When He Tries to Win Your Heart and Asks You to Be his Girlfriend (Part 1)

Block B Scenarios

requested by 2 or 3 different anons (tumblr)

Zico:

“For our next song, we’d like to have a volunteer to come up here!” Kyung yelled, and the crowd went wild. You held up your fan-sign and screamed with the rest of them, desperately wanting to be chosen. The seven members walked along the stage, looking into the audience to try and find someone. You saw Zico walking your way, and you shook your sign. Zico was your ultimate bias, and you really wanted him to pick you.

“Yah, Kyung-hyung. I’ve found my girl!” Zico walked over and took your hand. Blushing madly, he helped you up on stage while the others in the audience screamed.

They performed ‘U Hoo Hoo,’ and you were blushing the entire time. At the end of the performance, he kissed you on the cheek.

“Stay after the concert, please,” he whispered, covering up the microphone so the audience couldn’t hear. You nodded, and he helped you offstage.

After the concert, a man in a suit approached you. “Jiho-shi asked me to get you,” he said, by means of introduction. You followed the man backstage, only to hear two voices arguing.

“Yah! Jihoon, give me back my kitty! GIVE IT BACK!”

“ANIYOOOO, it’s so awkward to have this kind of stuff around girls, I gotta hide it, hyung!”

Only one person in Block B had a voice that deep, so you assumed that the second person was P.O. But whose kitty…?

The door opened, only to find P.O holding up a Hello Kitty plush, and… Zico?

“It’s not what it looks like.”

Those were the first words out of his mouth the moment he saw you. You raised an eyebrow. “Um… Zico-oppa, what is it supposed to look like?”

He breathed a sigh of relief. “Okay then, never mind. Go away, maknae.”

P.O sighed dramatically. “Farewell, hyung! May we meet again! And I hope to see you again soon!” he winked at you as he walked out.

“Err… just sit on the couch or something?” Zico mumbled, running a hand through his hair. You took a seat, and leaned back on the arm of the sofa awkwardly.

“Um. So you go to Dongah Institution right? I’ve seen you around a few times, you’re architecture major. I’ve seen lots of your works on display, and I really admire you. I hadn’t gotten the chance to meet you before, so I decided to take advantage of this…” He bit his lip. “What I’m trying to get at here, is would you maybe be interested in going out with me or something? I know you don’t really know me, but would you be willing to give it a shot?”

You thought for a moment, then nodded. “Sure, I would love to get to know you better. But one question first.”

He looked incredibly relieved. “Sure, what’s your question?”

“Whose Hello Kitty was that?”

Kyung:

“Hey! HEY!”

You felt two sharp jabs to your ribs, and you turned to glare at your best friend. “Yah, Park Kyung, if I wanted to talk to you, I would. What do you want?”

“Well, I want many things in life, but right now I have a question. If you were to be asked out, how would you like it to be done?”

You raised an eyebrow at him. “Kyung, are you telling me that you plan on asking a girl out?”

“Noooo, I just wanted to know,” he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes at you. “Now tell me.”

“Tell me who the girl is first!”

“No!”

This went on for around ten minutes before he sighed. “Fine. She’s gorgeous, I’ve known her forever, and she’s the only person I would ever ever wanna be with for the rest of my life. That’s all I’m gonna say. Now you tell me.”

You shrugged. You still wanted to know who she was, but when Kyung didn’t want to tell, he wouldn’t tell. “Fine. If I were to be asked out, I would want the guy to give me some kind of food, chocolate I guess, and not ask me out in public. I really, really don’t like that. It’s so awkward.”

Kyung nodded once. “Wait here for a sec, I need to get something.” He got up and walked to his kitchen, and you could hear some rummaging sounds. You took this opportunity to stretch out across the whole sofa. Kyung was usually SUCH a sofa hog…

“Hey, I’m back.” He handed you a small bowl, filled with chocolate chips. “Will you go out with me?”

“Park Kyung, you are the greasiest pabo I have ever met. But yes, I’ll go out with you.”

Jaehyo:

“Everyone, we have a new student here with us today,” your teacher announced as soon as everyone had settled down for homeroom. You lifted your head up from your arms and looked blearily at the front of the class. Usually you didn’t care to pay attention very much, but there was something about this new kid that piqued your interest.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Ahn Jaehyo. Please take care of me.” He introduced himself in the traditional manner, then stood back up straight and returned to surveying the class. His eyes locked on yours, and he smirked. Somehow, you found yourself unable to look away.

“Jaehyo-shi, I believe there is an open spot over there,” the teacher said, pointing to… the seat next to you.

“Alright, seongsaenim.” He took his seat next to you, and you put your head back down. You were really tired, having spent all your time last night studying for an upcoming exam.

“You really shouldn’t sleep during class, you know.” You looked up at him, only to see that he was even hotter up close. His light brown hair swept across his forehead in the most perfect of ways, and his eyes had a sort of burning intensity to them.

“Shut up. And you’re not supposed to have dyed hair.” You probably shouldn’t have been so sharp with him, but you were sleepy and just didn’t care.

He just smirked and turned his attention to the front of the class.

Over the next few weeks, you found yourself spending more and more time with Jaehyo. You ate lunch together, and he kept trying to walk home with you (you vehemently disagreed; the first time you agreed you saw him walking in the opposite direction after he had dropped you off). One day, he showed up at your locker after school.

“Would you—”

“No, you may not walk me home.”

He looked slightly offended. “No, I wasn’t intending on asking that, actually. I was wondering something else, and I would like an answer.”

“Alright then, ask your question.” He walked closer to you, and you could feel your heart beating faster as he approached. You would never admit it to anyone, but you had started liking him. You never said anything about it because you figured that he would, most likely, fall in with the ‘popular’ crowd due to his ulzzang looks.

“Would you like to go out with me? You’re the only girl here who has ever caught my eye, the only girl I have ever wanted to spend time with, the only girl who makes me feel like this.” He took your hand and pressed it to his chest, where you could feel his heart beating nearly as fast as yours. “Please tell me you feel the same way.”

U-Kwon:

“YAH! KIM YUKWON, GET YOUR BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!”

You shook flour out of your hair and ran to go try and find your ‘ex’-next-door neighbor. You had known Yukwon for the majority of your life, as the two of you had lived next to each other until he left to become an idol. He still snuck over sometimes if he felt like he needed a break.

“NO WAY! YOU HAFTA CATCH ME FIRST!” He stuck out his tongue at you.

“YUKWON, DON’T MAKE ME CALL YOUR MANAGER!”

He was by your side in a flash, a terrified expression on his face. “NO! Please, I’ll do anything for you not to call the manager!”

You stifled a laugh, and gave him a stern expression. “Alright then. First, you gotta clean up the flour bomb you made.”

He spent the rest of the day essentially being your personal slave. Washing your dishes, buying you food… he actually did it without complaint, which surprised you. Usually he complained to no end about things whenever you bossed him around.

“Yukwon, you don’t have to stay here anymore, your manager’s probably wondering where you are…” you called after you’d woken up from a nap.

You heard the sounds of a guitar coming from the living room, and Yukwon’s voice. He kept stopping every few moments and trying different words and chords, but the general meaning of the song was the same—it had to do with love that wasn’t returned.

You tiptoed down the hall, trying not to be seen or heard. Suddenly, you heard your name being sung among the lyrics. All thoughts of being fly like a ninja vanished, and you threw the door open.

“AHH!!!!!!!!!” He screamed, almost dropping his guitar. “I thought you were sleeping! Why are you here? Wait, this is your house. BUT WHY ARE YOU HERE??? YOU HEARD NOTHING!! I’M JUST GONNA GO NOW…”

“KIM YUKWON YOU ARE STAYING HERE UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHAT’S GOING ON! DON’T MAKE ME CALL THE MANAGER AND MAKE HIM MAKE YOU TELL ME!”

His usually ever-present smile disappeared into a scowl. “Um… you don’t need to know. I’ll be going now bye thanks for letting me hide here kay bye.” He ran past you out the door.

“This kid…” you grumbled, walking into the living room. Several papers were strewn about the floor, some crumpled into balls. You picked one up at random, and read it.

Baby, every time I look into your eyes
I feel like my smile shines that might brighter
Every time I’m around you
I feel like my life is so much lighter
Is it so hard to ask you this
Be my girl?

Your eyes widened. This was the song that Yukwon had been singing earlier. Did he really feel this way?

Taeil:

It all started with a fish.

Well, to be more specific, a dolphin.

You worked at the water park as a trainer and performer with the dolphins. You found it fun, therapeutic, and just awesome in general.

Your life took a turn for the better when your boss approached you one day, with a rather… interesting announcement.

“We’re going to be having an idol group come here for a reality show, and your exhibit will be featured in it. I need you to bring out the big guns for this, understand?”

You had spent the next few days reading up on the group, Block B they were called. You listened to a few of their songs, finding that you actually liked some of them despite the fact that you were more of a ballad person than a ‘hep-hap’ one.

The day finally came. You didn’t bother putting on any makeup, as the water would wash away anything in a heartbeat. You showed up in your skintight neoprene jumpsuit, and sat at the edge of the pool to wait for them.

“ANNYEONGHASEYO! WE’RE BLOCK B!”

They were an eclectic bunch, dressed in a mixture of t-shirts, jeans, dress shirts, basketball shorts, and… work boots…? Did they even have any idea what they were going to be doing?

You introduced yourself to them, and they all smiled. “Ahh, noona, you’re so pretty!” P.O exclaimed in his deep voice. You blushed a little. “Oh, kamsamnida!”

They changed into wetsuits, and you got down to work. Their mission of the day was to successfully feed the dolphins three fish. They split into two groups—since they were a seven-membered group, you went with the three-man group to even things out.

You surveyed the members; Zico, P.O, and Jaehyo. Zico seemed like he was responsible enough, being the leader and all, but his eyes immediately gave off a mischievous aura. P.O seemed more interested in trying to hit Zico with the fish, and Jaehyo seemed like the only one who would be able to get anything done.

“I know we’re going to win.” He smirked, pointing his thumb at the other team, who were all screwing off. “Taeil is in love with fish, he refuses to eat it too, so he’s just gonna hide. The rest of the team is useless; they can barely swim.”

True to Jaehyo’s prediction, you easily creamed the opposing team.

“Now, for your punishment, you have to admit something super embarrassing in front of the camera!” Zico whooped, spinning around in a circle.

U-Kwon admitted that he wore shoe inserts to boost his height, B-Bomb stayed silent before finally mumbling that he thought his head was bleeding the first time he washed his hair after dyeing it, Kyung yelled something unintelligible that everyone passed as embarrassing simply because it was Kyung, and Taeil…

“Annyeonghaseyo! It’s Lee Taeil here, who has to give an embarrassing fact to everyone because we lost to an unfair match—”

“Stop making weird faces!” the PD yelled at the winning team.

“—um, this might not exactly be embarrassing, but I think I’ve met my true love today! No, it’s not the fish!” He turned to you and immediately turned bright red. You felt your cheeks heating up in response. “Will you do me the honor of going on a date? I’ll go anywhere, except for fish places!”

B-Bomb:

“Still sure you don’t wanna back down?” Minhyuk raised his eyebrows at you, and smirked.

“No way!” You shook your head adamantly. You and Minhyuk were about to have the dance battle of your lives—the five hardest Dance Dance Revolution songs, back to back, on boss mode. The loser had to do the one dare that they would never dare do otherwise (which had been written down on sheets of paper and were being held hostage by the other members of Block B, who had all decided to dress up like secret agents and stand ‘boss-like’ by the TV and watch.) [idk anything much about ddr except the basic idea, so i’m sorry if i get anything technically wrong here]

The beats for ‘Fantastic Baby: 3x speed’ began to play, and you began to dan-dan-dan-dan-dance.

By the end of the fourth song (Psycho Nyan Cat), you both were sweating crazy. The scores were neck-and-neck, and you only had one song left to compete to.

Hatsune Miku began spazz-singing to ‘The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku,’ and you stepped frantically to the words.

It was the last 10 seconds of the song, and you were totally into it, focused like it was your lifeline. Every beat matched perfectly, feeling the music in every fiber of your being.

TIME!

The two of you stopped, breathing heavily. The numbers on the TV scrambled over and over, until the final scores displayed.

“WHAT?”

The two scores were identical, and you and Minhyuk both collapsed on the floor.

“Damn… all that, just for a tie,” Minhyuk panted, his chest rising and falling in rapid breaths.

You just shook your head and groaned. Well, at least you wouldn’t have to do the be—

“Since you guys tied, you both have to do the dares!” Kyung announced, absurdly happy.

“NO!” You both yelled. The members took no heed, and unfolded the papers.

“Minhyuk, your dare is…”

“Your dare is…”

“To ask the girl you like out!”

“To ask the guy you like out!”

You and Minhyuk locked eyes. You had chosen the same dares?

“Minhyuk-hyung, you go first!” P.O whined, fiddling with his sunglasses.

He took a deep breath. “Fine. Will you go out with me?” he asked you, looking down at the floor.

“Hey, stop asking out the floor! It’s not gonna love you back,” Taeil complained.

This time, he looked directly at you, eyes burning. “Will you go out with me?”

You let out a huge breath that you didn’t know you were holding. “Well, this makes things a lot easier. Will you go out with me?

P.O:

I know you’re probably sick of this, but I really do like you
I feel as though I can only say so much through letters, can I meet you today?
I will be at the English study room for two hours every day after school for a month. If you never show, I will consider myself rejected.

-O.P

You had been receiving mysterious letters, occasionally accompanied by small gifts, for around a month now. It all started on Valentine’s Day, when you found a box of chocolates and the first white envelope. Every day since, you had received one, always signed by ‘O.P.’

Now that you had the opportunity to meet the mystery man (well, you hoped they were male) in person, you decided to go.

After going to your locker and chatting with your friends for a bit, you walked to the English room. You peered through the small window in the door, but you couldn’t see anyone inside. You opened the door, and found one person sitting alone in the back. You recognized him, Jihoon, who was in the majority of your classes but you had never really spoken before.

You walked up to him, and gently poked his shoulder. “Excuse me? Jihoon-shi?”

He started at your touch, and looked up at you. “Who…? Ah, it’s you.” He seemed relieved that it wasn’t some teacher out to bust him. “I’m so glad you came.”

“Really?” you asked, sitting down next to him. “What exactly are you here for?”

He shrugged. “Oh, waiting for someone. You?”

You told him about ‘O.P’ and the letters that had been left behind in your locker every day. He listened with rapt interest, acting almost as if he already knew…

“I think I might actually be falling for him! I’ve never had a guy like me before, so I want to try this.”

“You’re in luck, then.” Jihoon reached into his bag next to him, and pulled out a white envelope. “Here.”

He got up and left, leaving you confused. No one else had come during the entire time, meaning that either ‘O.P’ didn’t come, or…

Hi, I’m sorry I’m such a coward
But I don’t know if I would be able to actually say this to your face.
I like you, a lot, and I wondered if you would want to be my girlfriend?

-Pyo Jihoon (O.P)