Daesung - Secret Crush

BIGBANG Scenarios

requested by nlopez35 (tumblr)

"Ohmygod, it's Daesung-oppa!"

"Did you get a picture? Did you? It's been so long since he actually came to school!"

You rolled your eyes at all the screaming fangirls, pushing your way past them and ignoring their indignant yells of protest to get to your locker. It was ridiculous, all this hype, just for one person?

This 'one person' just so happened to be Kang Daesung, vocalist of the ever-popular idol group BIGBANG. He'd been officially enrolled in Kyunghee University for three years already, but he rarely showed up due to his BIGBANG promotions. There were some periods of time where he'd come more consistently than others, but in general, his appearances were considered rare.

And apparently photo-worthy.

He waved to the fangirls, who all swooned and waved back, screaming his name. Luckily, the security guards had the sense to stand around him, protecting him from any girls who might try to go beyond normal fan adoration.

You finished getting your books and slammed your locker shut with a sigh, then headed off to homeroom.

~*~*~*~*~

“Daesung-oppa! Can I get a picture?”

You'd forgotten, unfortunately, that Daesung sat next to you in homeroom. It wasn't by choice, but by last name.

That meant that whenever Daesung made an appearance at school, your desk was covered in the overflow of gifts and other nonsense that people wanted to give him.

“Ne, no problem!”

Daesung just smiled that stupid, adorable smile of his and posed amicably with the girl, who did some sickening aegyo as she snapped the picture.

“Wahh, thanks so much!” She bowed to him and returned to her seat as the teacher arrived. Despite Daesung's celebrity status, the teacher demanded full attention from the students, of which you were quite grateful for.

“Ah, Daesung, I see you've decided to come to class today,” he joked.

“Ne, seonsaengnim,” Daesung replied good-naturedly.

“Alright then, we're going to start our math lesson now...”

~*~*~*~*~

Finally, the day was over. You hurried quickly to your locker to avoid the rush of fangirls in front of the school.

“Stupid celebrities,” you grumbled as you closed your locker.

“Eh? Did you say something?”

You turned around, only to find Daesung standing behind you.

“Ah, nothing, nothing. See you tomorrow.” You bowed slightly, then hurried off.

I hope he didn't hear me... you thought to yourself. Despite your outwardly cold attitude towards him, you secretly harbored a crush for him. You didn't like him because he was an idol, like all those other shallow girls. You liked him because he was sweet, polite, and had one of the most perfect smiles to ever grace the Earth.

But of course, you would keep your feelings to yourself. He probably liked one of his fangirls anyways, all cute and pretty.

~*~*~*~*~

To your surprise, he showed up at school the next day.

And the next.

And the day after.

He showed up at school for two consecutive weeks, which was a first. As far as you had ever remembered, the most was two days in a row, before he was whisked away for some sort of performance or recording.

You weren't prepared for this.

Each say he sat next to you, your heart pounded in your chest, so loud that it seemed to drown out the professors' lectures, and you wondered if Daesung could hear it as well.

Especially when he smiled at you. Those times were the worst. Your heart would alternately stop or seem to beat so fast that it seemed to be one long continuous beat.

Yah, pay attention!”

The teacher banged a ruler on the desk, bringing everyone back to attention.

We're going to have a group project. You will have to research one literary figure from the list I handed out.”

At the mention of 'group project,' every girl's head turned towards you and Daesung's desk. You just wanted to shrink under your seat and hide from their burning gazes.

To make things easier, you will be working with the person you are sitting next to.”

Oh yes. You really wanted to hide now.

Daesung turned to you, his ever-present smile on his face. “I look forward to working with you.”

Ah, me too.”

~*~*~*~*~

Where do you want to meet up to work on the project?”

Daesung had appeared at your locker, leaning against the door casually, like some sort of model advertising school uniforms.

Meet up?” you asked, looking at him strangely. “You're busy, aren't you? I'll just do it myself.” You shrugged. “Can you move, please? I need to get to my locker.”

But Daesung refused to budge, staring you down. “Seriously. I'm not going to just let you do all this yourself, it isn't fair to you.”

Yeah, yeah, whatever.” You rolled your eyes. “Give me your phone.”

He handed you his iPhone, which you took and punched your information into. “Here. My address is in there. I'm free any time this week.”

Okay. I'll be sure to come.”

Yeah, right. “I really do need to get to my locker, you know.”

Oh, yeah. See you later, okay?” He waved to you, then walked off.

Weirdo.

~*~*~*~*~

On Saturday afternoon, your doorbell rang.

Huh? I'm not expecting any company... You pulled open the door, and found a man with a cap pulled down low on his face standing on your welcome mat.

Who the hell are you?”

He lifted the brim of his cap off his face, and you immediately blushed. “Oh, mianhae. I didn't realize it was you, Daesung.”

You left the door open and returned to the living room. “I didn't expect that you would actually come.”

He scoffed. “I'm hurt. Do you actually think that low of me?”

You didn't reply, instead fishing out your laptop from your bag and turning it on. “I decided to pick William Shakespeare for the project, I hope you don't mind. I already started doing some research this week.” Actually, you'd already completed half the project, not that you were going to tell him that, It was a basic research project, so it was rather easy to complete.

How much of the project have you done?” he asked, taking a seat opposite you.

Huh? What're you talking about?” you asked, feigning innocence.

I know you probably already did at least a third of it. You're not the procrastinating type.”

Huh? How did you know that?” You stopped typing and looked up at him, eyebrows raised.

Ah... nothing. Carry on. What did you want me to do?”

Um... I got some books from the library, I haven't read these yet.” You pushed a small stack of books at him. “Just take notes of whatever you think is useful from here.

Alright, if you say so...”

The two of you worked in silence for a few hours, punctuated only by breathing, writing, typing, and pages being turned.

Ah!” you sighed, stretching your arms in the air. Your shoulders were tense from staying in the same position for so long, and you needed to relieve the tension.

Um... you might want to... um... put your arms down,” Daesung mumbled.

Eh?” You froze, are still raised. “Why?”

Well... your shirt is kind of short... and you're... um... wearingpinkpanties,” Daesung mumbled, his cheeks turning red.

YAH! You ert!”

I am NOT a ert!” he replied, scowling.

Psh, this would be internet gold. 'BIGBANG's Daesung is a ert,' I can see the headlines now.”

Ani, ani, don't do that!” He waved his hands around frantically. “That would be a horrible headline!”

You want to think of a better one?” you retorted, sticking your tongue out at him.

Yeah. 'BIGBANG's Daesung is in a relationship'.”

Huh?” Your eyes widened. “Who?”

Wait! No, that came out wrong!” He waved his hands around again, shaking his head.

No, you said it, you have to tell me! Is it Minzy? Maybe not a celebrity, maybe it's Soori, the girl who sits in front of you in class...”

It's you.”

WHAT?”

It's you. Don't make me repeat myself a third time.” He turned away, his whole face turning red, and you could feel yours doing the same.

Me? Why me? You have your pick of girls, why me?”

Because you're not like the other girls. You don't freak out over everything I do, or give me gifts and things I don't need and feel bad accepting. You don't treat me like anyone else. I like that about you. Also... you're really pretty.”

You're kidding,” you said, mind spinning.

He shook his head. “Nope. Never in a million years would I lie about that. But I know that you don't like me back, if your actions towards me are any indication of anything...”

No, no.” You blushed. “I... aigoo, this is so embarrassing to say!” You bit your lip, trying to figure out what to say. “I... really like you. I just didn't know how to show it.”

Really?” His face lit up with the broadest smile you had ever seen, his eyes crinkling up into small crescents. “You really mean it?”

You nodded, not trusting yourself to speak.

Thank you. Thanks so much!” He bounced a little bit in his seat, and it reminded you somewhat of a puppy.

You don't need to thank me,” you muttered, blushing as you stared down at the table.

Ah... I have to thank you somehow... well, I guess this might do.”

Huh? Wha—”

You didn't get to ask, as he leaned across the table and pressed his lips to yours, cutting off your speech. His lips were warm and soft, fitting perfectly with yours.

Eventually, he broke away, breathing heavily. “I hope you didn't mind.”

Nope. I don't mind.” You smiled. “I just want you to do that again.”

No problem.” He smiled, and leaned in once more, capturing your lips with his.