Chapter 9

Masque'd Memories

 

CHAPTER 9

There was a party in Uncle Han’s restaurant and he asked us to stay on the third floor.

I settled on the couch and sighed in relief. My energy was drained. I changed to normal clothes, all thanks to Aunt Eunah.

The room was quiet, except for the instrumental ballad music playing right outside the door.

This is frustrating. Now, I don’t even know what to talk about.

Joonie…” I called his name.

“Hmmm?”

My head was on his lap and he reached for my hand.

“Do you remember? My sister always puts her head on your lap like this.” I asked him, trying to get the image of little Joonie in my head.

“Yeah. She forced me to do it.”

“I see. So, I guess it’s my turn now?” I told him sincerely and closed my eyes. I was so tired. I hummed to a melody.

And in that instant, I didn’t expect his lips to be on mine. I stood up instantly, but he was still holding my hand. He slowly pushed me on the other side of the couch and the next thing I knew, he was on top of me. He bent down his head and his lips reached mine. He moved my left arm above my head, and my other hand was around his neck.

It was wistful. I never would have thought he’d kiss me, and this time he lead it first.

But… suddenly, my sister’s face popped out in my head. That surprised me. I thought about before. Rina like Joon. She was boastful about him. We three were best friends, but I never got the chance to play with him. When we were alone, Rina always interrupts us, or finds a way to keep me away from Joon.

That’s why I hated him back then. I hated him because of my sister. I hated him, because I ended up falling for him.

I snapped back to reality, and realized that he was this close to undressing me. But he was still kissing me, and I abruptly pushed him.

“You can’t do that, Joon. Not here.” I whispered, feeling embarrassed.

“Mianhe~” he mumbled. He looks so cute.

I went closer to him and i snuggled on his chest. I closed my eyes. I heard a soft click, and I guess he changed the channel, probably a music show, because I heard fans cheering.

Everything faded to black and silence.

 

JOON’s POV

She fell asleep so soundly beside me. Her breathing was slow and her sleeping face is just so…

Oh… she moved, and mumbled something.

I chuckled.

She changed a lot. She became prettier. Back then she doesn’t like hanging out with people. She was a quiet person. I knew that Rina liked me. It was noticeable. But I never really told her. Because Rina’s the type of girl who tends to hold grudges.

When it came to Nina, Rina loves her sister. Just looking at her from afar was okay with me. I didn’t know when I started liking her. I never even thought that a tragedy will strike in their family.

But wait… when did the kidnapping occur? Don’t tell me when they were here? I never saw their family ever since then.

Wait… I think I’m forgetting something. My head started to hurt.

“Changsun-ah! Changsun-ah!” I heard a female voice.

I turned around to where the voice came from. A frightful scene greeted my eyes. A girl was calling for me. She was looking straight at me.

“Changsun, stay away from here. You’re job is done.” One of the big guys told me.

What job? What is this? I closed my eyes and heard a gunshot. I opened it and saw Nina’s face inches away from mine.

“Having a bad dream?” she asked with a worried face. She softly touched my face.

I nodded, and she smiled. I pulled her immediately in a hug.

Nina, it was more of a nightmare, and hoping that it was just a nightmare.

I just remembered something aweful I shouldn’t have. I know that I’m not supposed to remember this particular memory. It was erased purposely. No… I forced it out of my mind.

“Is there something wrong?” she whispered.

I shook my head. “Nothing, really.” I looked at her intensely and smiled. Whenever she does that, I just want to kiss her.

She stood up and walked aimlessly. She actually made me laugh.

“Do you know how to play the piano?” Nina asked with a smirk.

“Well… I know some stuff… “I said, trying to make as many excuses as I can.

She opened the door to where the piano was and replied. “Seungho-oppa loves to play the piano and he’s actually pretty good. Quite good, actually. I should play a duet with him. Oh wait, I’ll call him now.” She ran to her purse and took out her phone, and started dialing.

I stood up and grabbed the phone and threw it on the couch. “Yah! Are you trying to make me jealous?”

“Well, it worked, am I right?”

Sheesh… I actually fell for her trick. I quickly poked her side, and tickled her. “I’ll get back to you later. You’ll see.”

“Oh, come one… I’ll teach you a simple duet song.”

She pulled me in the room where the piano was at. I sat on the right side of the piano stool, next to her.

She called it the “Chopsticks.” I don’t know how to play any instruments, but she taught me well. I still got confused over some parts, but at least I know a song. It’s a lively song.

“This might come in handy in a couple of days.” I said smiling.

“Are you going on a radio show or something?”

“How did you know?”

“Well, your comeback is in a couple of weeks and you guys have been on radio shows lately.”

I nodded. “Hmm… Nina, you’re smart.”

She hit me softly on my arm. “What are you saying?”

She pouted and I just started cracking up, and I realized that we were in an open area. I went back inside, and she followed after she played something on the piano.

“Something’s wrong.” She stared at me blankly and said that. Her face was pale.


And update! Finally! :D

Hope you enjoyed this...