4

Innocence

 

Kyungsoo doesn't know how he had managed to pull off kissing her cheek. He doesn’t even know when he began to feel so attracted towards Hana to even kiss her.

It must have been sometime during the past week, on a Thursday or something. His brows furrow, trying to pinpoint the exact time he had managed to fall for Hana. He was sure it was Thursday.

Jongin saw him from the couch wrestling with himself about something, most likely about Hana, most likely about when he began to like her.

“You can’t pinpoint the exact date Kyungsoo, it’s a gradual thing.” Jongin interrupted his thoughts, giving him his answer.

Sometimes Kyungsoo was so easy to read.

 

Kyungsoo told Hana to come round for lunch or dinner, he had begun to practice his culinary skills more often, just to get the hand of preparing more meals just to be sure his skills weren’t getting rusty from just having to cook instant noodles for his flatmates.

In fact, it had somewhat become a habit. They would meet at the library, each of them doing their own thing, Hana doing some reading or revision, Kyungsoo working on his project and more research, then they’d catch the train back to his, have dinner, then he’d drop her off to her dorms, sometimes ki

He had made her a range of different pastas, all of which she loved and asked for second. As well as a few Japanese dishes.

He even baked her bread, she was quite flustered, thankful all the while, but she didn’t know what to do with it (she ended up breaking bits of it and eating it while they watched a film).

 

It was a Tuesday when Jongin had told him it was her birthday the next day; funnily Jongin had thought to tell him at ten in the evening

Kyungsoo was frantic. He rushed to the store and got the basics for a sponge cake, he could add on some chocolate in the middle and crème fresh along sides in the morning (he thanked some higher authority that he didn’t have any seminars or lectures to attend in the morning until two in the afternoon) and strawberries, then cool it for when Hana came around.

He texted her that night, asking whether she was free tomorrow morning.

“Well I have class at ten and that’s like till twelve and then I think my sister’s coming to meet me for lunch.”

“Oh…” and he had thought lady luck was on his side, he was sure that she wouldn’t cancel meeting her sister for him, even if they were on their way to being good friends.

“Why do you sound so sad? I’m free in the evening though, so-“

Kyungsoo smiled over the phone, “Good! Come to ours at about five? Is that alright?”

“Yep. It’s a date.” Kyungsoo blushed at the mention of a date, “Well- er you know, like the s-saying goes aha…” she awkwardly tried to reason with him.

“Yeah…” he awkwardly tried to laugh it off as well.

They end the conversation after that. Kyungsoo was about to punch himself, he could have just gone with the original flow of the conversation, and that would have led to her knowing how he feels about her (it was quite obvious to a third party that they liked each other) and then they’d would have lived happily ever after.

Or something like that.

 

A/N: Two chapters (and an authors note, (look alliteration!)) left guys :( sad times.