Chapter 6

No Mercy

 

You weren't shocked. Actually, you were expecting this. Right after the fight, you knew that both of them would confess with you, and you weren't surprised at all when he was at the door.

The only problem was, to respond to his confession. You nodded silently, biting your lips.

Himchan frowned, and threw his hands up in the air. "Oh I knew it. You like Jongup don't you?"  Himchan started to get up, but you pulled him back down by his arm.

"N-no!" You protested and pushed your hands in front of yourself, hitting him on the chest. "I...I like you too!" You bit your lip hard, and started to taste blood, as you held your breath.

Silence filled the room as you stared at the floor, and Himchan stared at you. You pulled away your hands from Himchan's chest, and fiddled with your fingers awkwardly, wondering what would happen next. You looked up, and found Himchan surprisingly inches from your face. You stared at Himchan nervously, your heart beating fast, and butterflies arising in your stomach. It was only the first week of school, and you were already falling for him. He blinked, and you knew after this nothing would be the same in school. He leaned closer, and closer, until there was no gap between both of you, as your lips met.

The second he touched you, there were fireworks in your head, there was like some kind of spark that set off a bomb and lit up your mouth. The time was sweet and passionate, as butterflies started to zoom around your stomach, turning your arms and legs to jelly. He pulled away slowly, and you could see his soft face had turned red, as he panted heavily.

"D-did I...was I too rough?" Himchan blinked, and leaned away from you. "I'm sorry, I'm rushing aren't I..."

"No...you weren't rough actually." You were surprised you found yourself saying this, and your lips, tasting a peach balm. "You...just- can we just take things slow? I'm not ready for this yet..."

Himchan nodded, and got up from the couch. "So...then..we're a couple?"

You nodded, blushing a bit. Himchan lightly laughed, and pecked you on the cheek. "You remind me of something....oh yeah! A riceball." Himchan smiled, before leaving out the dorm door. You sighed, and sunk in the couch, obviously tired out by the tiny kiss.

"Well, that was unexpected." You looked to the side, and flinched as you saw Haylin smirking.

"Y-you saw everything?" You blushed, embarrassed.

"Just the good parts." Haylin winked at you and you covered your face in embarrassment. "That was pretty good, for a first timer."

You sighed heavily. "It's not that, I keep thinking that this is some kind of trick the whole group's playing on me...suddenly, they're all after me, like hungry lions chasing a antelope."

"Actually, you've been on my radar as well." Haylin confessed, and you hit your head in confusion. "Really ~~~~-ah, you were the only person who roamed the hallways, alone. You were the only person who had straight A's for four years. You were the only person who ate alone. You've been on everyone's radar, ~~~~." You blinked in surprise as Haylin started to ramble. "Seriously, to be quite honest, I think the person who noticed you first was Junhee. She started to gush about you when you won the grade-topper award."

You scrunched up your face in confusion, still unsure what Haylin was trying to say. "What are you trying to say? That I stand out of the crowd?"

"Well- I....I mean- Uh...well you do fit into the crowd and you don't as well. Look ~~~~-ah, you're one of a kind. Why do you think so many people are suddenly after you? Because you're smart, pretty, cute, and what everyone wants!" Haylin held your shoulders, and shook them. You widened your eyes, and shook your head.

"No! I don't want this! I never asked for this...!" You sputtered, and pushed Haylin away from yourself. "I don't want to be noticed! I...I don't want to get hurt...all over again...." You felt tears ready to burst out of your eyes, as you blinked and tried to forget about your past.

Haylin stared in surprise at you, before she put on a sympathetic look. "Is it something with your...past? Before...you came to this school?"

You stared at your palms in silence, before touching a scar on your hand. It wasn't noticeable, but that was only because it took years to heal. You winced, as you tenderly touched the stitch marks. Haylin moved her eyes from your face to your hand and let out a tiny gasp.

"It's a long story." You mumbled, and rubbed your hands together. "It ended up very badly though. I had to stay in bed for a week, because of my injuries."

Haylin looked away from your hand, and looked at the ceiling for a second, before taking a deep breath. "How bad was it?"

You frowned. "Bad. Very bad. So bad that I couldn't go to school for a week." You paused for a second, and continued. "It involved my mom, my brother, and my....my father."

Haylin bit her lip, and could tell by the way you were talking, you didn't want to talk about what had happened.

You looked at the carpet awkwardly, before getting up from the couch. "I'm just...going to take a little walk to clear my mind." Haylin didn't say a word, staring at you as you grabbed your jacket and headed out the door.

...............................

idk guys i think I'm crazy OTL. BUT BACK TO THE STORY, you'll probably be having a flashback soon, which will clear up why you're so closed in.

-kimchi

 

 

 

ps. i love how gabby just spazzs on her own story u___u gabby will be gabby.