Beauty, Jealousy 'n Pizza

The Porcelain Heart

"Are you sure it's because of me and not because you were such a wonderful soul and you had be recognized?” An unbelievable bubbly feeling starts in my stomach and a deep blush creeps up my face.  He sure knows what to say to make a girl feel like something very special.

I smile in respond shying away a little to hide my blush. He still remains at his place in the middle of kitchen, his eyes recognizing the blush on my cheeks. Then his face turns serious “We need to get you clothes and somehow you have to get money… I don’t actually have a lot.” His voice almost becomes a whisper at the last sentence; I feel his mood drop at his thoughts and take a step closer to him.

“They gave me m-money when I … you know ch-changed”, I pull a bundle of money out of a small pocket at the back of my dress (Yes this dress actually has a pocket, it may be old but the ones that made this dress we’re not dumb. They knew a busy woman needs a pocket in her dress). His eyes widen at the amount of it. “I hope it’s enough f-for the beginning-ing”, I still have my problems with speaking properly. “Believe me it’s more than for just the beginning. But you have to use it carefully until you can work or something to get own money.” I nod looking at the bundle then looking back to him. “Can you keep it, I don’t know where to put it” at first a small shocked expression crosses his face but then his features soften. “Of course, I’ll see where I can put it that it’s safe” he flashed a smile and he was about to say something else when the doorbell rang which made a loud, piercing snaring sound. Jiyong leaped to the door his movements so fast that it almost blurred in front of my eyes, do never underestimate men being hungry.

The pizza-cartons were torn on the already existing pile and since the only chair in Jiyongs kitchen was broken, we ended up sitting on the floor, Jiyong munching hungrily on his piece of pizza.

The pizza is actually pretty good, spicy chicken, a very nice flavor. “It tastes really good!” I said to start something like conservation but Jiyong only nodded totally focused on his food. So the rest of the meal goes by in, at least for me, awkward silence. When Jiyong finishes his last piece of pizza he finally answers me fully “Yes it actually does! It’s my favorite, believe me I tried a lot, but this one is the best!” His eyes sparkle while he tells me all he knows about pizza flavors, the best places, of course the worst places, how a good pizza looks and what the no-go’s of pizza flavors are.

I listen closely, not really because I’m so curious about the “Lilly’s Pizza” shop and how good it is, but it’s just his expression which is so beautiful when he describes all the things he loves. I get somewhere lost in his expression, not really listening to him anymore until he looks questioning at me. “Oh-“I blush deeply being caught “I’m sorry can you repeat the question?” To my surprise he smiles and says “I’m sorry did I bore you?” I shake my head several times “Oh- Good! My question was if you want me to go shopping with you today so you have some clothes and other stuff you may need.” He was right I need some new clothes I can’t stay in this dress my whole live anymore. I’m not a doll anymore.

So we end up being packed with pizza-cartons, because I dragged him to take some with him to put them into the trash. There is still a huge pile left, but it’s a little less high. After putting them in the trash we head for the train station which isn’t far away. Jiyong explains what kind of things I will need and shows me how to use the train to get more into the middle of Seoul.  The city was impressive, too much for one quick look, but Jiyong dragged me with him, his hand firm around mine until we reach an enormous mall. A few people looking at me in a way that leaves me uncomfortable. “Jiyong-“, I say to get his attention he immediately looks at me hearing the small pain in my voice. “Why-why is everyone looking at me so s-strange?” He stops walking, reaching out for a strand of hair to put it behind me ear, leaving me blushing deeply.

“Because you’re so beautiful, they are jealous. Don’t look at them, society makes them this way. Everything that is prettier, more intelligent or in any way better than them, is bad. Thanks go to our society. But let’s hurry now or we will never find the right things for you”, he smiled widely and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. Leading me with pink cheeks to the first store.

 

 

 


Well, next chapter hope you like it ;D

It's shopping time!

I spend my time while writing this chapter at the floor happly munching my spicy chicken pizza- true story!

I always sit on the floor it's kind of a habit xD

 

Ugh guys I don't really know when I'm going to update the next chapter....

Because these are my last days in New York right now, I'm going to fly back on wendsday and I haven't seen my family since 6 weeks so I'll spend a lot of time with them the following days. So don't be too mad if I'm not going to update this week anymore.

 

But I'll try my best to update as soon as possible ;D

Love you all thank you sooo much for reading and subscribing!

 

Leo

 

PS: Wish me luck to not fall from the sky and get home safely ;D