New Life.

Mistaken Faith [Sequel to Mistaken Happiness]

"I'm so sorry!" So Eun apologized in English as she bumped into a boy. It was one of the few words she had known in English. He was tall, with orange-ish, red-ish, brown hair. She was almost late for class and was rushing to class, hoping that she would make it in time. It was her first day at the Fine Arts Academy, and had slept in. Kim Bum had left the apartment early, and had left her sleeping.
"It's alright." The boy said as he examined her. "Are you the new student?" He asked in English. So Eun, confused, and not understanding what he was saying, decided to ignore him. She pushed up aside, and continued walking, trying to find her classroom. Joon laughed when she pushed him aside, and followed her in curiosity. No girl had ever dared to push him, because he was the richest boy in the states, and Korea. Aware of the boy following her So Eun stopped, and turned around.
"Why are you following me?" She asked in Korean, not knowing how to say it in English. Joon laughed and replied to her question in Korean, making sure she actually understood him.
"I'm curious… Are you the new student?" Joon asked.
"Yes, I am. So what about it? I'm late, I can't talk." She replied, as she started to walk again.
"Are you in class A of the music department?" He asked, pointing to the little violin she was carrying. So Eun stopped her footsteps, and turned to face him. "I'm taking that as a yes? I'll take you there; it might just take forever for someone with the brains of yours to find the classroom." He joked as he took her by the wrist, and started pulling her with him. So Eun, too lazy to find her classroom, decided to just follow the boy.
"What's your name?" She asked when they got near the classroom.
"Kim Joon." He replied. He stopped his footsteps in front of a classroom, and said: "We're here. Welcome to class A of the music department." He said as he let go of this grip on her wrist. So Eun peeked into the classroom, and saw that most of the people there didn't look like they could speak her language. She looked down, and whispered to herself.
"Be brave!" and walked into the classroom. It was huge, each student having a big work desk, and a music stand beside it. Each made with nicely furnished wood, shining proudly in the classroom. She took a step into the classroom, took a deep breath, and repeated the sentence Kim Bum had taught her on the plane trip over here to Los Angeles, California. "I… Em Kim So Eun." The students, fluent in English, laughed at her accent. Kim Joon walked in, and everybody became silent. "Thank-you." She said in Korean to Joon, and took an empty seat at the back of the room. Joon followed behind.
So Eun had a hard time understanding the teacher during class, since it was all English. She spoke to fast for So Eun to look it up in the dictionary, so So Eun left class without an idea of what the teacher was teaching, or talking about. It was only at lunch, when she saw Kim Bum. He had met new friends, and was sitting at a table chatting with them, and when he spotted her, he waved her over to the seat beside him.
"How was class?" He asked.
"Horrible, I didn't understand a thing…" She said. "I thought I could manage, but turns out I couldn't."
"It's okay, you'll get hang of the language soon, and it really isn't that hard." Kim Bum was fluent in English, and had no trouble talking in English in this school. "Want something to eat? I'll get you something." So Eun nodded, and waited patiently at the table for his return with the food.
"Can I sit down?" Joon asked as he took the seat beside her.
"Um… That seat…"
"Is occupied?" He asked, as he moved to the other side of her. She scanned the room for Kim Bum, and saw him walking back towards the table with a tray of food. "How was class?" He asked.
"I couldn't understand a thing." So Eun said annoyed, it was the second time someone had asked her this question, and she would have to answer it for the second time.
"It's okay, I can be your translator, and I took notes in class today. I'll translate them tonight and give them to you tomorrow. How is that?" She nodded her head gratefully, and thanks him, again. Kim Bum had come back with the food, and took his seat.
"Hey." He said, as he pushed the plate in front of So Eun.
"Hi." Joon said.
"My name's Kim Bum, I'm So Eun's boyfriend." He said.
"I'm Kim Joon, her new classmate." They smiled, and shook hands.
"Kim Bum? Aren't you eating? Didn't you get anything for yourself?" Kim Bum shook his head, and replied:
"No, I had food already, you eat. I'm not hungry."
"What about you?" She asked Joon.
"Its fine, I'm not hungry either." He smiled, and said: "You eat."

Kim Bum had felt uncomfortable, though he didn't know why. Was it because of Joon's presence? He didn't understand. He had a feeling that he might just lose So Eun to this boy. He decided to push the thought away like So Eun would usually do, and returned to class after lunch. So Eun returned to class with Joon.
"Are you okay?" So Eun asked as she handed the cup of water to Kim Bum. He was sitting on the couch of their apartment, watching T.V. It had been a few days since they moved here, to Los Angeles, California.

"I'm okay; I'm just a little…" Kim Bum couldn't let the words out, and decided it would be better for her not to know. He knew it would make her feel awkward. "It's nothing." He lied.
Kim Bum's father had given them one of their apartments they would use for vacations. It was bigger than the apartment that So Eun had visited a few months back, the one Kim Bum and his friends used for hanging out. It had a living room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a balcony. Each room had its special design. The floor was made of white tiles, the wall colored a bright yellow-ish, white-ish.

The living room had two couches, a beanbag, a rug in the middle of the room, and a little glass coffee table in the middle of it, the T.V being on the wall didn't take up much space. The couches were made with white leather, and the beanbag a bright red color. A little light hung from the ceiling, lighting the living room up.

The kitchen was two times bigger than the one in the apartment before, with a black fridge, and black shelves used to put plates, and decorations. Below the shelves was a row of drawers, used for putting utensils. There was an island in the middle of the kitchen, made of beautiful black stone, lights hung from the ceiling to light it up, with the sink and stove both on the island.

So Eun and Kim Bum's room were on either side of the room, So Eun on the right, and Kim Bum on the left, each with two steps leading into the room. In So Eun's room, there was a king sized bed, with a canopy hanging over it, causing it to feel more dreamy. A dresser was beside her bed, and a little table stood on the other side. A little hallway led to the bathroom, and her walk-in closet a few meters away from her bed. With white being the main color of the room, the curtains of the big window that stretched from the ceiling to the floor were decorated with white curtains. The lights hung from the ceiling, like the ones in the living room.

Kim Bum's room like So Eun's had a king sized bed also, though it had no canopy. He had a black desk beside his bed, and on the other side, a hallway to the bathroom, and his walk-in closet, much like So Eun's. He had drawers for his things at the corner of his room. He had the same window as So Eun, but it was decorated with a black curtain, the theme being black.

So Eun took a seat beside him, and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Are you sure? You can always tell me." She said as she turned her attention to the T.V.
"I'm sure, nothing's wrong." He replied as he kissed her on the forehead.