Sports Day (When We First Met Final part)

Between Life and Death

 

“GOAL!” Your classmates cheered as JB made the last shot that allowed your class to win the soccer rally. Which was the last game of the day, and allowed your class to come out as the class with the most points for the day. The boys on the soccer field ran over to JB and hoisted him up on their shoulders. “JB! JB! JB” They cheered and celebrated.
You walked out to the field carrying a small crate of water bottles. You spotted Jr first, sitting worn out in the goal post. 
“Here.” You said and handed him a water bottle.
“Thanks” He said and smiled.
Jr took a quick drink and placed his bottle back in the crate. He grabbed the crate out of your hands.
“What are you doing?” You asked him.
“Helping you.”
 
The two of you made your way around the field and handed out a bottle to each player.
“I’ll take the rest. You can go celebrate.” You told him as you tried to grab the crate from his hands.
“It’s okay. We can do it together. Then we’ll go celebrate all together.” JB refused and held the crate away from you.
“Okay.” You said quietly.
 
“There you are Jr!” We’ve been looking all over for you, man!” Junghoon, your classmate said as he came over to Jr and you who just entered the class room.
“Sorry, we were just finishing up our duties.” Jr explained. 
“Man, I would have never thought that you and JB would join the student council.” Junghoon started, “I mean without you two, we wouldn’t even be having sport’s day right now.” he finished.
“Hey, don’t forget about Yunsu. The sports day idea was her’s in the first place.” JB said as he walked over to the three of you.
“REALLY?” Junghoon said shocked.
Junghoon grabbed your wrist and pulled you to the middle of the classroom.
He picked up a cup with beverage and held it in the air.
“AHEM! MAY I HAVE EVERYONE’S ATTENTION?” Junghoon said with his loud voice.
The whole class turned to you and Junghoon.
“Guys, I think we need to have a toast for Yunsu. The girl who made today possible.” He raised his cup higher. “CHEERS TO YUNSU!”
“TO YUNSU!” Your classmates joined in.
 
“See you guys~”
“Hey let’s hang out on Sunday!” 
One of your classmates suggested.
“Yeah!” The group cheered.
“Okay let’s go karaoking and have some soondae and dukkboki afterwords.”
“Alright!”
 The group dispersed after finalizing their plan for Sunday.
 
“Hey Yunsu.” Jungah the girl who organized the event called to you.
“Yes?”
 
“I was just wondering if…”
 
“I could ask Jaebum and Jinyoung for you about Sunday?”
 
“What? No! I wanted to know if you wanted to come.”
 
“Me?”
 
“Yes you.”
 
“Uhhmmm…” You started thinking.
 
“Of course she would love to go ~” JB sang as he came over to you and hung his arm around your neck. “And are we invited to this gathering?” He asked with a smile on his face.
 
“Of course Mr. Won-every-event-for-our-class. Along with Jr. It wouldn’t be much of a victory party, if the MVP’s aren’t there.” She answered
 
“Alright then count us in!” Jr came over and answered for you and JB.
 
“Great! See you guys Sunday!” Jungah waved and skipped out of the class to her group of friends.
 
“I guess we should get going too, huh?” Jr said as he watched the other students leave the class.
 
You tried to squirm out of JB’s arm.
“Yeah, I guess I’ll see you guys on Sunda-” 
 
“Woah, where do you think your going?” JB stopped you. “We’re walking you home today.”
 
 
 
The three of you walked down the side walk laughing at the story JB was telling about the time he was chased by a dog up a tree. 
 
“And I stayed up there for three hours! I swear dogs really don’t like me.”
 
You three soon neared your house and bid farewell to the boys.
 
“Bye Jaebum-ah, Jinyoung.”
 
“Bye” They waved at you.
 
You turned and climbed up the stairs, as you were about to open the door, the door flung open. 
 
“WELCOME HOME YUNSU!” A older male glomped Yunsu.
 
“Yunsu!” JB and Jr ran up the stairs as they watched you get attacked.
 
“Oppa… I can’t breathe…” You breathed out.
 
“Oh sorry!” He let go and patted your shoulders. “MY DONGSENG~” He sang with a smile.
 
“Dongseng?” JB and Jr asked confused.
 
“Sorry guys, this is my mom’s friend’s son. His name is Anh Jung Min. I grew up with him, that’s why he acts like my brother.” You explained
 
“ACTS LIKE?” Mr. Anh froze. “Is that all I am to you Yunsu? A pretend brother?” He said faking tears.
 
“Oh Yunsu your home?” You mother joined the fiasco. “Oh my, my! It’s Jaebum and Jinyoung! I see you’ve met Jungmin.” She smiled at the boys. “Why don’t you come in? We were just about to have dinner, and I made extra again!”
 
 
 
You sat in the rarely crowded living room and dug into your meal.
The atmosphere was bright and warm, and the room was full of voices conversing. This kind of atmosphere had been lost a long time ago, when your father had died. But for the first time in a long time, you smiled. You smiled with a whole hearted smile, and enjoyed the liveliness of the dinner table.
 
Soon after dinner was done, and Mr. Anh offered to drive JB and Jr back home.
You bid your farewell to the three and sent them off.
 
“What is Yunsu to you guys?” Mr. Anh asked as he eyed the boys in his rear view mirror.
JB and Jr were hesitant at first but then they responded.
 
“She’s our best friend.”
They both answered in unison.
 
Mr. Anh laughed at their response. 
“Ahaha!”
 
JB and Jr looked at one another in confusion.
 
“I’m sorry,” He apologized. “It’s just I didn’t expect you guys to answer so perfectly in unison.” 
 
“Well, what is Yunsu to you hyung?”
JB asked.
 
“Hmmm… Yunsu is… My precious dongseng” He gleamed.
 
The three soon arrived at JB and Jr’s apartment. JB and Jr got off and thanked Mr. Anh.
 
“Thank you again Hyung!” They thanked through the open window of the car.
 
“No Problem… But I should be the one thanking you guys.”
 
“Pardon?” Jr asked
 
“Thank you, for returning that smile to Yunsu’s face.” Mr. Anh smiled softly. “Well goodnight boys!” Mr. Anh closed the window and sped away. 
 
“Hyung, I think he’s a good person.” Jr whispered to JB.
 
“It seems that way… Perhaps this is all due to Yunsu.” JB said watching the tail lights of Mr. Anh’s car fade off into the darkness.  
 

***

Okay so first off, I'm soooooooooo supppper duperrrr sorry I haven't updated for so long. I'm not going to make excuses cause that's just a waste of time. And secondly, thank you for sticking with me and this story, I sarang you guys. I will try to make it a double update today. once again I sarang ya'll