Wanted. Loved.

The Porcelain Heart

Authors Note:

Hey I wrote a new chapter, it's a little short but I hope you enjoy it :D

Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions. :*

and again I was thinking about another chapter, let me know what you think ;D


 

 

If there is a heaven on earth, let me tell you, I found it. I was put on a shelf next to Jiyongs bed, smiling at him like I never did before. For the first time in my whole being I felt beautiful, the way he looked at me and how his warm fingers carefully wiped the dust off my face. I love him.

It might sound creepy when I say I watched him the whole night, but it’s not creepy for a doll. Seeing Jiyong softly snoring in his sleep, a face of pure bliss, I believe there is nothing better. This is the life I was dreaming of all the years.

When the morning arrives I see Jiyong turn around, hiding from the sunlight which peeks through the half closed curtains. But a few minutes later a horribly loud alarm clock throws him out of his peaceful sleep. Grumpily he pushes the small knob, stopping the annoying noise. A line of pretty colorful curses escapes his mouth as he ruffles his messy hair, his eyes half open.  Slowly he gets up, opening the curtains letting his eyes adjust to the sunlight. Then he turns around and smiles at me “Good morning, have you slept well in your new home?” As usually I smile back politely but I would love to answer “Yes, I have!” But I’m just a doll. Smiling. And Jiyong smiles back in a way that makes me feel so happy.  “I’ll get dressed quickly, so don’t be scared I’ll come back”, he explains and rushes out of the room as if he would take to long I would disappear. But of course that’s not possible, even if I’m able to feel, to see, to hear, to smell, I’m not able to move on my own.

To pass time I look at everything that I’m able to see in the room, the messy bed with the navy blue bed sheets, shelves stuffed with books, CD’s , a radio, a small IPod station on top and a dead fern.  From the counter of my eyes I see some posters and photos which are pinned at the wall and here and there are some loose papers flying around. A very nice room.

Suddenly Jiyong comes back into the room, fully dressed into his school uniform, hair a little spiked but still a bright smile plastered on his face. “Sorry for taking so long. But my hair just didn’t want to look nice”, he apologizes. I wish I could reach out for his hair, feel if it’s really that soft as it looks like. “I should brush your hair too when I back from school, yours is so beautiful, I have to take care that it stays like that.” It is strange how bubbly I feel just because of his words, but it makes me feel so good!

After that he leaves for school, but not before apologizing about a hundred times. Promising he will be back in a few hours and caressing my cheek one last time. It felt like I was melting under his touch. I love him so much. I would wait an eternity for him to come back.

  

I am the doll Bom. I’m a porcelain doll, with flawless almost white skin, big brown eyes and long brown hair. I wear a sky-blue dress which is a little out of fashion. I’m thirty years old, I was alone for a very long time, saw dolls coming and leaving. It felt like no one would ever choose me. But now I have found someone who doesn’t care about my fashion or the dust on my face, he sees just the real me.

 

I only wish I could tell him how much I love him…