When We First Met part 3

Between Life and Death

 

(A/N: Alright I updated this before I went on vacation, but it disapeared. I'm sorry to those who were searching for this. Here it is again.)

It had been about a month since you JB and Jr had started working together. The mood between the three of you wasn’t as awkward as when you first the three of you first met, but it was still very awkward between the three of you.
 
After school you were in the student council room once again with the two boys. The three of you were hard at work organizing the up and coming sports day. All three of you had your heads down hard at work writing up ideas for games, and events. As you three focused, a knock was heard.
*Knock, Knock*
No one moved, no one even took notice of the knocking and instead kept their focus on their papers. The door unlocked and the door swung open. 
“How’s it going guys?” Your teacher burst in loudly.
The three of you were unfazed by this and continued to work. 
“Uh, guys?” Your teacher called out again.
“…”
“Hello?” You teacher came around the desk in front of you and waved his hand above your eyes.
“Yes, Mr. Kim?” You asked still focused on the papers.
“How’s it going?”
“It’s…” You started.
“It’s? It’s what?”
“good…” You trailed off again.
You went back to work and starting jotting down more ideas.
Mr. Kim grew bored of the silence and headed out the door. Before he left he turned back. “You know, I gave you guys this job so you could have fun.” He said as he walked away depressed. As he walked down the hallway he spotted his co-worker Mr. Lee. 
“YO! Mr. Lee wait up!” He yelled as he skipped towards his co-worker.
 
The three of you sat in complete silence once again. You could only hear the ruffling of paper every once in a while. JB stopped writing and looked up at you and Jr busily writing ideas down. He studied the two of you as you both aimlessly kept writing on and on. JB set his papers down on the table and he stretched his arms from side to side. He cleared his throat to gain Jr’s and your attention.
*Ahem*
You and Jr looked up at him.
“I don’t think this is working.” He stated.
You and Jr turned to one another and tilted you heads not understanding what JB meant by his sudden statement. Both of you turned back to him. 
“What’s not working?” You asked him.
“This,” He said holding up his idea filled paper. “We’re getting no where with just writing down ideas. No one’s going to enjoy these events if we don’t enjoy organizing them.”
“I guess so.” Jr agreed as he nodded his head up and down.
“Yeah, but how can we find a way to organize these events, while enjoying ourselves?” You asked.
JB looked around the room and stared outside the window. 
“I’ve got an idea, come one guys.” JB said as he stood up.
 
“GOAL!” Jr yelled as he came over and high-fived you.
You laughed and accepted his high five.
“Alright so ball scoring is approved.” JB said as he exited the goal and checked the idea.
The three of you sat down on the big steps outside looking over your notes. The three of you had gotten through half the ideas, and now needed to get through the other half. However the sun was starting to go down and the only light that cover the three of you was a orangey yellow glow.
“We should get going now.” You said looking at the warm sunset in the horizon.
JB and Jr nodded in agreement.
“We’ll pick up where we left off tomorrow.” Jr said.
 
The three of you retrieved your bags and changed your shoes.
You started to walk out the building but you were stopped by someone calling your name.
“Yun Su!” JB called as he and Jr ran towards you.
“Yeah?” You asked them.
“We’ll walk you home.”
“Oh, it’s alright. I’m sure I’ll manage.”
“Look at the time,” JB said as he held out his phone. “There’s creepers lurking around at these times.”
You were quite scared at the thought of weird old men coming and talking to you on you way home and agreed to their accompaniment. 
 
“Well this is my home.” You said as the three of you stopped in front of your house. “See you guys tomorrow.” You told them. However they did not leave just yet.
“We just need to see you go in first, then we’ll leave.” JB said as he smiled and watched you make your way up to the door.
You buzzed the intercom.
“Yes?” Your mother answered.
“Mom, it’s me.” You talked into the intercom.
Your mother came out and opened the door.
“Yun Su, welcome back honey!” Your mother greeted you.
You turned back to JB and Jr and waved to them. You mother turned too and spotted the boys.
The two boys bowed and turned to walk away.
“Who are they?” Your mother asked.
“Their on the council with me.” You said as you stepped in the house.
You stepped in by yourself as your mother went down and stopped the boys.
“Boys! Why don’t you join us for dinner? You two must be starved!” She yelled.
JB and Jr turned and did a ‘why not?’ face at one another.
 
Your mother returned with the two boys. “Yun Su, we have guests!” She yelled out. Before You could come out to the entrance and greet them Aruemee ran downstairs and started to bark at them from a distance. Her bark wasn’t a unwelcoming bark, it was more like a howl as if she was calling out to something. You heard this and ran down stairs. 
“Aruem-ah, what’s wrong?” You asked her as you picked her up. You looked up to find your two classmates in the door way with you mother. “What’s going on?” You asked.
“I invited these boys to dinner!” Your mother exclaimed.
 
“Sorry about my mom.” You apologized to JB and Jr who were sitting next to you at the dinning room table, “She’s usually not like this.”
“It’s alright, We’re rather thankful for this invitation.” JB said.
You mother came over and put down the pot of kimchi stew in the middle of the table.
“I had a feeling that I need to make more today, it’s a good thing I followed my guts!” Your mother said cheerfully.
Your mother set down bowls of the stew in front of each person.
“Let’s eat!” She exclaimed happily.
“Thank you for the food.” The three of you said as you dug in.
As Dinner continued on, your mother conversed with the boys.
“My, my, you boys are so good looking! And I heard from Yun Su you guys are also smart!” 
“Thank you,” JB said showing off his eye smile, “But, Yun Su is much smarter than us. We often seek out her help when we’re stumped on matters.”
“She’s always very helpful and kind, it’s very clear to see where she gets her kindness from.” Jr added on giving your mother a golden smile.
“Oh my, not only are you buys good looking and smart, but you two are both very charming!” Your mother said aloud. Your mother was always the honest type, and almost always said things the things on her mind. 
 
Dinner continued on and the four of you laughed and shared different things about one another. JB and Jr shared about how they lived together since both of their parents were busy working overseas most of the time. They also shared how this had been the first cooked meal they had in a meal. Your mother showed the boys various albums that displayed you as a baby and pictures of your late father. It was now 7PM and time for the boys to go home.
“I’ll drive you guys!” Your mother exclaimed happily.
“Oh no, please Ms. Lee we’ve already burdened you enough with staying over for dinner.” JB said.
Your mother could sense that she wouldn’t be able to change their mind and so she bargained with them.
“I’ll let you boys walk tonight, if you promise to come over for dinner from time to time!” You mother declared.
JB and JR looked at one another unsure of what to answer.
“It’s okay!” She assured them, “Ever since Yun Su’s father died I’ve been cooking way too much food, And it’s too quiet with just the two of us here anyways, so please come anytime you’d like!” Your mother exclaimed.
JB and Jr turned to your mother and nodded. “Thank you Ms. Lee!” They bowed.
“I’ll send them off mom.” You offered.
“Alright ~” Your mom said and skipped back into the kitchen.
“Thank you for today!” JB and Jr bid her as she skipped off.
 
“Thanks for today.” JB said as the three of you made your way down the street.
“Sorry if my mom troubled you guys.” You apologized.
“No! We’re sorry we troubled you guys.” Jr said.
The three of you continued to walk down the street.
“Today was… Fun.” You said as you stopped and looked at the ground.
The two boys turned to you. You slowly lifted your head up and smiled at them, “Thank you for staying for dinner!” You exclaimed happily. You realized what you had done and became extremely embarrassed right after.
“Well Bye!” You bid them and bolted back down the street.
JB and Jr stood there shocked, it had been the first time they has seen you smile so happily. JB quickly shook out of his daze and called to you.
“YUN SU!” You turned your head half way down the street.
“YOU SHOULD SMILE MORE!” He yelled.
You blushed and rotated your head back and continued running.
 
“Hyung, can we come back here again?” Jr asked still staring at you running away in the distance.
“Yeah.” JB replied as the two of them watched you running.