When We First Met part 2

Between Life and Death

 

“That was an amazing shot!” JB came over and high fived you. 
You had just shot in a 3 pointer that allowed your team to win.
Following his high five the rest of your team mates followed. You awkwardly accepted the high fives from your classmates. The high fiving session ended off with you and Jr. 
“You were really good” Jr said shyly. 
“Thank you.” you replied to him also shyly.
 
You and the rest of the class returned to the classroom worn out from the tiring PE class.
“All right everyone please sit down.”
Your teacher commanded. Everyone went to their seats accordingly and settled down.
“Alright so I have the results of the quizzes, and I am not too satisfied with the marks.” Your teacher said as he started to pass the quizzes back out.
He returned to the front of the class before returning your quiz and, JB’s and Jr’s.
The teacher turned to the class and held up the three remaining quizzes. “Those who did not receive their tests please see me after school.” You teacher announced.
The class filled with ‘Ohhs’ teasing the three students who did not get their tests back.
 
The final bell rang and you remained in your seat. Your classmates all gathered with their pods of friends and left the room bidding farewell to other class mates.
“See you tomorrow!”
“Bye!”
You raised your head and looked out the window. *I hope I’m not in trouble.* You thought as you dreaded for the worst. Behind you JB and Jr were still in their seats too. Your teacher walked back into the class with a pile of papers.
The three of you stood up and greeted the teacher.
“Ah, it’s alright you guys can take a seat.” Your teacher waved to the three of you.
He walked over to your desks with a smile on his face.
“I’m sure you three are aware why I asked you to stay behind.”
The three of you stared at your teacher and shook your heads.
“Not really sir.” JB said confidently.
“Um, are we in trouble?” Jr asked.
“No! Not at all! Why it’s quite the opposite.” Your teacher assured.
You let out a small sigh of relief.
“I called you guys here because of your quiz marks.” 
“Are they bad?”
“Bad? What are you talking about Jaebum goon! The three of you received a 100% on it!” Your teacher exclaimed.
“Then why are we here sir?” Jr asked.
Your teacher looked around the room to make sure no other students were still lingering.
“I was wondering if you three would like to join the student council.” The teacher confessed. “I know the council is only for the 9th grade students but you three would make an positive addition to the council.”
“What does our quiz marks have to do with the council?” You blurted out forgetting to hold in your thoughts.
Your teacher turned to you and answered. “You see the tests you took were actually the tests that the student council members had to take this year in order to join the council.”
Your teacher continued on about how much the three of your ‘intelligent’ minds would benefit the council, and how the council was under staffed and they need more staff. After going on and on about the council you teacher finally asked. “So how about it?” 
JB and Jr looked at one another and shrugged.
“We’ll do it…” JB started “If…” He stopped. 
“If what?” You teacher asked eagerly. You turned around curious as well to his condition.
JB pointed his finger at you. “If Yun Su joins.”
Your eyes widened in surprise.
You teacher jumped back to you and got on his knees.
“PLEASE YUN SU! THE STUDENT COUNCIL NEEDS YOU!!!!” THe teacher begged.
“Umm, Mr. Kim please get up.” You pleaded quietly.
Your teacher continued to make a fool of himself.
“Mr. Kim, please.” You said feeling awkward from your teacher’s behaviour.
“I’ll get up if you say ‘yes’”
You were pressured by your teacher’s begging and JB and Jr’s stares.
You let out a small sigh.
“Okay, okay I’ll do it, now please stand up.” You answered.
Your teacher jumped up and cheered. 
Jr turned to JB and whispered into his ear.
“Did he just beg to a student?” Jr asked.
“I think so.” JB whispered back.
 
“This is the Student council room.” Your teacher said as he struggled with unlocking the door.
Inside there were windows along one side of the wall and a long table with chairs pushed in.
“Where are the other members?” Jr asked curious as to why there were no other students in the room.
“This is it.” You teacher gleamed.
“This is what?” JB asked dumbfounded by your teacher.
“You three are the student council.”
“Pardon?!?!?!” The three of you said simultaneously.
“I thought you said the student council was understaffed.” JB asked
“Yeah, that’s why I brought you guys here.” 
The teacher came behind the three of you and pushed you all into the room.
“The list of things you need to do are on the desk, and there are snacks in the box in the corner, Good luck!” Your teacher ran off.
 
The three of you sat down and all let out a sigh.
“I feel like we just got scammed.” Jr said.
The room went silent for a while as the three of you studied the almost empty room.
“So…” JB started off. “I guess we should start.” JB said as he grabbed the pile of papers.