5

Dreams of EXO

 

I must have dozed off cause when I opened my eyes again it was already dark. I could still see cause the night lamps were on now. I felt stiff cause I slept in such an awkward position so I stretched my arms.

 

“Ouch!”

 

The sudden noice scared me and I felt my left arm hitting something. I looked towards my left side and was surprised to see Kyungsoo sitting there and he was now rubbing is left cheek with his hand, where I had accidently hit him.

 

“So a kiss wasn’t enough and now you even slapped me”

 

I was still schocked to see him sitting there and I kept staring at him with my mouth open.

He took my left hand and looked at the palm.

 

“We should do something about it before it gets infected.”

 

“How...w..why are you here?”

 

“I’m here cause I knew that you’ll be here.”

 

“No..I mean what are you doing here and how long have you been sitting here...aren’t you mad?”

 

“Woah, so many questions. I’m here cause I’m worried about you. You just ran away and I knew that you injured your hand so I went to buy some disinfectant and other stuff to clean it. I’ve been sitting here for about an hour now and I didn’t want to wake you up. And no I’m not.”

 

He started to clean my my palm while he was talking and I just sat there watching him take care of it. I didn’t know what to say, he was so nice and gentle towards me and I could suddenly feel my heart beating faster and faster. When he finished putting a bandage over it I finally asked him the question I’ve been wanting to ask for some time now.

“Why are you so nice to me? Was the thing Kai said true..do..do you like me?”

 

Kyungsoo looked at me and I could see his face turn red.

 

“...Yes I do..”

 

I’ve never been so bold before and now that I knew his answer I didn’t know what to do. I was unsure about my own feelings. I knew that I felt something for him but at the same time I was afraid that I used him as a replacement for Kai. I needed time to sort things out and to see if my feelings for him were true. Kyungsoo was important to me and I didn’t want to do anything that could hurt his feelings.

 

“Kyungsoo~yah. Can you give me some time. It’s not that I don’t like you back, I just need some time to sort things out, especially with Kai.”

 

I could see the disappointment in his face and I felt really sad. But I had to do this I can’t afford to loose him..if I decided to begin a relationship with him it had to be honest and true.

 

“I understand. Take your time, I’ll be waiting for you and even if you decides to reject me I’ll still be waiting...cause...I’m in love with you.”

 

His last words made me blush and I felt happy hearing those words for him. Though I could not bring myself to accept him yet cause it really wouldn’t be fair to him if I did. I decided to go home cause I really needed som rest after all that happened today. We said good bye to each other and left the secret place.

 

~Monday~

 

“Can’t you tell me what’s going on. I know that you guys are hiding something from me..come on tell me.”

 

My friends were dragging me to the banquet hall and up to the big stage. They were being all secretive about something and refused to tell me what was going on. They dragged me to the middle of the stage and left me there.

 

“Just stay here and don’t move ok.”

 

“Wait! What is going? I’m not going to perform if that’s what you think.”

 

The lights suddenly turned off and I couldn’t see anything.

 

“What..what happened. Don’t scare me. I can’t see anything..this is scary. I’m going to leave now if you guys don’t turn on the lights again!”

 

I was about to leave when one of the stage lights suddenly . Music started playing and I could see someone dancing. It was Kai. His movements was as usual mesmerizing and I couldn’t help but staring at him. I recognized the dance. I’ve seen it many times before but the first time I saw it was here at this stage almost a year ago. Kai finished his dance and walked up to me.

 

“Do you remember this dance? This is the dance that brought us together and I’m hoping that this dance can work it’s magic again. You were right about my parents. I shouldn’t have listened to them and I told them the truth already. They will no longer stand in our way. Can you give me a second chance? And give Us a second chance?”

 

Right after that all the lights and I could see my friends and the other performers standing on the stage a bit from us. One of them was Kyungsoo.

 

“Give him a second chance!”

 

My friends and all the other people kept shouting those words. All of them besides Kyungsoo. I looked at him and could see that he that he had a very sad look on his face. I looked at Kai.

 

So what am I going to do now? I know what my heart wants but in this situation..it’s hard to follow it. 

 

I can see in the corner of my eye that he leaves the stage silently.

 

I have to make my decision now or I will regret it forever....

 

I kept following Kyungsoo’s with my eyes and saw him leave the banquet hall. Nobody else seemed to have noticed it they just kept shouting and Kai was too busy cheering them on by waving his hands. He then turned back to me and smiled waiting for my answer.

 

I smiled back. I was really happy. I finally know how I really feel and the truth is I feel nothing. I mean I feel nothing over the usual. All those special feelings that I had for Kai was now gone. Kai took it the wrong way and gave me a tight hug while everyone else was now cheering for us. I gently pushed him away from me.

 

“Kai~ My answer is no. What has passed has passed and you should let it go too. What we had was beautiful but it belongs to the past. I want to grab onto my future and the person that is in my future is not you. My heart belongs to that person. I really wish that you can be a part of my future too, as a very good friend. I hope that you’ll be able to find your future too soon~”

 

With that said I turned around and ran off the stage and out of the banquet hall.

 

Where could he have gone..think think...the secret place!

 

I ran as fast as I could to the secret place to find it empty. Kyungsoo was not there. I was disappointed cause I was so sure that he would be here.

 

I won’t give up. He has found me so many times..now it’s my turn to find him. Where could he be...come on you can do this..if we were meant to be together then I’ll definitely find him....

 

Can it be that place...

 

I ran again, even faster than I did before. Cause I was sure that Kyungsoo was going to be there. I finally reached the fountain..

 

And there he was, sitting on the edge of the fountain. He didn’t notice me cause he was looking down at the ground.

 

“DO KYUNGSOO! I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU TOO!”

 

I think I yelled it so loud that at least half of the campus heard it. But I didn’t care cause those were my true feelings, I was no longer confused and I knew what both my heart and my head wanted. I wanted to be with Kyungsoo cause I was madly in love with him. I think that those feelings have been there for a while now..it was only me who was stupid enough not to admit it or I refused to see them for what they really were.

 

Kyungsoo looked up and his eyes were bigger than ever. I loved his eyes, actually I loved everything about him. He stood up and looked at me with a confused expression. I smiled at him and I couldn’t hold back my laughter. This was my first time confessing my feelings for a guy and I felt so ridiculous that I laughed about it.

 

This is so embarrassing..what am I going to do if he rejects me..

 

But I didn’t have to worry about it cause Kyungsoo was now smiling brightly back at me. He walked towards me and stopped when he was only a few centimetres away from me.

 

“I’ve been waiting for you. I almost thought that you wouldn’t show up...you’re late though.”

 

“I just saw the note. So are you going to sing for me now? You promised!”

 

“I will. I’ll sing for you whenever you want me to..just let me do one thing first. This time it’s going to be done properly.”

 

He leaned forward and put his hands around my cheeks. I felt his soft lips against mine...

 

~ The End ~