What is Love?

NICHKHUN and YOONA oneshot collection

WHAT IS LOVE?

Love? It’s just a series of chemical reaction; it doesn’t even come from the heart. It’s all in the brain, in your hypothalamus to be exact.

Happiness? It’s not because of a reason and of a person rather just your neurotransmitters.

And the succeeding words that relate to them like forever, destiny, eternity, fate among others-these are all just man-made illusions; made by romanticists or even delusional beings.

So why am I writing this? I’m not a hopeless romantic, neither a hater of fairy tales. I am just a person aiming to eradicate the wrong notion of love.

Disney movies and all other movies about ‘love’ give us wrong signal about love. Even writers, so if you die, that signifies love? Romeo and Juliet are foolish people. Cinderella is impossible; you are telling me she’s the only one in the kingdom with that shoe-size?  Don’t get me even started with Snow White, can she just let those dwarves kiss her? And there’s no fault in our stars? It’s making the lead Augustus die, that is the real problem. What’s about pain and it being demanding to be felt? I just don’t understand, and there’s this one person who is forcing me to understand all these things. He just gave me a good list.

First on the list

1. LOVE IS STUBBORN

“Mr. Horvejkul, I told you I won’t go with you on that stupid play!”

“What? Are you afraid you’ll change your views about love when we get to watch Romeo and Juliet?”

“That’s a yes and no. I’m afraid I’ll see love more foolish and more idiotic than before”

“Oh come on don’t be so stubborn”

“I am not stubborn, it’s you, you are nothing but a stubborn being”

2. LOVE IS MUTUAL

“Aren’t you gonna help me carry these books, miss love-hater?”

“No, and I’m not a love hater, I told you I just don’t care about love and it is a foolish an-“

“Bla bla bla, shut up if you’re not gonna help. I hate you but-”

“The feeling is mutual”

“Oh really I was gonna say at the same time I like you, so the feeling is mutual then?”

3. LOVE IS DRUNK AND AT THE SAME TIME SOBER

“Why I’m annoyed? You’re disturbing me, isn’t obvious? Tell me what you need now or I’m gonna cut this call”

“Yoona, Miss Im, Im Yoona, Arent you glad I called you?”

“Mr. Horvejkul, who in the right mind will call a person this time? It’s already past midnight and you’re drunk!”

“I’m not drunk, tipsy is the right term, I can still speak straight can’t you see?”

“No I cant, duh we’re on phone. Tell me what you need, and yes oh yes you’re drunk, the tipsy nor sober Nichkhun would not call me this late”

“Yeah I’m drunk, I admit. Seriously? Don’t you find drunk calls cute? You’re the person they think even they’re drunk!”

“What kind of thinking is that? Drunk people are annoying”

“One more thing, the sober me will still call you this late. That’s who I am, only to you”

4. LOVE IS SICK, IN A GOOD WAY

“Why do you girls feel so jealous all the time?”

“Nichkhun, first thing’s first I don’t care about jealousy and all that sh!t, I don’t even know how that is!”

“Ooooh, no cursing please. And you have never felt jealousy your entire life? You are impossible”

“That is possible, don’t you remember I don’t care a thing about love. But why are you asking me that?”

“Ah, it’s just my stupid brother and his overly attached girlfriend, I’m so sick of them”

“You should be, and I’m also inviting you to be sick of love, come to the dark side young man!”

“Sick! Why would I be sick of love? Love is healthy when you’re in right terms!”

“The word ‘love’ doesn’t even sound right and healthy in the first place!”

“But being sick with you Miss Im, just sounds so right. How about let’s be sick together?”

5. LOVE HURTS

“Pain demands to be felt”

“Don’t start annoying my day with a line from a movie Mr. Horvejkul”

“Oh come on; just tell me to stop giving you butterflies in your stomach”

“How about try being a comedian? You’re hella funny!”

“You think I should? Oh wait someone is calling me”

“Huh?”

“Oh just another girl from my Financial Management class, she’s asking me if I could go out with her. What do you think?”

“Do what you want”

That scenario just happened, and I walk out. After reading all the reasons, I felt something different. I’m afraid this is the called love. After my 20 plus years of existence this is the first time that my views about love faltered. Why do I feel so comfortable arguing with him who is the more stubborn one? (1. LOVE IS STUBBORN)  When he told me likes me and the feeling is mutual, why didn’t I shrieked and why did I almost agree with him? (2. LOVE IS MUTUAL) When he was drunk and called me and why did I feel happy that I was the one who he called? The one who crossed his mind whenever he is drunk? (3. LOVE IS DRUNK AND AT THE SAME TIME SOBER) Why the word ‘together’ sounds right when he says that in front of me? Why do I feel like being love sick together is better than being distant or away from one another? (4. LOVE IS SICK, IN A GOOD WAY) And last but not the least, what is this unfamiliar pain when he said there's this another girl chasing after him? Why in the first time in the history I hated the concept “Pain demands to be felt” It hurts like eff, I do not know anymore. What have you done to me, Nichkhun Horvejkul? (5. LOVE HURTS)

“And you know what’s the last thing in the list” I suddenly felt someone hugged me from behind. Surprisingly, I did not flinch. I did not throw his arms away? Why? I also don’t know the reason.

“Love is being with the right person” And he let me face him, his eyes got this ability to drown you in. His brows, it just gave him that suave look. His thin lips, the lips you wanna kiss. His whole face, it makes you drunk.

“I waited for a long time for this day, for you to realize that love can be those fairy tales, but what’s the hardest thing for me to do is to prove that love is me and you”

“Im Yoona, I don’t care if you don’t like fairy tales but just love this love story between the two of us, and I’ll be the happiest man”

“I-“ before saying what I want to say, his lips met mine, this is the best feeling ever. I realized, love is not really any of those movies but the meaning of love depends on the person you met, and in my case, love is Nichkhun Horvejkul.

***

A/N: Hi!!!! Here's another chapter, I felt the need to update just to satisfy my KHUNA needs. Anyway, enjoy this one readers. Hope this is okay for now.