2 - Black Hole

A Handful of Stars

 

 

 

“Who is it? C’mon tell me.”

“Huh? Who?”

“The one she loves, who is it?”

“I’m not telling.”

“Some friend you are. C’mon tell me tell me ttttell me.”

I rolled my eyes as KKab-Yul started dancing Tell Me at a secluded area in the park in front of our dorm. I immediately pulled her to stop her from humiliating herself and me in case somebody sees me with her.

“Yah! Sit down will you.”

“tell me tell me..”

“Shut up Yul! I’ll hit you, I swear I’ll hit you.”

“Okay now are you telling me?”

“Fine it’s you.”

“Huh? “

“It’s you okay? She loves you. Y-O-U. Got that.”

“Shush..i know how to spell you. But where did you get this idea?”

“I heard her, last night. She was out with Tiffany again at the balcony waiting for shooting stars.”

“And what exactly did you hear?”

 

*flashback*

I wish you’d love me back. The same way I’m loving you right now.” Jessica said softly. Her voice was so gentle almost like a whisper but the emotions where strong.  Desperate?  No, maybe a little. Pleading? But the Ice princess never begs. Hopeful? Definitely. I stayed hidden to where I’m standing waiting for a name, a hint, a clue as to who she was pertaining to. Not thinking at all if it will break me into pieces. I needed to know who her heart longed for. Whoever is making my princess suffer.  I stand there waiting to be broken..

“Do you think Yuri will figure it out?” Tiffany asked.

“Of course. We’ve been giving her hints for weeks now.”

“God Jessie, I hope this wishing on shooting stars work..”

“It will Tiff, don’t worry.”

So I stand there broken into innumerable pieces. I was hoping, yes a part of me was, that I’d hear my name instead of Yuri’s, but the inconceivable truth was spoken. And all that’s left were two hopeful soshi members on the balcony of our dorm and the pieces of my heart lying on the cold floor.

* end of flashback*

 

--

“SooYoung-ah.”

“It’s okay Yul. I never expected her to fall for me.”

“Hey don't say that.”

”Okay. A part of me was hoping she will.”

“Are you sure you heard it right? Maybe you were dreaming or sleepwalking.”

“I don’t sleepwalk Taeyeon does.”

“Maybe this is just a misunderstanding.”

“I heard it clearly, don’t worry too much.  I’ll be fine.”

“Maybe you should tell her still. Ease the burden?”

“And risk more than a decade long of friendship when I know she can never be mine? No way. I’d rather keep this one –sided love to myself than lose her even as a friend.”

“But..”

“It’s okay Yul, I’ll live.”

 

--

 

“Waiting for shooting stars again?”

“Eeeekkk!” Jessica screamed and hit me in the head.

“Oww. That hurts. “ I said while rubbing the part where she hit me. She is one strong woman.

“Then don’t go sneaking on people like that. You know me, I hate it when people do that.”

“Okay, my fault. I won’t do it again.” I said while still holding my head.

“It still hurts?”

“Yes it does.” I said while pouting.

“I must have hit you that hard huh? Come here.” She opened up her arms and let me in her sweet embrace.

“Sorry SooYoungie.” She said as she massaged the part where I was hit and kissed me on the cheeks.

“It’s 3 am Sica, shouldn’t you be asleep?” I said as I left her arms and walked near the balcony.

“I can’t sleep, and Tiff is so dead tired she won’t budge.”

“I’ll get you some milk.”

“No thanks, but why are you awake?”

“Well I suddenly woke up and found out you’re not in bed so I thought I’d check on you.”

“Ahh, so you can’t sleep without me?” Sica teased.

“Heh..Not really. I thought you were cheating on me.” I played along.

“ I would never. Don’t worry too much.”

“Good to know that.”

“But since you’re here, why don’t you join me for a while.”

“Okay.”

She smiled and looked up at the sky. I can’t help but be mesmerized by the beauty  in front of me. She sighs every now and then, and the way her eyebrows crease is so cute. Yes, I have memorized even the smallest details about her.  I can watch her all night long. Just sitting here, watching her, being together.  At times like this, I feel like I’m falling even more in love with her.

“Sica-yah.”

“Hmmnn?”

“Why are you waiting for shooting stars?”

“To make a wish of course.”

“I don’t believe in shooting stars, not anymore.”

“Why though?”

“I never get what I wished for.”
“Ahh, so you have wished on stars too..”

“I think I have wished over a million shooting stars already and my wish wasn’t granted, so why believe in them?” I said as I look at the far horizon.

“Hope. That in due time all your heart’s desire will be granted. What did you wish for anyway?”

YOU. Only You. “Umm..it doesn’t matter, I won’t have it anyway.”

“Maybe you just have to wait a little longer.”

“Trust me, I’ve waited too long..” but I can wait forever just to have you..

She stood up and hugged me from behind her chin placed just above my shoulder.

“You wouldn’t wait too long if it’s not that special right SooYoungie?” she whispered near the crook of my neck.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“Then it’s worth the wait. No matter how long it takes.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

short and late update T__T

and thanks for subscribing! ^^

- iheartyoungie