4 - When the Stars Go Blue

A Handful of Stars

 

SooYoung’s POV

 

I’m wide awake, staring into nothingness, stealing occasional glances at the empty bed beside mine. It’s almost 4 in the morning, how long is she planning to wait on her beloved stars?

 

2 hours?

 

Maybe 3?

 

5 days?

 

A week?

 

A month?

 

A year?

 

Who knows?

 

Perhaps the stars will fall.

 

For her.

 

I did.

 

I fell..

 

in love.

 

With someone whose heart will never be mine. Funny how we are both awake wishing we were loved by the person we cherish the most. The only difference is she was hopeful while I lie here in my bed doing nothing.

Nothing. For more than a decade, I did nothing to let her know what I truly feel. All because I am a coward. . I know deep down that I have to let my feelings go somehow. It’s either I tell her or I continue pretending we were better off as friends for the rest of my life. I am afraid to lose her, but am I not losing her all this while?

 I chuckle at my own realization.  It’s now or never, I tell myself. The years that have passed are forgotten. This moment is what matters. The moment I tell Jessica what I truly feel. I took a deep breath before I opened the door and slowly made my way to the balcony where my princess awaits for the stars to fall.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“How long have we been waiting for shooting stars again?”

“3 weeks I think.”

“Hmmnn. That’s long. Are you planning to continue this?”

“Not really, a few more days maybe.”

“Why? Are you giving up?”

I smiled at Tiffany. We were waiting again for the past hour and a half. Tonight was no different from the other nights we stayed up to wait for shooting stars.

“Fany-ah, I am not giving up.”

“I thought so. You love her too much to just give up, right?”

“Yes I do, I have always loved her.”I said remembering the times we used to spend together.

“So? When have you decided to stop searching the skies for shooting stars?”

“Just today. Fany-ah, I am confessing tomorrow, or rather today since it’s early morning already.”

“Really? Oh my God Jessie, I’m so excited for you!” and with that she started jumping up and down the balcony before giving me a hug.

“Thanks Fany. I’m actually pretty scared but I just thought I have to do something aside from wishing on stars.”

“Gosh, I’m so happy for you! You don’t have to be scared. I know she’ll say yes.”

“You think so?”

“Of course. If she wouldn’t say yes then we’ll have to make her, and besides you have the stars to back you up.”

“You’re crazy; I wouldn’t force myself on her. I just want her to know what I feel.”

“Yeah yeah I am crazy and YOU are crazily in love with her.”

I smiled admitting the fact that I am totally in love with her. Who wouldn’t be?

“Shut up. But how should I do it? You know I’m no expert in expressing myself.”

“Just grab her shirt and kiss her! That should do it!”

I smacked Tiff on the head. This crazy woman, I think she’s spending too much time with Taeyeon to come up with this crazy idea.

“What? What better way can you think of?”

“Are you mental? I can’t just kiss her unexpectedly, she would totally freak out!”

“Fine. I’ll help you, but for now let’s hit the sack okay? Long day ahead.”

“Thanks. I think I’ll stay for a few more minutes. Think things through. You go ahead and sleep.” I gave Tiffany a hug and kissed her goodnight.

“Jessie, you love her so much do you?”

“Yes. I don’t think I’ll ever consider myself loving someone else other than her.”

“Well goodluck today! Get some rest princess.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

so sorry for the super late update. 

this chapter is kinda rushed but i promise to make it up in the next few days...or not. T__T

 

-iheartyoungie