Just don't meet me

Dilemma?

 

You threw your body to the sofa after involved in a very tight schedule, your last day in Thailand was so hectic. CF shoot, fansign, interview, photo-shoot, etc. You felt like your body was ready to destruct itself into pieces.

And when you’re going to close your eyes, your phone rang.

“, it should be important. Or else I will…” You ended up cursing your caller when you knew that it’s Baekhyun. Baekhyun and Sehun were the only caller when you’re in Thailand, but you really couldn’t answer them and always felt guilty.

“Baekhyunie!”

“Hey, dear! Why never answer my calls?”

You smiled when you heard Baekhyun’s voice, it felt like it’s been so long.

“I’m sorry! I really couldn’t answer that, I was so busy. But you know what? It’s over already!”

“Really?? Waaah, congratulations! So you’ll back home soon, right?”

“Of course, next morning! Eh, by the way, I heard you vomited in backstage today. You okay?? I was so worry!”

“Hahaha, I’m okay. Don’t be so worry!”

“Hmm, but you should take a rest and drink medicines if you need it.”

Baekhyun laughed, “Okay-okay… Ehm, by the way, Sehunie is getting jealous… Kkk.”

“What?? Who does he think he is…”

You giggled silently, Sehun must have pouted at that time.

“Hey, he protested! He said that you’re so mean, hahaha.”

“Yah, Oh Sehun! I’m not mean!”

“Hahaha, hey, just have your own call with him, okay? I’m going to sleep now. See you tomorrow, dear!”

“Okay, see you!”

You smiled at your phone screen, you felt like your tiresome had already evaporized. Ever since you met Baekhyun, he always be the one who makes you laugh everytime you’re in a hard time.

When you’re ready to sleep (for real), your phone rang again, from Sehun.

“Hello, maknae.” You greeted him.

“Yah! Sooyeon, you’re so mean!”

“Maknae-ya! I’m not meaaaan!” You protested.

“Hehehe, hey, you’re so close with Baekhyun hyung. I’m jealous.”

“I’ve been close with him for 3 years and you’re just got jealous now? Why so late, Sehunie?” You chuckled.

“Sooyeon-ah, I like you…”

“H-huh? Are you kidding me?”

“No.” Even it’s just a word, but Sehun had convinced you that he’s not kidding.

“Sehun-ah, I really don’t know…”

“Come on, you didn’t figure it out at all? Or you just pretending right now?” Sehun chuckled, but you replied his chuckle with your cracky voice of guilt.

“Sehun-ah, I caught your protective acts towards me, but I thought it’s just a……”

“A……what? Sooyeon-ah. I really like you, I love you.” Sehun said, trying to convince you. You felt your tears were ready to roll down, you sobbed.

“Sehun-ah… Can’t you stop confessing?”

“No… I would confess it all day if you want.”

“No… Sehun-ah, please. I can’t reply it.” You sobbed harder.

“Why? Why you can’t? Can’t you try…” You heard Sehun’s voice started trembling.

“Don’t you figure it out? I’ve been considering you as my brother…”

Sehun snorted to cut your words off, “Classic reason.”

“And I’ve loved another guy for so long.”

You heard Sehun gasped, you continued your words.

“You must have known who the guy is…” You tried to be heard calm, but unfortunately you couldn’t control your sobs, making Sehun sad is the worst thing you’ve ever done.

“Baek…hyun?” Sehun said with a cracked voice, you just nodded.

“You really like him? Tell me you’re just kidding…”

“Sehun-ah, I’ve liked him since I first knew him. I’m sorry…”

“Don’t you know that I also have liked you since I first knew you?”

You just kept silent, and kept on holding your tears falling harder.

“I’m sorry, Sehun-ah…”

“No need to say sorry… Yeah, although it hurts.”

“Sehun…” And you finally cried so hard.

“Just… don’t meet me for a while. It hurts me so much, I think I can’t meet you for some moments…”

When you were going to answer, Sehun ended the call, made you fell on the ground and cried so hard in a great guilt. You have hurt Oh Sehun, a guy that you’ve been considering as your brother.

***

“Yah! Sooyeon, wake….. Hey! What happened to you? Why your eyes swollen? You didn’t sleep?” Your manager, Lee Jangwoo, asked panicky.

“Oppa… When will we get home?” You asked like you didn’t hear Jangwoo’s question.

He exhaled, “We gotta go to the airport now. But, are you sure you okay?

“I’m okay, oppa. I just cried last night but I’m not sick or whatsoever, okay? I’m going to change my clothes.” You got up lazily and walked toward the bathroom.

“Y-you cried?? What happened? Yah, don’t just change your clothes! At least wash your face, you look so terrible.”

You just gave him a thumb up before you closed the door.

You saw your horrible and terrible face with those swollen eyes. You cried for hours and sobbed in your sleep. You have never cried so badly like last night. You washed your face until you think you have looked better, and immediately change your clothes.

 

“You still look terrible. Fans are getting worry.” Jangwoo warned you when you have arrived at the airport.

You looked around, and yes, fans were looking at you with a worried face. You tried to smile to them naturally, and when some of them asked what happened to you, you answered that you’re okay with a smile.

“Sooyeon-ah, I think it will be better to just cover your face.” Jangwoo said while searching for something in his bag, and finally grabbed and handed a scarf to you. “Use this.”

You took it and used it until it covered your face, only your eyes showed.

“How?” You asked Jangwoo, but then he laughed silently. “Yah! Why do you laugh!”

Jangwoo just tapped your head and smiled, “Let’s go, our plane will take-off soon.”

---

Incheon, South Korea

“Oppa, can we go to EXO’s dorm now?” You begged right when you have entered your van.

“What? Don’t you want to have a rest?”

“I can sleep here, please, there’s something to be fixed.”

Jangwoo nodded, finally he knew what has made his artist’s eyes swollen. He looked at you and gave you thumb up.

“You have to sleep now until we arrive, promise?”

“Promise! Thank you, oppa!” You smiled and immediately closed your eyes.

“Remember, I know it when you’re really sleeping or just pretending.”

“I know, I know. Oppa, be silent! How can I sleep if oppa keep on talking?”

Jangwoo lifted his hand and nodded, “Okay-okay, I’m done…” and then he giggled.