gathering up in his eyes, but he held them in.
"We'll see..." Kim Bum said, and hung up.