Chapter 4

No Mercy

 

You waited in front of the school with Junhee, as she texted on her phone.

"They'll be here in a few minutes. Apparently Jongup just came 15 minutes ago, something like Yunhee wouldn't let him go." Junhee smirked, and continued to text.

"I bet you're texting Daehyun aren't you?" you snickered, and Junhee blushed, admitting that she was.

A few minutes later, you saw six figures make your way towards you.

"Ah, you guys finally came! It's already 7:30!" Junhee jumped up, and ran in her flats towards Daehyun, hugging him around the neck. He laughed, and hugged her back.

"Wow, she only came for Daehyun."  Himchan made a disgusted face at the couple, who were holding hands . He looked at you, and you waved shyly at him. "Oh. Hi ~~~~-ah."

"W-wow ~~~~-ah, what did Junhee do to you?" Jongup's eyes widened, and blinked, realizing it was actually you and not someone else. You lightly shrugged, and put a playful smirk on your face.

"Well whatever it is, it totally changed you." Zelo winked at you, and Yongguk snorted, slapping Zelo on his back.

"Easy Ze, easy. You're a year younger than most of us, remember that." Yongguk patted Zelo, and pulled him back from you. Youngjae smiled at you sweetly, before giving you a hand.

"Let's go! The restaurant just called and said we're supposed to be there." You took Youngjae's hand and pulled yourself up with it, tiredly walking in your flats to the bus you guys were going to take to the restaurant.

......................................................

"Hello, I'm Luna, and I'll be your server for today. Would you guys like anything to drink?"

You guys were all at the restaurant, a place called Kate's Kitchen , which was a buffet-styled restaurant. The server had just come, and you sat between Junhee and Jongup, right in front of Himchan. Sometimes you caught Himchan looking at you again and again, but you thought it was just him blanking out.

"Yes, could we have some lychee-flavoured juice over here?" Yongguk smiled, and the waitress nodded, oblivious to the fact that Yongguk was a junior. She wrote down in her pad, and looked over to Himchan. "How about you sir?"

"Uh..I'd like uh...what he said." Himchan hiccupped, and rubbed his eyes again.

"I'd like a beer-" Zelo started, but Yongguk slapped his back again, making him choke on his wise words. "Uh I mean, I'll just take a root beer. Sorry."

"I'll stay sane, and take coke please." Jongup put down his menu, and rolled his eyes at Zelo. "Trying to act cocky again, huh maknae?" Zelo snorted, and stuck out his tongue at Jongup.

"I'll have water please." You said, because you didn't want to clog your system up with pop. Daehyun and Junhee ordered iced tea, and the waitress left with the orders.

"~~~~, look they have lemon chicken? Do you want to order some and share it?" Jongup smiled, and  pointed to a picture of lemon chicken. "I heard it's good."

"You've never tried it? Okay I'll share with you." You your lips, and tasted marshmallow lip gloss. Your stomach growled loudly, and Jongup laughed. You blushed, wishing he never heard it. The rest of the table didn't seem to hear it, you sighed with relief.  "Shut up Jong."

"It's cute." Jongup teased, and you blushed. He moved his hand to your stomach, and touched it softly, making you tingle. Himchan was oblivious to what was happening, and peered at the menu, drooling over the delicious food.

"So, what do you want to eat?" You blinked as Jongup scooted closer to you, and removed his hand from your abdomen, which stopped tingling. "I was thinking of lemon chicken, bangkok noodles, and maybe something-"

"Hey, I was going to order lemon chicken!"  Himchan pouted, and crossed his arms. You smiled to yourself at his aegyo. "Can I share too?"

Jongup glared at Himchan in silence, but Himchan was oblivious to what Jongup was trying to do. Himchan turned to you, and put on a puppy dog face. "Please ~~~~? PLEEEEASE?"

"Alright, you both can share, I'll just get the Chef's special." Jongup scowled, putting the menu down slowly.

"Hey Jun-" You turned to Junhee's side, only to find out she was gone, and so was Daehyun. "Hey where did-"

"They had to take care of 'things'...or so they say." Yongguk rolled his eyes, and sipped his lychee juice. "They're probably gone to fool around."

"Oh..." You mumbled. "They'll be back soon though...right?"

"Who cares, they're just fooling around somewhere or another. We're going to leave soon anyways, like maybe at 9, I have to finish my homework too." Youngjae picked at his sizzling chicken platter, and put one piece in his mouth.

"Oh..." you mumbled again, and fiddled with the chopsticks that were on your plate of noodles.

"Here's the lemon chicken!" The waitress put a plate of hot chicken with lemon sauce spilled all over it. You your lips, and picked up one with chopsticks, the same one Himchan had to pick.

"Oh uh..." You pulled away your chopsticks, and picked up another piece, just to be counterattacked by Himchan again. "Oh..sorry..."

"Yah, Himchan you're doing that on purpose. Stop teasing the poor girl!" Jongup glared at Himchan with arrows, and Himchan snorted.

"I can see she likes it." Himchan winked at you and you blushed, turning the exact same color of Zelo's dish,  which was American Chop Suey.  "Don't you, ~~~~?"

"I do not!" You protested, and Jongup sighed, before stuffing a piece in your mouth. "Mmmf!"

"There." Jongup dusted his hands, and smiled at you. "Does it taste good?" You nodded, and chewed slowly, wishing you could just leave already, or that Junhee would hurry up and come back.

"I think you're making her uncomfortable Jongup." Yongguk pointed out, and you looked down, not wanting to meet with their faces. "She's really not enjoying this..."

"Can..can I go home please?" You looked up with pleading eyes at Yongguk, and he nodded.

"Yeah, Youngjae, go and drop her off." Yongguk sifted through his noodles as Youngjae nodded, and got up from his seat. "Youngjae will drop you, be careful guys!"

"Thanks for the dinner, bye guys!" You bowed, and kindly waved. You caught Jongup and Himchan both with dissatisfied looks on their face. You kind of felt bad, but it couldn't compare to how awkward you felt between Jongup and Himchan, especially without Junhee. You left with Youngjae through the restaurant doors, and started to walk towards the bus stop.

"Well Jongup hyung, there goes another girl." Zelo smirked, who received a punch from Jongup.

"Hey, where did ~~~~ go?" Junhee came back from wherever she went, with a dazed Daehyun next to her.
"She went home, because you were too busy seducing your boyfriend." Himchan bluntly pointed out, and Junhee facepalmed, as both of them sat back down in their seats. "You should probably go after her."

"She'll be fine." Junhee pursed her lips, and opened her menu. "I've known ~~~~ for a long time. She'll be alright."

"But Junhee, you've only known her for a day-" Daehyun started, but was cut off as Junhee stuffed his mouth with noodles.

"Nope. I've known her before too."

..............................................

Another splash of water did it, and finally the gunk of makeup Junhee had applied was gone. You sighed, and rubbed your face with your face towel, and slipped off your dress, pulling on your pajamas. You started to brush your teeth, when you were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"You okay in there ~~~~?" Haylin's voice was heard behind the bathroom door.

"Yeah I'm fine." You shouted back, and unlocked the bathroom door, stepping out of the bathroom. "Just a little tired."

"How was the dinner? " Haylin bit her lip. "If you came home early...that meant.."

"It was fine." You tied your hair up in a high ponytail. "Just a little uncomfortable."

"I see."  Haylin stepped aside so you could get out of the bathroom, and you put your brush down and walked out of the bathroom. You decided to go on your laptop , as you closed the door to your bedroom.

You flopped onto your bed, and saw that your phone was vibrating. You peered at the screen, and saw that it was Junhee.

'Hey you okay? I heard you left. If there's anything wrong, you can just tell me, alright?'

You bit your lip. *If she really cared, then why did she leave all of  sudden, leaving me with Jongup and Himchan? And what about Himchan? Why did he start to flirt with me? We've only met for a day....and Jongup too! Like what happened, why is everyone after me? Ugh....* You put your head in your hands, as it exploded with questions. *This is the first day of my junior year...I can't fail...because of these problems....maybe I'll stay in the dorm, faking sick....*

"Hey, ~~~~, are you okay? I heard you came early from the dinner..." Minyu's voice was heard behind your bedroom door, and you cringed. *Why does everyone suddenly care about me now?!*

"I'm fine." you mumbled, and covered yourself with your blanket. The door opened, and Minyu saw that you were buried under the blankets. "Just...just leave me alone."

"Alright...if you need someone to talk to, I'll be there." Minyu shut the door, and you rolled your eyes.

*My they'll be there, they'll just turn out like Junhee, and ditch me for their boyfriends.*

You snuggled under the covers, and fell to sleep, a few tears escaping your eyelids, wishing that you were back home.

.....................................................................

DON'T HATE ME FOR TURNING YOU INTO A BISH, you'll find out later why you're so touchy...something about your past... (OOOOUUU)

I'll be adding songs to each of the chapters, so I hope you enjoy hurhru.

-kimchi