3

Innocence

 

 

Do Kyungsoo was his name.

He had joined her table a few days after their small embarrassing encounter,

He was cute, like a child. It was weird that she found someone who had childish features like her cute. That never happened.

He always joined her, as well as Jongin, on her table sitting right opposite her and shoving his books next to him so that Jongin would have to sit a few chairs down. They didn’t talk much during their stay in the library, but when they sat on the train conversation sparked.

She found out he was a singer, him and a few of the other boys that she had seen the other night formed a small group and made their own music, when they had time to spare. He was also a cook, he could make decent home meals and Jongin piped in saying it could have even rivalled his own mum’s food.

Hana laughed at his comment, Kyungsoo blushed instead.

“You’ll have to cook me a meal before I can trust what Jongin said.” Hana said, nodding her head.

“Pick a day and I’ll cook you a meal in the dorms.”

“Friday night then.”

Friday night it is then, he replied, accepting the challenge.

Friday night he was over at her dorms, coming to pick her up.

“Six of us each share an apartment,” he explained when she asked where they were going (she thought he was going to be cooking in her dorm kitchen, he seemed slightly offended that she thought that) “and the other six share another next door. And I’ve kicked them out so that you can experience Chef Kyungsoo’s five Michelin starred cuisine at its finest.” He said, pulling at some imaginary moustache of his.

Hana giggled at this, “I have high expectations of you then Chef.”

Kyungsoo had really kicked out the other guys because they had the other apartment’s door wide open and some people with familiar faces filtered in and out of the two apartments.

Kyungsoo brought her in first and then walked in after her. He seated her down on a stool they kept at the entrance of the kitchen, and began to dance around the small kitchen space with utensil in one hand and a red apron with small strawberries dotted on the fabric.

Twenty minutes later, with some of the other guys walking in and then being stared down by Kyungsoo, making them run back out, her dinner was done.

“Voila milady,” He said placing her food in front of her, “That’s kimchi jeon, and there’s some of my own kimchi spaghetti there.”

Hana took a few bites of the pancake, it was beyond mouth-watering.

It was light and crispy with the slight tang of sourness from the kimchi; Hana had to resist the urge to talk with open. She swallowed, "Oh my god I don't think I’m gonna be able to go back home to my mum and eat her kimchi jeon anymore."

She ate the spaghetti heartily, even fed Kyungsoo some because he wasn't eating anything, which turned out to be a bad move, because Jongdae, a mutual friend of the two, was passing by and saw it happen.

“Oooh look at you two lovebirds!” he said slightly high pitched voice and skipped out the room.

The two blushed and most of their conversation thinned out. An hour later Hana suggested it’d be better if she went, of course she didn’t want to, she wanted to stay with him, hopefully he was on the same wave length as her and wanted to stay in each other’s company a little longer.

“How about we stop over for gelato and coffee then I’ll drop you off home?”

Hana beamed at him and nodded yes.

The two got coffee at a café a few shops down from where Kyungsoo lived. They got cake instead of gelato.

“Thanks for dinner,” she smiled at him, her cheeks rising up and dimples showing.

“No problem at all. Come over any time you’re bored. I’m pretty much always at home. And only two of the other guys stay at home so yeah…”

“That’d be nice. And like wise you can come visit my dorm anytime. I’m pretty much all by myself so you know,” she sipped her coffee, “it’s nice to have the company.”

“Yeah… I’ll make sure I do.”

Kyungsoo walked a little closer to Hana on the way back, their shoulders touching, arms brushing and evens sometimes a little tentative forefinger would touch her knuckles. It felt ticklish and in the end she held his hands and the two said nothing at all till they reached her dorms.

“Goodnight.” She said.

He leaned forward, planting a kiss on her cheek, “Night.”