Shudders. Strangers and Cold Eyes

The Porcelain Heart

Since our kiss things have changed, in a good way thankfully. Every time Jiyong comes home from work he hugs me, caresses my cheek and sometimes kisses me. Later at night we would sometimes kiss again. I am more than happy, that is all I can say. If we are in an official relationship? I don't know - we haven't really talked about it but I think you could call it more than just friends.
Work is most likely a little stressful but I have a lot fun, so that makes it up.
All in all quite a good and enjoyable life.
Today is a little different, the shop is quiet and only a few customers visit staying not very long, buying little. Not that it bothers me that much, a little free time is nice to have since normally the shop is barging full. So I take a seat behind the counter and secretly open up the new book I wanted to read. Jiyong gave it to me yesterday and I haven't had the time to start it yet.
Maybe I have been to occupied in my book to notice but suddenly someone taps on the counter to get my attention. I flush for being so drawn into the book and bow to apologize. "No need to apologize, it shows the book you're reading is very good when you forget what’s going on around you" the man in front of me is tall and although his smile is nice and heartfelt, something about his presence makes me shudder. "Can I help you Sir?" I ask to hide my embarrassment, again the tall black haired male smiles. "Yes" the man asks for a seasoned clothing that is hanging in one of the shop's windows and I give him the wanted article. He thanks and smiles charming, but somehow his smile doesn't reach his eyes and I shudder. Afterwards the store falls into its peaceful loneliness again and I continue my reading without much disturbance. And although the man has left long ago I still feel like I'm being watched.
My shift ends and I can finally head home, I decide to stop by at a grocery story to buy some food. Because Jiyong is a good eater and the fridge is almost empty as soon as it's being filled up[?]. As I push the cart through the corridors I notice a tale male standing not far away from me searching the upper shelves for something. It's the man who came to the shop earlier, abruptly I stop and change directions - I have no interest in running into him right now so I do my best to finish the grocery shopping as fast as possible. But of course the luck is not with me and I line up exactly behind him at the cash register. He turns around and flashes a charming smile "What a surprise to meet you here again" I nod and smile back politely wanting nothing more than to escape this situation. The man is thankfully distracted by paying and getting his groceries into his back afterwards so he doesn't get the chance to talk again but he flashes another smile and walks off.
I rush home directly into the arms of Jiyong who presses me gently against his chest. "You okay?" He asks a little out of breath as I hug him tightly. I shake my head and explain what happened. He pats my hair soothing and rubs small circles on my back. "I sure it's just a bad coincidence. If you're scared I can pick you up from work tomorrow so you're not walking home alone." Jiyong offers, I agree and cook some food for Jiyong and his always-empty stomach. When I set the food on the table Jiyong is engrossed in a book, flipping through the pages, scribbling down notes and highlighting a few things. Interested I peek over his shoulder, I always find it fascinating what Jiyong learns all day and I wish I could go to college too. But of course that’s not possible, although I know a lot about this world already I would be horribly lost in college.
We eat our food and Jiyong compliments me that it tastes wonderful and in fact it does, it’s the best food I’ve cooked so far. Later at night I fall asleep in Jiyongs arms while we’re watching some drama that is playing, I feel so save and loved. Never would I have imagined that I would end up so happy for all the years that I did nothing else than look at happy humans come and leave wanting nothing more than share their happiness. And here I am, cuddled into the arm of a wonderful young man that is more caring than humanly possible. Sometimes I ask myself why he is so lovingly, so caring and why he chose me.

The next morning comes around and I leave for work early while Jiyong still sleeps having the first hours off. I kiss his temple as a goodbye and head for the train station. The train was barging full like every morning and I squeezed myself into the crowd hoping to find a spot where my body would not be crashed but it was helpless. I sigh in relieve when I finally leave the train, taking a deep needed breath heading towards the shop. I’m the first one to arrive so I have to open up the store and set everything for the upcoming day. It’s an easy task and I’m quickly done sitting down behind the corner secretly pulling out the book again. I’m already quite far into the story and it’s so interesting, so I decide to read some more until the first customers arrive. 

The shop is as quiet as is was yesterday, but something still feels off and when I look up I know what’s wrong. With another charming but cold smile the tall man from yesterday enters. He walks confident like he knows I shudder inside and leans on the counter.
“Hey there again”

 


Awkward awkward awkward it's been so long again already...
pls don't be mad at me that it took me so much time to update again but I'm literally out of ideas I know you all love this story so I try my very best to come up with some plot but it's not easy...

Thank you so much for your patience!

leave a comment
x Leo