5

Innocence

 

Cake; he had made cake for her.

As soon as she stepped into the living room, she was met with no lights, and a cake on the table, with twenty three candles.

Her brows went flying in surprise; she would have never guessed he’d get her a cake for her birthday. Hell, she hadn’t even told  him when her birthday was (she had mentioned something along the lines of meeting her sister next week on Wednesday for her birthday to Jongin, but that was three weeks ago)!

All of his friends had been hidden behind some choice of furniture and when she had stepped in and saw the cake, they all sang happy birthday to you in their angelic voices. Kyungsoo was singing the loudest, at least that’s what it sounded like in her ears or maybe she just had automatically searched out for his voice.

She smiled as Kyungsoo brought the cake to her, as they finished the last line of the song, “Happy birthday Hana.” He beamed at her from across the cake; she returned it as equally happy.

She blew the candles out, and they all cheered.

Hana thought to the last time she celebrated her birthday, she had ended up watching a whole series of some drama then sat through at least four Jackie Chan films, all by herself.  Her sister and her mother had visited her for lunch taking her out to an Italian restaurant and buying her a dish.

She bought a cupcake at night and sang happy birthday to herself. She didn’t mind being alone, it was something she’d have to face sometime in her life anyway.

But a year down the line and so much has changed for her, she’s made more friends, socialised more, and even pursued a love interest. That was a personal best for Hana.

The guys left after each having a slice of cake to the next door apartment, leaving Hana and Kyungsoo alone.

“They didn’t have to go, I don’t mind them.” She told Kyungsoo, who was cutting her slice of cake.

“You sure you’re not gonna regret that?” he joked, she nodded.

She dug into her cake as he told the guys they could join the pair on their little movie date.

The eleven boys filled in one after the other into the dark room, all avoiding the two-seat sofa and opting for the floor or all squeezing on the bigger sofa.

Luhan looked if everyone was in and pressed play.

Kyungsoo took his place next to Hana, covering her with a blanket (although it was nearly summer) and watched the movie.

Hana felt cosy, felt like she belonged somewhere. She sunk into her seat, enjoying the softness of Kyungsoo’s arm against her cheek.

She felt him move, and place her head on his shoulder, rather than have her awkwardly lay her head against his arm. She felt his hand touch hers, and hold onto her pinkie.

Hana didn’t want to leave. She didn’t want to leave Kyungsoo. Not right now. She liked his presence. She liked his big eyes.

She liked him.

----

The boys were focused on the film, a few took at a side glance at the two and a smile rolled onto their lips. It was going to happen. They were going to start dating soon.