A date suited for a Geek

AND YOU EXPECT ME TO CHOSE?!

 

Blue= whats written on your sticky notes. Green= whats written on Kyu's sticky notes.

So Ran (Your) POV


Looking up at the sky I slightly frowned. It was raining, and today was supposed to be my date with Kyuhyun. I walked out of my house and smiled upon seeing him.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yup" 

"Well then come on." I rushed from under the little barrier of my house and out under his red umbrella, but I was a bit nervous so I didn't get so close to him, causing half of my body to stick out from under the umbrella. 

"Aish~ your getting wet." he whined pulling me in closer to him and wrapping his arm around my neck. My face turned a bright red, trying to hide my face, I looked down. 

"So what are we going to do today?" I asked, trying to distract myself from my feelings.

"I don't know."

I stopped walking.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW?"

He laughed. "Well I did have something planned, I was going to take you to an amusement park but~" he said looking up at the sky.

"I don't think the weathers agreeing with me." he said letting out a cute smile.

"It's fine. We can always find something else to do." I said with a disheartend smile.

"Well, what would you like to do?" 

"hmmmmmm" I thought. "Oh I got it. Can you sing for me?"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why. ---Aish~ how many times do I have to tell you? Your voice is amazing!"

"Not really." he blushed.

"Aish~ you are always so confident about everything you do but when it comes to singing you’re like a totally different person even though you have such great talent."

"Aish~" he said while ruffling my hair. "Okay, I'll sing for you. What do you want me to sing?"

"Doesn't matter."

 (Listen to while readinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McxUA-aazRU

 

He began to sing and his voice as always just rocked me a way to a world I could only imagine.

We were just walking by beautiful places that were in our memories, the park where we first met, and a certain street where as kids we would always play around. And a small lake that was like our secret hiding place for whenever one of us was upset.

I had fun just walking with him. It was a nice feeling and reminded me of my days as an elementary school student together with him. But finally we passed the last place. It was my old house. 

I had heard no one moved in after I moved out, and you could tell it was dirty and obviously unmanaged. But there the scenes of the last time I had saw Kyu before I moved had passed through my mind. I was getting on the moving truck after waiting for Kyu, it was time to go and Kyu had yet to meet me like he promised before my departure, it was raining that day too.

 

~~~~~ Flashback~~~~~~~

"Come on So Ran, it's time to go." Yonghwa told me, ushering me into the moving truck.

"But I don't wanna, Kyu said he would say goodbye' but he hasn't come yet so I have to still wait for him."

"Maybe he got caught up and couldn't come and didn't have the chance to tell you?"

"NO~ Kyu said he was coming no matter what and he said to wait for him. And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

"But So Ran, it is time to go. Everyone's waiting."

"No, NO, NO, I'm waiting for Kyu!" I was already 12 but I knew I was whining as if I was six.

"So Ran, I'm giving you 2 minutes. 2 minutes if you are not in the truck by then I am seriously going to be mad.

"Fine Oppa, but in that time Kyu is going to come I just know it.

~~A minute and a half later~~

 

"So Ran, you have 30 seconds to get into this vehicle or you’re grounded."

My tears started to well up and I slowly got into the truck. "He said he would come." I cried.

I got into the truck and stuck my head out the window looking at my old house. I was crying more than ever "He Said He Would Come." I cried out to my old house. My vision was blurred and I was crying very loudly.

"o Ran-ah" I faintly heard. I stopped and rubbed the tears from my eyes. 

"So Ran-ah" I heard again. I blinked a few times and stared at something calling my name and running after us. It was Kyu, holding some sort of paper. I smiled. He did come, "You're late, Kyu." I called out to him. There were still tears in my eyes but I was smiling, I was happy that even though he was late, he came and that he still cared about me even though all the girls at school had begged to differ. 

"I'm sorry "he called out, still chasing after me in the truck, the driver oblivious to the drama going on in the back.

"I have something to tell you!"

"What?" I asked he was running out of energy and was slowing down eventually he tripped and fell into a puddle.

"LEE SO RAN" he yelled out cupping his hands. "SARA~" but his words were cut off when the vehicle had turned the corner. He was gone. But I was happy that I got to see him that one last time. 

 

~~~~ End Flashback~~~~

 

"Ran" 

"So Ran"

"Hello?" 

"Are you okay." he said while waving his hand in front of me. 

"You’re kinda....crying." Without noticing I had managed to let my nostalgia get to me.

I had jumped up in realization and quickly wiped my eyes and let out a smile.

“Come on let’s do something" I had told him, grabbing his arm that was no longer around but next to me (I held his arm like this but not in such a girly way -.- http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0-tOx5sIF_o/TrKhH9AphhI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/FyPGQiKcsRA/s729/AnimeCouple.jpg) 

 

Dragging him away from my old house I demanded that we do something.

"Hm~" he thought. “I got it, come on" he said, taking the lead. 

As we continued to run off to somewhere I tried to guess before we got there. Since its still raining it has to be somewhere inside, diner? No....A movie? But there's nothing good in theatres >< where? Where? I gotta know!

"Can you give me a hint as to where we're going?"

"Do you want me to just tell you?"

"NO that'll ruin all the fun."

"Fine." he laughed "Where heading to somewhere... that I think only you would think is a great place to go. It'd probably score a 4 on the best places to go on a date but a 12 on the best places to go on a date with So Ran scale."

"So are we going to GameStop, Barnes and Nobles or the Apple Store?" I asked seriously.

"You're good." he laughed again.

"Soooo which one?!" I asked excited.

"Keke, didn't you wanna guess on your own."

"Anyway we're here anyway." he said as we stepped into the mall I had been with Henry the other day.

"But first we have to head into Staples to pick something up, then well head to Barnes and Nobles, than GameStop, and lastly the apple store."

"YAY!!!Let's hurry." I said a lot more excited than I should be, but hey what can I say I'm a geek ^^. 

As soon as we walked into the staples store Kyu ran off somewhere on his own leaving me to play with the laptops. Lost in the illustrious world that is the internet I couldn't even hear Kyuhyun calling me.

"Hey" he called

And if almost robotic I responded with my terrible English "I'm Mr. Simple." causing us both to laugh.

"Wow you still remember that?!" he asked.

"Yeah I remember you used to sing that all the time when we were in elementary school." 

"Aigoo~ you always remember the smallest things." he said while ruffling my hair.

"So watcha' looking at" he asked.

"Rumors of a new star craft."

"CHINCHA!" he jumped up.

"The possibility of the truth in this is like 1 to a billion plus the articles in English and my English vocabulary is about the same size as Heechul's." (http://blog.ningin.com/2011/10/01/10-of-the-most-memorable-heechul-english-lines/)

"Aish~ why'd you have to get me so excited" he said play hitting me. "Anyway I bought the stuff so let’s go."

"Neh"

A few minutes later and we had arrived in front of the Barnes and Nobles and like some sort of animal I ran towards the Manhwa/Manga/Manhua section or at least was planning to but unbeknownst to me Kyuhyun was holding on to the back of my hoodie so when I went running a literally went falling back and straight into his arms.

"So you predicted this, huh?" I asked gazing up at him who was stilling holding on to the back of my hoodie.

"It's not like it’s the first time we've been to Barnes & Noble together anyway." he laughed. We continued to stare into each other’s eyes, not wanting to break the gaze.

His deep brown eyes, cute curly/wavy hair and smile that makes me want to melt away into his arms.

"Oh wow there so cute together." we heard someone whisper, looking around we saw many people staring. We quickly fell back into reality and let go from each other.

"Anyway" Kyuhyun said while reaching into the bag of stuff he purchased in staples. "Take these." he said passing a blue sticky note pad and a pen to me.

"What’s this?" I asked.

"Your handy dandy notebook" he joked. I play hit him again.

"No, seriously."

"Where gonna take each of these sticky notes and write something on them and stick them in books we've read. You can write about your opinion of the book, what could of happened, or things about yourself, birthday, height ya' know random stuff. well keep going till there are no more notes left and who ever finishes first gets to decide if we go to game stop or the apple store first."

"That's sounds cool but remember my dear Kyu, make sure your handwriting is legible."

"MY HANDWRITING IS LEGIBLE" he argued but I was already gone and towards the manga section.

I picked up the first book 'Fruits Baskets'.

Such a Good Series I never finished though. You must finish Hwaiting! And CAUTION when reading about it online I spoiled the whole series for myself just trying to Google what episode I left off on *cries in a corner*

Feeling proud of myself from finishing my first sticky note I looked over at Kyu who was in the gamming manuals section, not even daring to come over to the manga because it’s my territory.

Here's a hidden code for Star Craft2 use it well young Jedi; Up Down X,C,C left

DREAM HIGH WAS SUCH A GOOD DRAMA!!!! But I cried all throughout the last 15 minutes 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。 it was nomu emotional Ahhhhhhh

You may refer to me as Korea's Bed head

You have picked up this book, thus you are awesome

You'v prorally read this wrong

 

After a while of random writing I was finally done, every manga covered and every random thing I could think of, documented.

I saw Kyu still reading a snuck up behind him to scare him. I sneaked up behind him and 

"BOO!"

"Dang it you finished already?" he said not even scared.

"Aish~ can't you even pretend to be scared." I whined disappointed.

"Um, excuse my but can I ask the two of you to leave." A sales lady asked. "You’re disturbing the customers."

Embarrassed Kyu and I left.

"Well, you did yell out 'Boo' in a bookstore" he reminded me.

"Anyway, you won. Off to the apple store" he said slightly displeased.

"Who said we were going there, let’s go to GameStop." I said excitedly and you can tell on the inside he was dying of happiness.

"But you like the apple store more."

"But you would be happier if we went to GameStop first." I told him.

"I'm happy as long as I'm with you." He told me, once again staring at me with his beautiful deep brown eyes I smiled.

"Oh yeah were on a date." I thought.

 

 

Stopping myself from being taken away by his eyes I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the GameStop. We couldn't help but verse each other on the D.S's that were up for Demo, with 5 wins to 5 wins we decided to end the game in a tie and check out some of the new games, sticking the remainder of Kyu's sticky note in between games, saying which ones were worth the buy.

 

Soon enough we headed off to the much anticipated apple store and exactly what happened at Barnes and Nobles happened here. This time Kyu and I took pictures with each other inside each and every apple device. But at one point split it up, him on the iPads on one side and me with the iPods on the other. But then the iPod I was on started ringing for facetime, and it was so other than Kyu, I plugged in my headphones and we pretty much started to RPG in our little adventure.

 

"

Kyu: I have revived news that the notorious General Bowser was seen at peach's castle.

Me: No, what is he doing there didn't they kidnap her during level one?! She should still be with him!

Kyu: On the surface it seems like there would be no reason for him to appear there, however recent discoveries in the sand world by Yoshi seemed to point to the hiding of a Super-Mega-Star coin on the castles premises.

Me: But Mario was that not just a legend, a dream crushing legend that us plumbers had only blindly gone after to find nothing but darkness.

Kyu: No Luigi, it is real.

Me: NO! I can't believe it. I refuse to believe it all that time we had searched for it there is no way it was under our own noses all this time.

Kyu: It's true, and now it is possible that Bowser may be putting his hands on it right now, we must hurry.

Me: Agreed brother let’s go!"

 

We switched to another iPod/iPad

 

Kyu: It is time to face the boss but I'm afraid I'm in my smallest form, one more hit and I'm out. But since your here there will be no game over, just hang in there we can’t lose.

Me: Understood.

 

We began play-fighting the air around us but then Kyu was attacked 

Kyu: Oh, no!

Me: Mario! NOOO!

Kyu: Hang in there brother, the game is not over yet, just pop my bubble.

Me: I'm trying but I have to defend against Bowser, it’s the hardest battle I've fought left and only have one life left.

Kyu: Hang in there brother! Just pop my bubble! 

Me: I can't he's in the way and the wind is stopping you from floating over here.

Kyu: You can do it brother, just jump over his head.

Me: But if I land on his spikes it's game over for me, and for you.

Kyu: You must do it brother.

Me: No, I can't.

Kyu: Yes, you can.

Me: Okay, I'll do it. Here I go!

*---------------iPad screen goes black---------------------*

"Ma'am, and sir over there, we're going to have to ask you to leave. You are disturbing our customers."

"But-but" I said and soon enough Kyu was dragged over by the ear by some crazed ahjumma.

Soon enough we found ourselves outside of the store.

"How come we always get kicked out -.- only if Apple and B&N learned a bit from GameStop, they didn't kick us out there." 

"It doesn't matter." he laughed. 

"Come on it stopped raining, we don't have enough time to go to an amusement park but I know just where we can go." he said, dragging me off.

 

He brought me back to the park where we first met and where he confessed to me not to long ago.

We were sitting in the swings, not really swinging just sitting. 

"I know today, probably wasn't the best date ever. I'll admit it, it'd probably be one of the worst dates in dating history but~"

"Are you kidding, I loved it!" I interrupted. "You gotta remember I'm no normal girl." I laughed.

He gave a small smile "I'm really sorry." we got up and he lead me down a path of the park I had never been before, there was a small traditional styled bridge about 10 feet of the water. The setting was lit only by the full moon and its reflection on the water. A breeze came and the cherry blossom pedal were carried about. 

We walked to the center of the small bridge and stopped. 

“I know I've said this before but I love you, and have always loved you. There is no person in this world like you, you are beautiful, strong and caring though you seem not to know, but that seems to only add onto your beauty. There is one thing about you I wish I could change; I wish that you were more confident in yourself. You’re amazing but you need to believe in yourself even if just a little."

Tears started to well up in my eyes. I knew this was true, it’s sad but I knew it, I just could never find confidence in myself and hid myself behind a shameful mask. I want to be confident.

He wiped the tears out of my eyes. 

"I will always be there to support you, I will always be here for you, even in means loving you from the shadows I will do so forever."

I smiled through my tears unable to do or say anything more.

"Saranghae, Lee So Ran.” he said as he went down to kiss me, our lips met and I lost myself in my own little world.

The cherry blossom petals flowed behind us, as if they dancing in the wind, beautifully just for us. We stopped kissing and I rested my head on his chest.

 

I had fallen in love again, for the third time this week -.- aish~stupid feelings.

 

~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~

Sorry guys I was expecting AFF to add the chapters back but they never did so I will just add them manually anyone . Sorry about this chapter when I wrote it I was going through soooooooo much writers block. Its inconsistent not very romantic and frankly the worse thing I have published on AFF ~so far. Once again really sorry guys especially ranchan komen ne~.