Chapter 2

No Mercy

 

Jongup looked from side to side, before whispering in your ear. "You could always join us...."

"And can I say that that there are two separate dorm areas, one for males, and one for females. As the principal said, there is absolutely no hanky-panky allowed in this school, if you know what I mean." Ms.Cho winked at one of the students, and the whole class broke into laughter.

"Dammit." Jongup mumbled, and sunk in his seat. "Do you want me to help you find someone you can room with?"

"That would be nice." You agreed, and thought about it for a while. *Wait...Jongup has friends that are girls?*"You have friends that are girls? But I thought all of the girls-"

"Were my fangirls? There are some sensible girls that are better than that. I know someone who's really close to Daehyun, and she's probably going to be at our table today. Say, wanna join us at lunch?"whispered Jongup, as the teacher continued to drone on about safety in the lab.

"Sure, why not?" You whispered back ,hoping the teacher wouldn't notice. "I'll come right after-"

"Kim!" Ms.Cho smacked a ruler on her desk, and you flinched. *Caught...!* Himchan still continued to sleep off, his snores reducing to a soft drool as he leaned back in his chair. "Kim Himchan, are you sleeping?"

Relief washed over you as you realized you weren't the one in trouble. The whole class turned around to look at Himchan, as he drooled. You were surprised that he didn't wake up, and shook his shoulder. "Yah! Himchan, wake up!" You hissed, as the class watched with amusement.

"W-wha?" Himchan jolted up once again, hitting his knee on the bottom of the desk. "Ah..." He bit his lip as he realized what the situation was.

"Well, Himchan, what do you have to say for yourself?" Ms.Cho crossed her arms, waiting for her student's answer, as the class stared back at Himchan. Jongup sighed, shaking his head in annoyance. "It's a miracle you've still been achieving straight A's..."

"Well, miss...can we say that your lecture was so overwhelming that I was closing my eyes and taking all your brilliance in?" Himchan beamed at his teacher, hoping that she would take the excuse on the first day. The whole class cracked up, and Ms.Cho even stifled a laugh. Jongup rolled his eyes again, and just chuckled. You had to admit, he was pretty funny and you even found yourself quietly giggling.

"Okay Mr.Kim, I'll excuse you for today and I'll try not to sound too brilliant." She smirked, and started to hand out a package to each of the students in the class. "This package is something that will take our class time to do, and you will have to complete some for homework too, day by day. Please take this seriously, as this will count for your midterm mark." She stopped at your row, and glared at Himchan. "This counts for  you too,  Mr.Kim."

"Yes miss." Himchan saluted, and put on a straight face. The whole class cracked up once again, and Ms.Cho just shook her head.

"Monsieur KIM." smirked Jongup and leaned back in his chair. "Stop kissing up to the teacher."

"Oh shut up Moonface." Himchan mimicked Jongup, and stuck out his arms, flexing his muscles. You giggled softly, as Jongup rolled his eyes again. "OH my GOD, I'm Moon Jongup, the cooolest dancer evar! I attracted every girl in this school, and I'm so in love with a girl that doesn't even know about my existence!" You smirked, and looked at Jongup, who's face looked like it was burning up.

"S-shut up!" Jongup gritted his teeth, and made a face at Himchan, who returned it with a huge guffaw.

Before Jongup could react, the bell rang. Everyone got up, and moved on from the classroom.

"See you all tomorrow!" Ms.Cho straightened her papers, and sat at her desk, ready for the next class.

..............................................................................

It was soon lunch, and as you lined up in the cafeteria for your lunch, you looked around for Jongup. *Where's Jongup...?*

"Hey, you're ~~~~ right?" You turned around, and found a pretty girl smiling at you pleasantly. You nodded, wondering where she came from. "Hi, I'm Lee Junhee, but most people call me Jun. It's nice to meet you."

"O-oh, it's nice to meet you too. How do you know me?" You squinted at her in confusion, wondering who told her about you.

"Jongup of course!" She giggled, like it was totally obvious. "Oh, why are you waiting in line? Come on, I'll take you to the front." With that, Junhee dragged you to the front, and parted in front of the line, picking a salad, a slice of pizza, a pop can, and pudding for you.  "There we go!"

You watched in silence as she paid for your lunch. *Why is she doing this for me...?* "Um...why are you doing this for me?"

"I dunno, I just feel like it." She smiled, and took your hand, leading you to a table surrounded with Jongup, Himchan and four other guys. "Guys, this is  Kim ~~~~."

"Oh, you're the famous ~~~~." one of the guys smirked, as he popped a cherry tomato in his mouth, his blonde hair streaked with blue. "I'm Choi Junhong, but just call me Zelo."

"Don't act so cocky Zelo, you're still a sophomore." Another guy picked at his pizza, removing all the olives. "Hi, I'm Jung Daehyun, but you can call me-"

"You can call him pabo." Junhee stuck her tongue out at Daehyun, as he glared at her. "Because he is one."

"Make sure to call her Juicy." Daehyun smirked, and received a playful smack from Junhee. "Yah!"

"Don't call me that!" Junhee blushed, and pretended to be mad at Daehyun. "You know how much I hate it when people call me that."

"Actually, it's only Daehyun that calls you that." Another guy stated the obvious, and waved to you, his hair a mix of black and pink. "Yoo Youngjae."

"Oh thank you Captain Obvious." The last one rolled his eyes, and smiled at you, his hair black like Himchan's. "Name's Bang Yong Guk, but you can just call me Guk."

"Guy's...don't be too hard on the new girl." Jongup moved over from Himchan, so that you could sit between them. You sat quietly, and watched as Junhee slipped next to Daehyun. "Don't worry about them, they're always like this."

"Says the guy who's a ladies' man." Himchan spat, poking a fork of noodles into his mouth.

"It's not my fault they keep coming at me!" protested Jongup, a little ticked off his friend was trying to pick a fight with him. "If I could stop them, I would, believe me!"

"Speak of the devil, here they come." Daehyun snickered, as a group of giggling girls walked slowly to the table. You poked at your salad, hoping it would disappear, because you didn't like vegetables from the cafeteria.

"Jongup-oppa, can you do me a favor?" One of the girls stepped forward, giggling as she said the sentence.

"Sure..." Jongup smiled sweetly, as he put on his playboy face. "What is it?"

"Well...I was wondering if you wanted to go for coffee once?" The girl blushed, as her legs shook with anticipation. Jongup gagged to himself, as he raised one of his eyebrows. The whole table watched with amusement, wondering what his response would be.

"What's your name?" Jongup pursed his lips, as he asked the question, and the girl blushed a little more, the girls behind her tittering softly.

"P-park Yunhee." The girl stuttered, and Jongup choked a little, as he straightened up his back.

"Well, uh...Yunhee...when do you want to go?" asked Jongup, as Zelo and Himchan stifled a laugh. Daehyun and Junhee watched with amusement as they watched, with Yongguk just shaking his head.

"I was thinking....today? Like right after school?" Yunhee bit her tongue, hoping Jongup would accept the offer.

"S-sure. I'll meet you in front of the school, okay?" Jongup did his famous eye smile, and Yunhee melted, bowing to Jongup with a thank you, before she left the table with the other girls, high-fiving them.

"OOOKAAAY JONGUPP." Himchan couldn't stifle his laughter anymore, and burst out laughing, hitting his fist on the table. Zelo popped another cherry tomato in his mouth, smirking at his hyung. Yongguk just shook his head again, as Youngjae leaned back in his chair, laughing his off.

"It's not a date. She just wants to go for coffee, what's the harm?" Jongup frowned, humor disappeared from his face. You patted his back in sympathy.

"It's okay Jong. I wish you good luck." you teased. You knew Yunhee, she would probably be telling the whole school by now about her date with one of the 'hottest guys' in the school.

"She's going to tell the whole school you know." Daehyun warned, his arm wrapping around Junhee's shoulders. "It's going to be all around the school."

"Don't you like someone else Jong?" Youngjae squinted, as he drank his pop. "Some girl that starts with a-" Youngjae couldn't finish, as Jongup glared at him with arrows. "Okay okay, calm yourself, I won't say her name."

"That's right Jong. You shouldn't let your relationship with Yunhee get over the top." Yongguk lectured, as he chewed his gum. "You should focus more on the girl you like."

"Who do you like?" you blurted out, and covered your mouth. "I-i'm sorry, I shouldn't  be asking that..."

"It's okay, you couldn't help it." Jongup sighed, as he picked at his burger. "She doesn't know about my existence anyways."Besides, there is no relationship between Yunhee and I, and there never will be."

"Well hey, ~~~~, I forgot to ask you if you wanted to join our dorm group? We need one more person anyways. The room is pretty big for four people, the principal assigned my room a little earlier." Junhee took your hand, and pretended to it. "There's me, my two friends Pyo Minyu and Chan-Kim Haylin. You'll join us...right?"

"Yeah, let's go see our room right after lunch?" you agreed, as you slipped your hand out of Junhee's grasp, and rubbed your own hand awkwardly.

"Then it's settled." Junhee stuck a thumbs-up, as she poked a forkful of pizza into Daehyun's mouth. "Right after lunch okay?"

You nodded, as you bit your pepperoni pizza, wondering how Junhee knew your favorite kind of pizza.

............................................