Happy New Year!

You Are My Destiny
Please log in to read the full chapter

Krystal’s POV

“I’m sorry Sulli, I’m gonna be with Amber later. I’m so sorry. Maybe next time.” Then I hang up the phone.

I don’t know, was I so dumb to turn her down? It was really a time for us to spend together again. Hmm. But still, Amber asked me first. And she as my girlfriend, she should be my first priority. And also I don’t want her to get worried again over Sulli. I just gotta do the right thing I guess. 

Flashback...

“Ssul, are you really not going? This is going to be my last stay here in Korea for this summer. I’ll be gone for a couple of months, we’re headed to California tomorrow.”
“I really can’t, Jjung. Sorry~ I have some things to handle right now. Let’s just email each other this vacation and see each other next semester. But, I can go with you to the airport tomorrow... So we could say our goodbyes. What time is your flight tomorrow?”
“Oh... I see. I’m sorry for disturbing you. It’s okay, you don’t have to go tomorrow. Maybe that’s a lot important. Goodnight ^^”

End of flashback..


And also... I don’t want Sulli to be remembering that last day again and ask me what was the reason why ever since that day ended I never emailed her or when we came back to Korea, I never visited nor talked to her. She also didn’t hesitate to ask before, but maybe... I don’t know! I just don’t want her to know what I feel for her. It’s not right. She doesn’t have feelings for me anyway, what am I expecting?! Sulli Choi, you are one funny girl! You let me fall in love for you that easy. How dumb of me. I want to forget about you completely!

“Soojung-ah! Come down. Amber and Minho are here!” My mom called me.
“Neh~” I went down.
“Oh? Oppa, why are you here? Oh right. You wanna see Yoona unnie? Well, she doesn’t want to see you. So just don’t bother her.”
“Don’t worry. I’m just going to give her something.” He smirked at me.
“If it’s food, don’t forget to give me some too, arasseo?” I laughed at him.
“So, Krystal... Let’s go?” Amber took my hand.
“Mom, we’ll get going.” I kissed my mom on the cheeks.
“Okay, go home early by 7.” My mom looked at Amber.
“Yes, Mrs. Jung” She bowed to my mom.

“So... Where do you want to go?” She asked me as her eyes are fixed on the road.
“I don’t know. You’re the one who wanted to meet, right? So it’s still up to you.” I said.
5 minutes passed, it was just really awkward. None of us talked. So to break the awkward atmosphere. “Amber...”
“Yes, Krys?”
“Where are we going exactly?”
“You’ll know when we get there.”

“We’re here.”
“Why the Han River?”
“My mom and dad went to Korea before. Before they were married. My dad took my mom here, right here in Han River. Then he proposed. I just like this place. After mom passed away, dad would always go here to visit, I guess that was also a reason to move in here in Korea. I guess they really loved each other. Sometimes I do envy them.” She looked at me laughing. “Krystal, I want us to be with each other forever.” She held my face then kissed me.
“Amber...”
“I just love you, Krystal Jung. So please, just forget about her.”
“Amber... You know I’m trying. But I just can’t. I’m also trying to make this relationship strong. I’ll be ready, when I am.”


Sulli’s POV

Christmas day! First Christmas without Jjung. I should get use to this.
“Sulli, dear. Come down here. Your girlfriend’s already here.” Vic-umma called me.
“Yes, mom. I’ll be right down.” I said as I wore my coat. Then I headed downstairs.
“Hey, Jiyoung” I hugged her.
“Come stay for a bit. I prepared special rice cakes.” My mom said as she pulled Jiyoung’s hand. “Come sit here, and let’s talk about you and my daughter.” She said as she led Jiyoung to her seat. “Honey, call your dad and let’s eat.” She told me.
“Appa! Come on and eat!” I shouted.
“What do we have here? My favourite!” Khun-appa went down and hugged my mom from the back. “These are very special indeed.” Then he started sniffing and kissing mom’s neck.
“Dad, please! We’re still here. And that’s just gross!” I said as I slicked my tongue out.
“It’s okay, Ssul. That just shows how much your mom and dad love each other.” Jiyoung exclaimed.
“At least someone understands.” Dad with his childish voice.
“Let’s just eat. You’re really a choding, yeobo!” She pinched dad’s cheeks.
“Let’s eat!” Dad said.

“Thank you for the nice meal, Mr. & Mrs. Choi.” Jiyoung as she bowed to my parents.
“You don’t have to call us that!” She laughed. “You can just comfortably call us mom and dad, you’ve been together for almost a year now. So we won’t bother you calling us that.” Mom said as she patted Jiyoung’s shoulder. “Okay?”
“Ahh. Yes, Mrs—Mom” She smiled widely at my mom.
“Ok, mom, dad. We gotta get going. Merry Christmas to you! I’ll be home later tonight.” I said as I hug them both.
“Have a great time you two.” She kissed our foreheads.
“Yeah, coz I and your mom are going to have a great time tonight.” He grinned at me.
“You’re just so disgusting dad!” I punched his right hand. “Ok, we gotta go. Bye!”
“Get in.” I opened the door of the car for Jiyoung.
“Thank you.” She said.
I laughed as I entered the car.
“Why are you laughing?”
“You were totally different today! What’s with the silent virtue?” I said as I was still laughing.
“Huh? Duhh! You silly, of course it’s my first time eating together with them as your girl friend. And since we were kids, I never much visited your home, right? I’m not that close to them.”
I just laughed. “Still, I find it funny!” I laughed as hard as I can.
“Stop it!” She used her hand to cover my mouth.
“Okay, okay. I’m gonna drive now.” I laughed.
“Uhm, Ssul?”
“Yes?”
“Shouldn’t we be doing those goofy stuffs, your dad did? I mean. We’ve been together for already 10 months now. Yet, I feel like we’re not.”
I sighed. “I’m sorry.” I held her left hand. “I’ll try my best to make this relationship strong.” I smiled at her.
“It’s Christmas. Let’s just be us, just us. Can we?” She looked at me with a smile.
I just nodded.

We bought many things. We also bought presents for our friends and our favourite teachers. Keke. We went to an amusement park, we rode different kind of rides. We watched a movie, went to a restaurant to eat, etc. I really had a great night with her. For some time, I was just thinking of us, not Soojung, just Jiyoung and me. I

Please log in to read the full chapter