1

Dreams of EXO

 

So what am I going to do now? I know what my heart wants but in this situation..it’s hard to follow it.  

 

I can see in the corner of my eye that he leaves the stage silently.

 

I have to make my decision now or I will regret it forever....

 

 

I never would have thought that my life would change this much in only two weeks but I have to say that this change was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

 

~ 2 weeks earlier~

 

“I’m taking the subway now I should be at the Campus in about twenty minutes. So what’s the thing you wanted to talk...”

 

Someone accidently bumped into me and I dropped my phone before finishing my sentence. I bent down to pick it up again when I heard someone say

 

“I’m so sorry! Are you ok? I hope your phone didn’t break.”

 

I picked up my phone and turned around. A boy with big round eyes and short black hair  looked at me with a worried expression on his face. I gave him a quick smile and looked at my phone. The conversation has been interrupted but luckily the phone still worked. I looked at the boy again and smiled lightly.

 

“I’m fine and my phone still works so don’t worry about it”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Before I had the chance to answer him my phone rang. It was Kai, my boyfriend, he was probably wondering what happend since our conversation was interrupted. I showed the boy my phone.

 

“You see, it’s working perfectly fine.”

 

I answered the phone just as the train stopped and people started to flow in. It quickly became crowded and I could no longer move an inch. I was stuck in the crowd.

 

Oh no! Why now. I’m getting off soon, now I’ll have to squeeze myself out...

 

“Hey~! I can’t talk right now the train just got crowded and I can’t move. I’m getting off at the next stop so we can talk more when we see each other. Bye~”

 

I barely managed to put the cellphone back in my jacket pocket when I felt that someone was looking at me. I looked up and was surprised to see the boy’s face so close to mine. I could practically feel his breath. I hadn’t noticed that the sudden crowd made us move closer to each other. Now I was pressed against the boy’s body and I felt very awkward. I wanted to turn my body around but when I turned my head I saw a pregnant women with her big tummy pressing against my back. I didn’t dare move an inch cause I was worried that the pregnant women would get hurt. I looked at the boy again and gave him an awkward and embarrassed smile.

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t move...”

 

The boy laughed shyly.

 

“Haha~! I’m the one who should be sorry..I can’t really move either but I’m getting off at the next stop so bear with me”

 

“I’m actually getting off at the next stop too..which is this one”

 

The train stopped and the boy mouthed the words good bye and gently squeezed his way out of the crowd. I was about to do the same but I was too late, people from the platform already started to get in. I tried to push harder and excused myself but instead of moving forward I was pushed even further back. I started to panic cause I didn’t want to be late for the test I was going to have and Kai was waiting for me. Just when I thought that I wouldn’t be able to get out someone suddenly grabbed my left hand and pulled me through the crowd. The doors closed behind me right after I was out on the platform. I let out a sigh of relief and looked at the hand that was still holding mine. I looked up and saw that it was that boy again. He quickly let go of my hand when he saw my suprised expression.

 

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to help you. I saw that you couldn’t get out so I...”

 

He looked embarrassed and his cheeks turned slightly red.

 

“No! Thanks a lot for helping me! You just did me a big favor. Thank you really!”

 

He looked relieved.

 

I looked at my watch and realised that it was already 7.40 am and my test was at 8am. It would take me about 10 minutes to walk there and I really wanted to talk to Kai before the test. I thanked the boy again and was about to leave..

 

“Wait! Can you tell me how to get to Kyung Hee University?”

 

I stopped, turned around and looked at him.

 

“You’re going to Kyung Hee University? I’m a student there and I’m going there right now. You can join me if you want but we’ll have to walk fast cause I’m in a hurry.”

 

We talked a bit on our way to the campus and the boy introdced himself as Do Kyungsoo. He just moved to Seoul and was going to study at the College of Music at KHU. I introduced myself and I told him that I was studying at the College of Hotel and Tourism Management. Because we walked fast we didn’t get to talk to each other much more than that. We were nearing the front entry of KHU and I could already see Kai standing there waiting for me looking handsome as usual.

 

“My boyfriend is waiting for me, you should keep walking straight upp this hill and then turn right by the second side road and you’ll see the administration building...maybe I’ll see you around...Bye~”

 

I smiled and waved at Kyungsoo and I could see him do the same thing back before I turned and walked towards Kai.

 

“Who is that guy and what happened on the subway you just hung up on me?”

 

“Oh, that’s a new student I met at the subway he didn’t know the way to Campus so I showed him. And I didn’t hung up on you, I dropped my phone so our conversation was interrupted. Anyway..you wanted to tell me something? You know my test starts in less than 10 minutes so talk fast.”

 

Kai’s facial expression changed from worried to looking like he was in shame.

 

Oh no..I recognize that look..he is about to tell me something bad..

 

My heart started to beat really fast and I was worried.

 

“What is it..I know that look, you have some bad news for me haven’t you? You know I’m in a hurry..just say it.. I can handle it!”

 

“I..We...”

 

It felt like my heart suddenly stopped beating and I was holding my breath. Maybe this is a girl’s sixth sense striking. I know what he was about to say...and I lied..I don’t think I can handle it.

 

“You...you want to break up with me...”

 

I was staring at him but he didn’t look back. He kept his head down but he nooded in reply.

 

“And you’re telling me this now?..right before my test........you know what, fine! I want an explanation from you but not now. Let’s meet at the usual place after my test.”

 

Don’t cry..don’t cry. You can handle it just stay calm and don’t let this affect your test. You can do this!

 

I could already feel the tears filling my eyes but I didn’t let it out. I turned around and walked away. I wiped off the tears that were floating in my eyes on my way to the examination room and finished my test.

~ O ~