I Miss Him

My Oneshot Collection

I still remember how his back fades, leaving me alone.


 

Two toothbrush were here. Now one is gone. When I come out, I used to see your notes saying that you love me sticked on the refrigerator but not anymore. A big picture of us together used to be framed on the pink, cheerful wall but now the frame, is not there anymore. I just hate past tense.

A morning kiss used to land on my cheek every morning. Your cologne used to linger in our room every morning before you go to work. Breakfast used to be in two servings. We were happy together. Again, I hate past tense.

Time pass by. Life must go on but I - am stucked in the memories you left here. Why you have to leave me? Two years passed and I'm still here, living in our small apartment full with memories. Our memories. 

 

Ding dong, ding dong. The doorbell woke me up. Half asleep, I lead myself to the door and unlocked it. No one was there when I opened it. No one.

I took off my pyjamas as soon I reached the laundry basket and entered the bathroom to let hot water runs into the bath tub. I walked to reach my towel in the cupboard but didn't head to the bathroom straight. I lay down on my single bed again, watching the stars I painted at the ceiling long time ago.

Ding dong. The doorbell striked again. I grabbed the towel beside me to cover my lower body and rushed to the door in case I can see someone this time. Full of hope, I opened the door vigorously but it was not him but Junhong, my ex-roommate. I didn't know who I expected.

 

"Good morning. I happened to past here so I dropped here for a visit. Hope it doesn't bother you." The tall boy greeted.

"Ahh Junhong ah. It's not like this is the first time. Come on in. No one is inside." I replied, while pulling the door inside to cover my body from anyone's view.

"I can see that you just woke up. You slept late again yesterday? What were you doing?" After taking his shoe off, he casually went to the kitchen, searching for something to eat. After he found a pockey box hidden somewhere in my kitchen, He sat on the sofa to enjoy the snack. "I'm eating this~" he said right after he landed his on the soft sofa. 

"Kayyyy." I answered flatly, knowing his personality which is shameless, long time ago. "By the way, where are you going on this leisure Sunday? Plus it's still early. You should be sleeping usually when we lived together." I asked while heading to the bathroom. Warm water overflowed since I left it quite long already. 

"Hrmmm nowhere. Just gonna walk around since I can't get back to sleep. Wanna come along?" The closed door seemed to block Junhong's voice but it is still audible.

"Yeah sure. Since you are here and I have nothing to do. I miss talking with you too." My voice echoed in the moderate bathroom. "Wait for me. I want to take my bath first." I continued. A hum from outside followed. I assumed that as a yes.

 

"YAH JONGUP! Jongup ah! Are you okay?" A continuous light slap landed on both my cheek. I could barely open my small eyes to see what's happening. "Heyy what happened? Are you all right?" The voice kept asking my condition even after my eyeballs are visible. I caught a glimpse around. I was still in my apartment. A figure stood beside me. He looked like Daehyun but I was wrong. Junhong who was here earlier was the figure. He held my hand. His hand was warm. It's so calming.

 


 

Heyyoooooo. I thought that I didn't write for quite a while so here's a half chapter. I will post the other half ASAP so please be patient~