3 - Supernova

A Handful of Stars

 

 

It’s worth the wait. No matter how long it takes. These words kept replaying inside my head for the next few days.  It kept me alive despite the hectic schedule. Like a glint of hope started to arise inside of me. Should I wait a little longer before finally giving up on this one-sided love? Or should I confess? Was Yuri right? Will it help me ease the burden of this decade-long love I have for her?

 “ A penny for your thoughts?”

“Huh? Oh it’s you.”

“What do you mean it’s you? Am I not worth your time Choi?” she said pouting.

“Eeeww. Don’t make that face in front of me Kwon!”

“Why don’t I look cute with these expression” Yuri said while using her aegyo and made what she thought were CUTE expressions.

“No. And for the last time don’t do that in my face. It’s terrifying.”

“Fine, don’t be too disgusted. I will never be the Aegyo Queen because I’m just plain y.” And with that she started doing some y moves in front of me.

“Stop that Yul!”

“ Not until you tell me I’m y!C’mon admit it I look y with these pose right?” and there goes KkabYul displaying a Y pose at every angle possible. I rolled my eyes as she started dancing again after her 3-minute modeling stint.

“Hey *pants* I’m y..*pants* right?  SooYoung?”

“I can’t decide yet. Maybe if you could show me the dance moves from 1,2 Step? I like that performance of yours.”

“Like.. *pants*.. this?” 

“Yeah. And then do that thing we’re you take off your jacket.” I said while grinning at her. Man, she was breathing heavily and she was covered in sweat.

“Yah!! You’re making a fool out of me! You Shikshin!”

“Took you long enough? ”I said as I passed her water and wiped the sweat off her face.

“Shut up! Oh God I’m so tired. This is all your fault.” She said as she slumped on the cold floor and rested her head on my lap.

“Sorry Yul. I needed someone to take my mind off so many things.”

“Well, it’s my pleasure. So have you decided? Are you confessing?”

“I haven’t decided yet. I need more time.”

“Soo, it’s been more than ten years and you’re saying you need more time?”

“I’m scared.”

“Of what?”

“The idea of confessing and the consequences that will come after that.”

“Soo, you’ve loved her for ages why haven’t you confessed?”

“Because we’re friends.”

“And you love her more than that. I get the picture .  That  I-don’t-want-to-lose-the-friendship excuse is old and lame. If you love someone then tell them. Don’t make friendship an excuse to hide your feelings.”

“Says the person who hasn’t confessed to her Fany Fany Tiffany.”

“Yah!”

“What? It’s true. You and I are on the same boat. You can’t confess because you feel like you’ll ruin your friendship with Fany.”

“Fine, it’s true. I take back what I said earlier. It’s hard being in love with a friend you’ve known for years because of that so-called boundaries of friendship.”

“But at least you and Tiffany still got a shot. Me and Sica, I feel like being friends is all we’ll ever be in this lifetime.”

“But she’s worth the try SooYoung-ah.”

“Aiisshh. So frustrating. Anyways, any hints from her?”

“None at all. She treats me the way she does everyday.  All I see is Fany waiting outside my room, Fany serving me food, Fany, Fany, Fany. You know she’s being a little cheesy towards me lately.  ” Yuri said while blushing.

“Ooohh. And Kwon Yuri likes cheesy Tiffany. Haha! You should see you’re face, you’re as red as a tomato.”

“Shut up. These women. They’re making our lives a living hell. Maybe you and I should just be together. Right MY SooYoungie?” and there goes that aegyo again.

“We can’t. We’re friends. Boundaries of friendship remember?”

“Oh that. Crap.”

“Oi what are you two doing?” Hyoyeon said as she approached the two of us on the floor.

“Nothing. Just talking.” I said.

“About? You’re not talking about me are you?”

“Nah. Why would we waste our precious time talking about you Hyo?” Yuri said sticking out her tongue to HyoYeon.

“Shut up Yul.” She said and smacked Yuri’s head. “So? What are you talking about?”

“ Nothing much. Friendship. Boundaries. Love.” I said.

“Tsk. Emotional are we, Choi Sooyoung? If I were you, I’ll just take the plunge and be done with it. That goes for you too, Yul.”

“What about friendship?”

“SooYoung-ah, didn’t you know that there’s a thin line between love and friendship?”And with that she smiled and walked away.

______________________________________________________________________________________

crappy update. T_T but i'm still testing my writing skills so let me know what you think. 

thanks for the comments, i really appreciate it. i'll try to finish this by next week then i'll post another one-shot before i hibernate. 

XOXO

-   iheartyoungie