Chapter 7

Masque'd Memories

 

An update... finally!

The story's getting... XDDD

enjoyyyyyy~



 

 

CHAPTER 7

This is interesting.

Nina was stuck in a room that smelled face powder and the different aroma of perfumes.

The famous Korean idols were sitting and chatting in the same room as her. At the same time, she felt left out. SNSD was there as well, but they still had to talk with the PDs.

“Annyeonghaseyo, are you a stylist?” a girl asked. She was from a new girl group who debuted a few weeks ago. Nina was trying to guess her name but failed.

She shook her head and said, “Oh… no, I’m not. I’m a guest here.” And she smiled.

The girl bowed and apologized. She walked away and talked to her co-members. SNSD was done talking to the PDs.

“Nina!” Sooyoung came to her in excitement. The other girls trailed behind her.

“Hello! Sooyoung-unnie!” she hugged her.

“What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked.

Nina hesitated… “Oh… uhm… I’m just accompanying a friend. I don’t know how I got in though. They told me to wait here. I’m actually a VIP.”

Just then, he came in dressed in a white tuxedo. He was still as charming as Nina first met him.

“Hey!” he called and stood right next to Nina. He was smiling. “Who do we have here?”

Nina sighed and introduced SNSD to him. “Unnies, this is Son Dongwoon. Dongwoon, they are SNSD. This is Sooyoung-unnie, Taeyon-unnie, Sunny-unnie, Yuri-unnie, Tiffany and Jessica unnies. I don’t know where the others are though.”

They bowed at each other.

“Oh! Now I remember. You talked about them a lot.” He said.

The truth is, Dongwoon knows them, of course.

Nina was embarrassed and so she playfully hit his arm and was blushing.

“Stop talking.” She said. They were both playing and the others looked at them happily.

They heard the door open as Taeyon asked Nina.

“Nina, what’s your relationship with him?” she blurted out.

Everyone in the room looked at them, waiting for an answer. There was also another group that was interested in the topic.

Dongwoon laughed and teased, “Yeah… we’re kinda going out.”

Nina turned to him in shock. “Hey! No, we’re not!”

“Unnie, it’s nothing like that. He’s just messing around.” Nina said wryly.

Dongwoon then laughed. “That’s true. We’re best friends.” Just then, his manager called him for rehearsal and a briefing. “See you later!”

The other idols said their bye’s. But before he went out the door, he turned around with a serious face and looked at Nina.

“But it still doesn’t mean that nothing happened between us.”

The whole world became so quiet for Nina. She wanted to melt away. Her feeling for Dongwoon was gone and she stayed as his bestfriend.

“Nina!” Mir exclaimed as he approached her, followed by the others.

She snapped out and immediately looked at Mir and smiled, then glanced at Joon who was obviously not in a good mood.

Her heart was immediately racing a car running more than 100m/hr.

The boys tried to avoid the topic about Dongwoon because of Joon. He was badly surprised about what Dongwoon mentioned earlier. And just by looking at him, the others need not to mention it again.

“Ninaaaaa~” Chundoong said. He hugged her.

“Kuyaaaa! Long time no see!” she cried happily.

“No fair! Why didn’t I get a hug?” Mir whined.

And so it became a hug war, and they were playing. Nina wanted to hug Joon, but didn’t know what to do. They were only looking at each other, until Mir accidentally bumped on Nina as they were playing. Making Nina getting pushed forward towards Joon’s body. And they finally hugged each other.

Nina was so comfortable in Joon’s arms. She was smiling.

“Hey! You like my body that much?” Joon said out of nowhere.

That surprised Nina. She pushed him away, blushing. “Y-you! Why are you so conceited? You’re a narcissist!”

And everyone laughed, leaving Nina with a flushed face. She noticed that Joon’s tie was badly doen. Nina took his hands and dragged him in front of the mirror and fixed his tie. It was a new sight for her. MBLAQ wore suits today. The even must be really important.

“That was my ex-boyfriend. EX-BOYFRIEND.” Nina explained quietly. She emphasized that last word so that Joon won’t get any bad ideas.

Joon knew nothing about him. Or does he? Why would he be angry? She and Joon aren’t in a relationship, or whatever. But Joon felt a cool breeze pass through him and all his worries were gone. He was relieved to know that.

“Okay. So, why is he here?” he asked in a monotone voice.

Nina smiled at him. “I’m surprised you don’t know him. Although he’s almost the same age as I, he’s still your sunbae in the entertainment world.”

“Hmmm…” he said quietly.

Nina took out her phone when she felt it vibrate in her side pocket. It was a text

FROM: D-Woon

TO: Ms. N

MSG: Hey love… go and get changed. Open the bag I gave you before and there’s a dress I prepared for you… You’ll love it. ;)

The word dress made her ecstatic. She smile at the thought of it.

“A message?” Joon asked curiously.

“Huh?” Nina looked up at him smiling, “Oh yeah… Joon, you better get ready with the others. I need to do something.”

She tapped Joon’s suit on the shoulder. “I’ll see you later.” Nina tiptoed and kissed him on the cheek.

Joon gave her a guy and then left. Nina also went to change.

---

“Dongwoon-ssi, you can take a break for now.” PD-nim told him.

On his way out, he came across Joon sitting alone, holding a can of soda.

“Hey, you’re Lee Joon, right?” Dongwoon asked.

He looked up to see who was talking. “Yeah… what do you want?”

“Chill. I’m not here to pick a fight. I’m here to talk, obviously.”

“Shoot.” Joon mumbled.

“Do you know Nina? Like personally and from the past?” Dongwoon asked him seriously.

“Yeah, I know her, why?”

“But you never knew what happened, right?”

“Did something happen? You know, I just remembered that she’s acting like Rina. Where is she anyway?”

Dongwoon almost lost his composure

“And why is Rina using Nina’s name?” Joon said.

“What the heck are you talking about?” Dongwoon asked in total confusion.

“I’m talking about Rina. Why is she using her sister’s name?” Joon said flatly.

Dongwoon stood up and left without saying a word.

Oh no, this is getting messier. It’s a total mess, than I would have thought. This wasn’t in the boss’s information. Now, he thinks that Nina is Rina, and Rina is Nina. Why? And he doesn’t know about what happened to Rina.