6

Innocence

 

 

The first time Kyungsoo tried to confess was in the library.

                                                                                   

He was so fidgety he thought he would have exploded, he kept tapping his fingers together, and when that annoyed Jongin, he began to tap out a rhythm to pass the time – this still annoyed Jongin.

“Jesus Kyungsoo, can’t you stop? Even I’m getting bloody nervous, and I’m not even confessing to anyone anytime soon.”

Kyungsoo was pulled from his mind, eyes wide with attention, “But I haven’t done this since my first year in high school! That’s like,” he counted on his fingers, “four years since I last confessed!”

Kyungsoo didn’t know how to even initiate a confession. It was so natural with the two of them, and their relationship.

They already had those little gestures that sometimes showed how they felt about each other.

She even held his hand firmly when he meekly brushed it but her hands, she always had that shine in her eyes when she was talking to him, and she was more or less always smiling around him.

Hana was currently off amidst the bookshelves.

Jongin had somehow managed to convince him to go confess while they had some privacy and so he did.

He found her in the botanical section, a small corner in the south of the library, the tapping of keyboards and pages being flipped could be faintly heard in the background.

Kyungsoo heaved a breath out, he felt a little more relaxed now.

She had a book in her hands, and was reading it intently, brows furrowed, she was adorable in his eyes.

He gathered up some courage, and strode up to her and tugged on the bottom of her t-shirt.

Her eyes swirled around to meet his.

“Uh, hi. Could we talk really quickly?”

She nodded; her hands that were holding the book pressed together. She had her full attention directed towards him right now.

“Well... you see how we met each other about three months ago?”

She nodded once more.

“And you see how we hang around together quite a bit?”

And another nod.

“And…” He couldn’t take it; all she was doing was nodding, “would you consider,” he could feel his brain planning the words to get him to bail, “us friends?”

She thought about it and nodded.

“Ah good, we’ll I’ll be off then, sorry for disturbing you.”

Kyungsoo dragged his feet back to where Jongin sat, nose in a book too.

 

The second time Kyungsoo tried to confess was in the café a few blocks from his apartment.

 

He was going to confess, he was getting his preparatory speech ready in his mind, when Jongdae spotted them. Kyungsoo had forgotten that he worked there.

He walked over and sat between the two and sparked a conversation with the two, he was on his break, since there was a lot of people around, just a man reading the newspaper, and a woman in the corner with a little sketchbook, drawing something (turns out Jongdae knew her, and even liked her).

By the time Jongdae’s break was over, it was late and Hana had to get to her dorms early to sort out her work. Kyungsoo didn’t want to impose on her, so he dropped her home.

 

He was about to explode, all he wanted was confirmation that his feelings weren’t unrequited (which he was 99% sure of).

 

The third time Kyungsoo tried to confess was at midnight, in front of her dorm building.

 

He had texted her about twenty minutes before to check if she was awake and if she wasn’t busy.

He got his jacket and shoes on and rushed out the door. He called her when he passed the library, and something in him clicked: it was the perfect moment to express his feelings.

She picked up the phone, “Kyungsoo are you okay?”

“I’m perfectly fine; in fact I’ll be over the moon fine if you could come outside for a bit?”

“Are you outside?”

“Not yet, I will be though. But that’s off topic. I just have this massive weight I really want to get off my chest, and I mean I’ve been trying to but it just was so hard to get my words out and then I didn’t have the confidence,” he could feel his momentum building, “and this just dragged on.”

He turned a corner, “and sometimes timing is the most essential thing ever, because you could ruin something with just a few words, and me being me,” she giggled over the line, “I’m a perfectionist. I’ll run all around just to find the perfect moment.”

He rounded his last corner, Hana was only a few meters away, leaning against the brick wall in front of her dorm, phone pressed to her ear.

“And I’m pretty sure” he breathed out “I just have, found the perfect moment to say…” he took the last few steps towards her, hand falling down limply.

Hana turned to meet his eyes. She was blushing, and that wasn’t because of the slightly cooler night. She had a big smile plastered on her face. He stepped closer to her, his hands grabbing hers by her side. His eye flicked to her lips, her small pouty lips, and back up to her eyes.

“I like you Park Hana.”

He shut his eyes and pressed his lips ever so lightly onto hers. She heaved a big sigh, her hands leaving his and wrapped them around his neck. She applied a little more pressure back onto his lips and pulled away.

“I like you too, Do Kyungsoo.”

The fireworks went off, every fibre of Kyungsoo’s body was suddenly filled with energy, and he hugged Hana tightly, lifting her off the floor, and making her squeal in joy.

“You don’t know how light I feel now I’ve got that out of the way, Hana.” He muttered to her, when he put her back on the floor.

“Oh trust me, I have a feeling I do.” She replied, kissing him again.

 

The next day, they went hand in hand to his apartment. All the boys were watching some drama on the tv, when they walked in.

As if they had practiced it, all their heads darted to the door, looked at their faces, down to their hands, back up and back to each other.

“Finally!” Jongin exclaimed when he saw the couple, as he came out the bedroom.

The other boys jumped up and bounce over to them congratulating them. Chanyeol even hugged her, telling her to take care of Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo tugged her to the bedroom, that was now unoccupied. His pinkie was hanging tightly onto hers.

One of the boys shouted out to keep it PG-13 in the bedroom.

Hana’s brows flew up, her cheeks grew hotter.

Kyungsoo’s eyes flare wider, his cheeks grew hotter.

 

They were still so innocent at heart.

 

A/N: oh my god, it's finished! this was good times. i feel really sad now. well, back to writing oneshots again.