Playground -cringe alert-

Key of True Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The alarm clock was blaring on the bed-side table made a hand stopped it right away. The sleeping figure lazily got up from her bed and let out a small yawn.

She was still half-sleep while stretching, she then looked at a frame on the bed-side table and let out a small smile.

She reached out her hand and grabbed the frame which had a picture of her with someone she treasured so much. She stared at the picture for awhile, admiring it.

"I miss you." she muttered softly as she traced the picture with her finger. "Always." she kissed it with her eyes closed and softly put it on the table.

She took a glance with a small smile before she got off from her bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

After 15 minutes of bath, she went out and searched for a simple clothes before walked out of her house.

She wrapped herself with her arms as the morning cold air keep hitting her body and face as she walking to a certain place. It's been awhile since she last visit that place.

She smiled when she finally reached the place, it is quite quiet since it is still early in the morning. Maybe it looks childish visiting a playground in her age but it never made her stop from doing it.

Because that playground was a meaningful place for her and which was the first time she met someone special. First time she met her.

 

--

 

There's a certain place that kids loves to spend their play time, making new friends and play together. Screams, laughters, squeals and lot of noises can be heard from them in the playground but not from a certain kid who enjoys playing herself because she doesn't have any friends at that moment.

"Yah! Why are you playing alone?" a blonde haired boy approached her along with his friends behind him. She raised her head and give them a blank stares before continue playing, ignoring them.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" the boy snapped.

She doesn't know how to react, thus the reason why she ignored them. She doesn't know how to befriend with others.

"We want to play with you." Another boy spoke up. She assumed they were the same age as her and suddenly caught the boys smiling mischievously.

She can sense something bad will happen, she stood up from her spot and wanted to walk away but the blonde haired boy caught her wrist.

She looked at her wrist before she lookes up to meet the boy's eyes, gave him a death glare. The boy immediately let go of her wrist but then he gave a wide grin when he spot a doll in her arm.

He snatched the doll from her and began laughing loudly with his friends when she was struggling, trying to snatch her doll back.

"Hyung! Pass!" a brunette haired boy shouted at the blonde haired boy as the boys started to circled around her. The blonde haired boy raised his arm and threw the doll above her head.

Her eyes followed her precious doll and began running to the brunette haired boy to get her doll. He raised the doll high, that she had to tip-toed to get her doll back.

"Minho!" the brunette haired boy shouted and threw the doll above her head again to the boy who named Minho.

The boy, I mean Minho caught the doll and held it in front of him, assuring the girl to take the doll.

The girl faced him and gave him a glare before without hesitation went forward towards the boy to grab her doll but before her hand can reached the doll, the boy purposely pull it makes the girl fall on the ground.

The boys laughed at her which made her want to cry but she held her tears from falling down. She can't show her weak side to the boys.

"Yah! What are you guys doing?!" a loud scream came behind the girl. The boys looked up, searching the source of the loud scream.

"Playing duh.." the blonde haired boy folded his arms, looking at the boy. The boy slowly approached them.

The boy held his hand in front of the girl, assuring her to grab his hand. She, again without any hesitation, grabbed the boy's hand. The boy pulled her and purposely let go of his grip make her fall on the ground again.

She choked her saliva, trying to fight her tears from falling. The boy suddenly laugh along with the boys.

"Oops.. My bad." he uttered while giving a few high-five with the boys. He grabbed her doll and showed it in front of her. She quickly reached out her hand to grab it but failed when the boy pulled his hand away.

Suddenly, a slap landed across his face made the girl on the ground startled and raised her head to see what happened. She can see a tan girl standing in front of her, facing the bullies.

"Oops.. My bad." The same words come from the girl as she slowly turned towards the girl on the ground, giving some help.

She hesitated for awhile but carefully place her hand on the girl's hand. The tan girl grinned before slowly pulling her up.

"Give me the doll." the tan girl demanded towards the boys.

Minho shrugged his shoulder and stuck his tongue towards her. "Come here to get it." Minho said while swinging the doll.

The tan girl come closer towards Minho and showed her palm, asking for it.

"I said get it!" the boy smirked.

The tan girl knocked his head with an innocent look on her face. The boy groaned while rubbing his head.

"Give me. Or I will tell this to my oppa." the girl threatened. The boy who named Minho raised his hand and gave a punch across her face as a revenge for hitting his head.

The girl who was quietly observing from afar was startled when the boy hit her savior while other boys keep laughing.

The tan girl didn't cry but she replied by kicking his 'thing' between his leg. The boy groaned in pain and fell on his knees while pressing his leg together. The other boys rushed to help him.

"Give me." she stood there like nothing happened and demand for the doll. The brunette haired boy grabbed the doll from his friend's grip and stood in front of the tan girl.

"Do you want this? Told that girl to get it herself." the brunette haired boy referred to the owner of the doll.

"You took her doll. Why are you asking her to get it herself since it's hers. You're the one who should give it to her." the tan girl said calmly.

"Do you want it too?" the tan girl asked, showing her raised leg. The boy quickly threw the doll to her and quickly hide his thing with his palm before run away with his friends.

Suddenly the tan girl cracked up, startling the owner of the doll. She made her way to the owner of the doll while still laughing.

"Unnie. Why are you so quiet and let them bully you? You should kick him like I did." the tan girl said to her while handed her the doll. She grinned when the other girl took the doll from her and quickly hugged it in her arms.

"Your.. Lips.. Bleeding.." the girl said awkwardly with her broken hangul. Since she just moved to Korea from States.

"Oh? Wow.. That's why I felt my lips had became bigger. Do I look like Angelina Jolie?" the tan girl joked made the girl suddenly burst laughing.

"Choi Sooyoung." the tan girl held out her hand.

The girl stop laughing and replace it with a sweet smile. "Jung Jessica." she replied as she held out her hand, shaking Sooyoung's hand.

 

 

Jessica smiled when she remember those memory. How could she forget it, Sooyoung was her first friend since she moved to Korea. And forever will be her bestfriend, the one she treasure so much. There's a special space for a girl named Choi Sooyoung in her heart. Those memories she spent with Sooyoung are still fresh in her mind.

Jessica walked softly, letting her feet decide the way while admiring the familiar scene. Her feet suddenly stopped at a place whereas her first meeting with Sooyoung. A place when she got bullied by those naughty boys.

She couldn't help it but let out a soft chuckle when she remember how boyish Sooyoung was with her innocent face when she save her from those naughty boys.

"My boyish sweet Sooyoungie." she muttered along with a small laugh.

She spotted an ice cream stall and smiled when she saw a lots of kids struggling to get their ice cream. Suddenly her eyes spotted a girl near the stall, crying.

"Hey, why are you crying?" she asked softly as soon she approached the girl. She bent down to meet the girl's eyes level.

The girl pointed her finger towards an ice cream cone on the ground with her free hand as the other one she used it to rub her eyes.

"Okay. Don't cry. Unnie will buy it for you okay. What flavor do you want sweety?" she asked in soft manner. This is not her usual self but a girl named Choi Sooyoung who success made an ice princess like this.

"Chocolate." the girl cutely muttered. Jessica smiled and patted her head softly before getting up to the stall.

When she come back with an ice cream in her hand, she found no one and looked around to find the little girl. She let out a smile when she found the little girl on the bench with a little boy, not far from where she's standing.

She slowly approaching them, she can see the little girl had an ice cream cone in her hand. And when she was about to reached them, she abruptly stopped in her track.

Seeing how sweet the little boy trying to clean the little girl's stained lips with his finger, totally melted her heart. She can feel her eyes slowly heated, remembering her moments with Sooyoung.

 

 

"ICE CREAM!" a fifteen-years old Sooyoung suddenly shouted when she spotted an ice cream stall near the playground. At that time, they come to playground just to walk around.

Jessica flinched a bit when she heard a loud screaming just beside her ear. "Once a Shikshin, always be a Shikshin." mumbled the older girl while rubbing her ear.

Sooyoung happily walked forward, leaving the older girl behind. Jessica glared at the unaware girl before following her to the ice cream stall.

"Sica! You can wait me there. I'll bring your ice cream." Sooyoung smiled to the older girl which make Jessica's lips curved into a smile.

She doesn't know why, seeing her best friend's smile makes her smile as well. Sooyoung's smile somehow makes her heart flutters. She take a note to herself, Sooyoung is her happiness and she know that she love Sooyoung so much.

She nodded and obeyed Sooyoung's words, walking towards the bench and rested her on the bench while waiting for the younger girl. She can see from afar that Sooyoung was smiling widely while walking towards her, holding two cones of ice cream.

Suddenly she saw Sooyoung stopped and bent down in front of little boy who was crying. Jessica saw Sooyoung talked to the little boy and give one of her ice cream to the boy. The boy stopped crying and gave Sooyoung a peck on her cheek before he left.

Jessica smiled at the sight. Sooyoung reached to her and gave her favourite ice cream, chocolate flavor.

Instead of going back to the stall to buy her new ice cream, Sooyoung give her a smile and sit beside her. Jessica let out a confused look.

"I thought you're craving for an ice cream?" Jessica asked while her ice cream, look at Sooyoung.

"Yeahh~" Sooyoung pouted.

"Why aren't you go back, buying new ice cream?" Jessica asked, smiling at the cute sight.

"Our ice cream is the last one. It's okay, I will beg my sister for a bowl of an ice cream." Sooyoung giggled.

Jessica smiled and hold her ice cream in front of Sooyoung's lips, confusing the younger girl. "Do I have to teach you how to it?" Jessica said.

"Kyaaaaaa.. You wanna share it? Thank you Sica~" Sooyoung smiled before hold Jessica's hand to balance it and the ice cream happily.

They thought it's normal for bestfriend to share their foods, drink and such thing although they know it was an indirect kiss. But people would assume them as a couple, sweet couple.

Jessica brought her ice cream to her lips and give it a . Suddenly Sooyoung laughed while looking at her. Jessica raised her brow at the sudden burst from the younger girl.

"Aish, so clumsy.." Sooyoung said while reached her hand out, wipes a stained on Jessica's nose and lips with her finger before it. Sooyoung grinned before slowly brought Jessica's hand towards her, the ice cream.

 

 

 

Jessica quickly snapped from her thought and walk towards the little boy and the little girl. The kids lifted their head.

"I see.. How long have you guys been dating?" she teased. She laughed when she caught the kids blushing while the little boy scratched his back of his head shyly.

'Such a cute kids.' she smiled. She admit, she wasn't in good terms with kids but she always followed Sooyoung entertain kids in the playground made her slowly good in entertain kids.

"What is your name?" she asked while handing the girl an ice cream. Much to her surprise, the girl shook her head.

"My name is Sooyoung." Jessica gasped in shock upon hearing the little girl name. 

"What is your name unnie?" the little girl continued.

"U-uh? Oh, unnie's name is Jessica. What is your name Sooyoung's boyfriend?" she answered the girl before asking the little boy teasingly.

"My name is Minhyun." the boy smiled shyly.

"Oh. Are you sure you don't want this Sooyoung? It's gonna melt." Jessica patted Minhyun's head before turning to little Sooyoung.

"Thank you unnie. But I already ate with Hyunnie." the girl shyly said.

"Cute." Jessica pinched her cheek. "Arraso. Can unnie eat this instead?" she asked. The girl nodded as she showed her smile.

"Thank you. Unnie don't want to be the third wheels between you guys. Have a nice date Sooyoung, Minhyun." she teased again before leave the blushing couple.

She make her way towards the lake while her ice cream. She spotted an empty bench, the usual bench she will hang out with Sooyoung. She sat there while enjoying her ice cream, admiring the lake scene.

Suddenly she spotted a big tree at the lakeshore near her seated. That tree, also had a memory with her and Sooyoung.

 

"Yah Choi Sooyoung! Get down here!" a seventeen-years old Jessica shouted to her younger friend.

"Just a little bit Sica.. The kite is stuck." Sooyoung tried to reached the kite with her left hand while her other hand grip the tree's branch tightly.

"I don't care! Just get down here! You might fall Sooyoungie.." Jessica shouted under the tree, watching her best friend worriedly.

"Just a-- waaahhh!" Jessica's eyes was wide open when she heard Sooyoung's shouted and about to fall from the tree.. Before she could reacted, Sooyoung's body fall into her body and made them lay on the ground with Sooyoung on top of her.

"Ow!" Sooyoung groaned while trying to get off from her friend.. She supported her body by putting her hands between Jessica's head.

Jessica, who was frozen under Sooyoung's body couldn't help it but blush seeing their faces was an inch by each other.. She can feel Sooyoung's warm breath tickling her face.

Sooyoung openes her eyes only to found Jessica's eyes staring at hers intensely.. Silence, only their fast heartbeat can be heard.

Sooyoung who can feel her hands getting numb, quickly snapped and get off from Jessica's body. She scratched her head before reached her hand to pulled Jessica.

There's an awkward silence before a slap can be heard. "Ow! What was that for Sica?!" Sooyoung winched in pain while rubbing her shoulder that Jessica hit..L

"You are so stubborn! I already told you right?" Jessica hissed while holding her back. Sooyoung pouted before grabbing Jessica's waist, rubbing it to soothe it the pain.

"Mianhe.." Sooyoung apologized. Jessica sat there, not reacting anything. Sooyoung know the older girl is mad at her.

"Sica.." she called but failed, the older girl ignore her.. Sooyoung scooted closer and tucked her sleeves.. "Sica~~" she used her aegyo. She know Jessica can't resist that.

"Sica-chuuu ~~ I'm hungryyyy~" she whined while continued tucking her sleeves. There's a silence before Jessica bursted laughing.

"Fine Fine.. Don't do that anymore. Arraso?" Jessica said, smiling before stand up to grab Sooyoung's hand and dragged her towards the bench.

After they sit on the bench, Jessica grabbes a pink bag and take out a food container. Jessica giggled when she saw Sooyoung's dorky smile..

When they were busy eating, Sooyoung suddenly stopped eating and grabbes her Nikon D60. She stand up from her seat with her camera and step back a few steps, confused the older girl.

"Just be normal Sica. Pretend tgat I'm not here." Sooyoung instructed with a smile. Even though in confused state, she still obey Sooyoung's order.

Sooyoung raised her camera and snap Jessica's face. "Yah! What are you doing?!" Jessica asked, turn her head back to look at Sooyoung.

"Taking your picture duh.." Sooyoung said while looking at Jessica's picture in her camera before raised her camera again to snap Jessica's face.

"Yah! You always take my picture. I'm sure you have  lots of my pictures in your camera." Jessica said.

"I love taking your pictures because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter