4

Dreams of EXO

 

 

 

The rest of the week passed by fast and it was already time for the evening party.

 

~Friday~

 

“I’m really satisified with the decorations, the placements for the food table and all the other things we’ve done today. This is going to be a great party!”

 

I was talking to my friends and waiting for the guests to arrive. Some of them already had but I was secretly waiting for a specific guest.

 

“Oh Kai and the rest of the performers are here now.”

 

I looked at the crowd of people that just arrived and my eyes was once again stuck on Kai. He looked really good with a black suit. Actually he looked good in anything. Kai saw me and walked up to me. He no longer looked angry or sad, instead he looked very happy. He was smiling at me the whole time. My heart started to beat faster.

 

“You look absolutely gorgeous today”

 

“Thanks. You look really handsome in your suit too.”

 

I smiled at Kai. I didn’t know what to say to him but I no longer felt the pain in my heart while looking at him. While me and Kai was just standing there I noticed that Kyungsoo was looking for someone cause he kept turning his head and eyeing the crowd.

 

Maybe he is looking for me...

 

“Excuse me..I just spotted a friend. Talk to you later, ok?”

 

“But...yeah sure.”

 

I walked up to Kyungsoo. He was also wearing a black suit and I have to say that he looked absolutely amazing in it. I couldn’t stop staring at him the whole time while walking towards him.

 

Why haven’t I noticed that Kyungsoo looks so good before. He is like the perfect combination of cute and handsome at the same time. Haha...why am I thinking like this now..what’s wrong with me...

 

Kyungsoo just spotted me and quickly made his way out of the crowd he was standing in. He smile was brighter than ever.

 

“Hi~! You...you look amazing!”

 

“Haha, thank you. You look amazing too and I really mean it.”

 

A rosy color started to spread on his cheeks.

 

“Are you blushing Kyungsoo~yah. Hahaha.”

 

Now he looked slightly embarrassed and I laughed.

 

“Ok, I’ll stop teasing you. What do you think about the food and the decorations?”

 

“Oh, the food looks delicious and the decoration looks very professional. Did you do that?”

 

“Yes! The food table is my responsibility. I hope that people won’t get food poisoned cause I’ll be in trouble then....just kidding”

 

~ O ~

 

The party was successful and it was heading towards it’s end. I was having fun talking to Kyungsoo and my friends while eating delicious food. I suddenly felt that I had to go to the restroom and excused myself from the table. When I came out a couple of minutes later most people had already left the table and was out on the dance floor.

 

So the after party has already started.

 

I went to my table but Kyungsoo wasn’t there and neither were my friends. I tried looking for them on the dance floor. I found one of my friends and asked her where Kyungsoo was because I couldn’t find him and she told me that she had no idea. Just when I was about to leave the dance floor someone suddenly grabbed my waist and pulled me back. It was Kai.

 

“Hey baby! Shall we dance..we haven’t danced for a long time.”

 

I could sense a strong smell of alcohol.

 

“Kai are you drunk? You never drink to the point where you get drunk. Is something wrong?”

 

“I’m not drunk..haha..I’m sober haha. Come on dance with me, dance with the dancing machine!”

 

“No, Kai I don’t want to dance and you shouldn’t dance either in this state”

 

I managed to get Kai away from the dance floor and put him on a chair. I was about to get a glass of water for him when he pulled me towards him. He hugged me tightly and I couldn’t release myself from him, he was too strong.

 

“I’m sorry! I really am. I still love you..please don’t leave me!”

 

“What are you talking about Kai. We broke up already..remember, you broke up with me. You’re really drunk I’m going to get you a glass of water, let go of me”

 

What I said made him loosen his arms a little and I quickly released myself from him. I left him and came back with a glass of water. But he was not there anymore.

 

This is just great. Where did he go now...back to the dance floor?

 

I went to look for him on the dance floor but I couldn’t find him.

 

“Are you looking for Kai? I saw him leave just a minute ago. I think he was heading towards the fountain”

 

“Thanks!”

 

I was really worried that Kai would hurt himself while he was drunk. What if he tripped and injured himself. He can’t afford another injury right now, not when he was going to perform in less than a week. This performance was really important to him. I walked as fast as I could in my heels towards the fountain. The scene I saw when I finally arrived was not what I expected. Kai was grabbing Kyungsoo’s suit and it looked like he was about to hit him while Kyungsoo was resisting.

 

“Stop it! What are you guys doing!! Stop!!”

 

I tried to pull Kai away from Kyungsoo but he didn’t move an inch and now Kyungsoo was grabbing Kai’s suit as well.

 

“Stop it please! Why are you guys fighting?!!”

 

“This bastard took you way from me. He went between us and took the chance while we were having a break...he stole you from me!”

 

“What are you talking about. No one went between us..you can’t think clearly right now. Just please stop!”

 

I tried once again to pull Kai away from Kyungsoo but this time Kai accidently pushed me and I fell to the ground. When they saw what happened to me they immediately let go of each other. I scratched my left handpalm when I was trying to ease my fall and  now it was bleeding. Kyungsoo quickly came over and helped me up while Kai stood there frozen staring at me.

 

“I..I’m sorry. I didn’t do it on purpose. I don't know what I'm doing.”

 

It looked like my fall made him sober up a little. I hid the fact that I injured my hand cause I didn’t want him to feel even more guilty.

 

“It’s ok, I’m fine. It was an accident. So can you guys explain to me what’s happening here..?”

 

“I don’t know I was just here waiting for you then he came instead..”

 

“Waiting for me? Here?”

 

Oh yeah, that’s right the meeting....I totally forgot about it....then what is Kai doing here..

 

“And what are you doing here, Kai? I don’t think that you just happened to pass by.”

 

“I saw the note that he wrote to you which once again proves that he is trying to take you away from me.”

 

“You took my note?!”

 

Kyungsoo looked mad and I was confused.

 

“What note? I don’t know what you are talking about. But it doesn’t matter cause we are not together anymore Kai and you know that. Why are you saying these things now.”

 

“I never wanted to break up in the first place and I want us to get back together. Our break up was just a break and we would have gotten back together now if it wasn’t for him.”

 

“Are you kidding me. I seriously don’t know what you’re thinking. Our break up was not a break and Kyungsoo have done nothing. We are just friends”

 

“That’s what you think. I’ve seen the way he looks at you and you’ve been avoiding me all this time. I never had the chance to talk to you. I know that you still love me and if we would have talked earlier we would have gotten back together. Just come with me now, please!”

 

Kai tried grab my left arm but I resisted. I was really upset now. I didn’t know what to do in this situation. I was afraid that Kai might be right about it. That I somewhere deep down still loved  him but have refused to admit it. But at the same time I felt that something was wrong. There is something else I feel but I don’t know what it is. My feelings have gone up and down like a rollercoaster the past week and I no longer know what my heart wants.

 

Kyungsoo had been standing there all this time watching us without a word, I looked at him. I had to end this mess now somehow and I wanted to be alone again so that I could think clearly. The feelings I had now was suffocating me and I felt that my tears were on their way again. What I decided to do was stupid and cruel but I couldn’t think of anything else at the moment. I knew that Kai wouldn’t leave until I made a decision of some sort cause he was a very stubborn person. I hated myself for using Kyungsoo but I had to.

 

“You’re right Kai. I have been avoiding you but it’s not Kyungsoo’s fault. I am the one who is in love with him not the other way around.”

 

“I don’t believe you. I know that you still love me!”

 

I knew that Kai wouldn’t believe it just because I said so. I had to prove it through action. I walked up to Kyungsoo and hugged him while I whispered in his ear.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Then I kissed him on the lips right in front of Kai. My stupid tears wouldn’t listen to me this time and they started to fill my eyes and I tried my best to hold them back. Still I could feel one single teardrop falling down my cheek. I opened my eyes and stared right into Kyungsoo’s. His eyes was wide open and I expected him to push me away at any second now, but he didn’t. I guess that it was because he could feel my tears on his cheek too and he pitied me.

 

As I thought, Kai walked away when he saw me kissing Kyungsoo. As soon as he was out of sight I quickly took a step back. I was ashamed and felt really bad for using Kyungsoo. I couldn’t face him and I didn’t dare looking at him.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo~yah...I really am.”

 

After I said that I turned around and ran away from the place as fast I could. It was really hard running with high heels and my feet ached. I slowed down after a while and noticed that I was back in my secret place. I sat down and quickly took off my high heels. My left hand had stopped bleeding but it really stung now and it was covered in dried blood. I didn’t care cause the pain in my heart was worse.

 

I’m such an aweful human being. I Shouldn’t have done that..I regret it now...I destroyed all my chances to get back together with Kai and I even teared my friendship with Kyungsoo apart. I deserve all the pain I’m feeling now cause I brought it on myself.

 

I pulled my legs up and let my head rest on my knees and arms. I was so tired and my head hurted really bad. I closed my eyes.

 

~ O ~