When We First Met part 1

Between Life and Death

 

“Class we have new students today,” You teacher announced. He waved over to the two boys waiting outside the doors. “Come in and greet you classmates.” 
The slightly taller one walked in first and the other walked in after.
“Hello my name in Im Jae Bum.” The taller one greeted.
“I’m Jin Young… Park Jin Young.” The other said shyly.
“Alright you two can sit behind…” You teacher scanned the room. “Behind Yun Su. Yun Su please raise your hand.” Your teacher called to you. You raised your frail arm with your face down. 
“Over there.” You teacher pointed to your area for the two new boys.
You quickly lowered your arm once the teacher thanked you.
 
“Wah, your names are really Im Jae Bum and Park Jin Young?” A girl asked the two boys behind you. JB nodded happily. The girls from your class surrounded the two boys asking them questions upon questions.
“What do you guys like?”
“Where do you live?”
“What’s your blood type?”
The boys from class looked over at the two boys and called them over. “Hey you two! Wanna play soccer with us?”
The two boys eagerly stood up and joined the boys. Along with them the girls followed after.
You sat in your desk still munching on your unfinished lunch. You still had a pea left and you were pushing it around debating in your mind if you should throw it out or not. 
*Dad used to say that I shouldn’t waste food.* you thought as you courageously picked up the pea with your chopsticks. You finally popped the small pea into your mouth. 
 
*BRING*
The bell rang as you put away your lunchbox away into your cubby. 
“Please get into your seats” the teacher directed as the children ran back into class.
“That was an awesome game!”
“We Won! YaHoo!”
The boys cheered as they came as they high fived one another and JB and JR.
“We’ve got to play again at PE!” One of the boys declared eagerly.
“Sure thing.” JB answered.
 
All the students got settled and sat in their seats as the teacher gathered their attention.
“POP QUIZ!” Your teacher cheered as he waved the stack of quizzes in his hand.
“Uggh!” the class filled with moans as the teacher handed the test out to the front of the rows.
You received your pile and turned back to hand the two quizzes over. You set the papers down.
“Thank you.” JB said as he smiled.
Your eyes met his and you quickly turned around.
*She’s shy.* JB noted to himself as he handed one quiz to JR.
“Alright, you may start now!” Your teacher announced.
 
You finished your quiz in 5 minutes. You sat in your seat unsure if you should hand the quiz in or not.
*I’ll just hand it in after someone hands their’s in first.*
From behind your heard the scrapping of chairs. You turned back to see JB and Jr get up simultaneously. They headed to the front of the class and handed in their quizzes to be graded.
“Oh my Jin young, Jaebum you guys are done already?” Your teacher asked surprised by their fast pace.
JB and Jr headed back to their seats but JB stopped beside yours. He glanced down at your flipped over quiz and raised an eyebrow at you.
“Are you done?” JB whispered.
You lowered your head and nodded it trying not to show your embarrassed face.
He took your quiz and headed back up to the teacher’s podium. He handed the teacher your quiz. Jr bowed and returned back to his seat.
As he passed your desk once again you whispered out a almost incoherent ‘Thank you.’ 
 
“Alright, you are all excused for PE. I will have your quizzes graded by the time you all are back.” Your teacher dismissed the class.
 “Let’s go JB, Jr!” The boys called the two new boys over.
“Coming!” JB replied.
The two got up and started to head out with the crowd of boys.
“Ah, I forgot to bring my jacket. I’ll meet you guys outside on the field!” JB told the boys as he turned around and headed back to the class to retrieve his item.
 
You were sitting in your seat with your head down.
*I can’t believe I asked to say inside again.* You thought to yourself.
You were still greatly affected by your father’s death and couldn’t bring yourself to go out and join the PE class. PE used to be one of your favourite classes because your were always good at sports. Your father was the one who got you into sports. Ever since you were little no matter what sport it was, be it soccer, baseball, basket ball, and etc… Your father would always try his best to make it to all your games. The teachers knew of this well and allowed you to stay inside during PE classes.
 
“Are you alright??”
You jumped up at the sudden voice. You looked up to find JB standing in front of your desk. This was the first time you had actually met eyes with him and revealed your face to the new boy.
You quickly shot your face down realizing your face was showing. You nodded vigorously trying to relieve the boy.
“Why are you in here?” He asked with curious eyes.
“I… don’t feel to well.” You fibbed quietly.
JB continued to stare at you until you glanced up at him. When he met your eyes he gave you a sweet half smile that flashed his pearly white teeth.
“That‘s too bad” JB said to you and started to head out the class.
JB stopped at the door and turned back at you.
“If you feel any better, join us outside!” JB wished you and jolted down the hallway.
You sat in your seat with your head still down as you felt a rush of heat flow up to your face.
*What is this?* You asked yourself feeling your hot blushing cheeks.
 
After a while turning your head from side to side you got up from your seat and stared out the window and watched the other students play their various games on the school field. Your eyes kept turning towards JB’s direction. JB, JR and half the boys from class were on the basket ball court enjoying a game.
You sighed and started to drag your feet out the door.
*I’m going to have to join them sooner or later.* You thought to yourself as you convinced yourself to go outside. You stood in front of the big metal doors that separated you from the rest of the class.
*Maybe I should join them tomorrow* You started to have doubt.
*No I have to do it!*
You pushed the door and took a step out still having your hand holding on to the metal door.
*I can’t do this* You thought as you started to turn your body back.
“Yun Su Yah!” someone called your name.
You turned your head to find JB smiling and waving at you.
“Come join us!” He invited you.
You looked back and forth between the door and JB deciding on whether or not if you should go back in or not.
When you were about to step back in you felt someone grasp your arm.
“We need another player on our team.” Jr said as he held your arm as if telling you not to go back into the building.