Chapter 7

Assassin

In another part of town

The two men from the bar the night Jessica heard them were on their way to a martial arts studio where only the best go to. After all, they needed the best to help complete their assignment. 

This place was well known to the men, but not so well known to the public. Sure people have heard of it, but it was a very difficult martial arts school to get into. You had to go through an audition and had to already be prepared to go through the training everyone else goes through. 

It was basically assassin training. 

The people who were good would know what they were getting theirselves into with this kind of training. Only those who got in did. 

Any outsider would think this was a normal martial arts studio for people to train, but it wasn't. They were training to become the top fighters, assassins, masters. That's why they only let people who passed the test to get in. 

Not many people pass though. Most people go there to learn martial arts, not improve what they already have to kill. Imagine the look on a little ten year olds mother's face when she finds out her son/daughter would be trained to become a fighter, a hunter, a killer. 

Because of this, they made a rule. Anyone who entered had to be eighteen. Just because their parents wouldn't really have any authority on them anymore. Most likely they couldn't live with them, so they wouldn't worry when they don't come home for days, weeks, forever. 

Not a lot of people were there. Maybe about twenty to thirty people.

It's not like it was a real business though. You would have to be really good to be recommended by your teacher to go there. And that's how they all found out. That's how they all got to where they were today. 

The two men entered the studio with ease. You would have to be known there to get in. They weren't as old as you would think. Both were around twenty years old. They had actually trained there before they made it to the actual business they were in now. 

They still visit the studio to see some friends. But today they were here to scout people. They would also be participating in the actual killing, they weren't just going to watch from afar while the others do the work, so the most they needed really was two more. These people were professionals and they needed professionals for this job if they wanted it complete. 

When walking through the hallways, it was dead silent. No one was roaming around. All were training. They quickly located the room in which they would get their first person. 

Xiumin.

He was the second best at this school for his tae kwon do. He trained at any available time he could. He goes to college, unlike most of the people there, but still finds the time of day to practice. Not like he needs it though. He knows that he can't do this forever, so he will have a back-up plan. Go to college and have a decent job when he's through with all this. Most of the money he gets now is from using his tae kwon do to help people like the two men. Plus, what is he going to tell his parents? He's doing nothing but training all day? No, his excuse is school. So he doesn't have to lie. 

The men watched from the small window in the door. They didn't want to interrupt what he was doing. When he finished, they entered the room and bowed to Xiumin, considering he was older than both of them. 

"Hello hyung." They both said simultaneously. Xiumin bowed back and said hello too.

"So, Chanyeol-ah and Baekhyun-ah, what brings you two here?" Baekyeol took a glance at each other before turning back to face Xiumin. Baekhyun stepped forward.

"Well hyung, we were chosen to do a mission again, and we really can't let Mr. Kim down." He paused. 

"And...?" Xiumin signaled him to continue. 

Chanyeol sighed, "we need your help. We want you to become a part of our team. You're one of the best here, and like Baekhyun said, we can't dissapoint Mr. Kim again. It'll ruin our reputation." He didn't argue with what Chanyeol just said. He wasn't going to be like, 'oh I am the best, not one of the best' because he knew that wasn't true. He was not the best. The best was actually in the next room. 

"Again? Well..." Xiumin made a face that to Baekyeol, looked as if he was going to decline. 

So what do they do?

They get on their knees and beg. It was something they NEVER do. Only in desperate times, which they have never been desperate in their lives. 

Xiumin started to laugh, but he didn't accept yet. He waved them off, telling them to stop and stand back up. 

"So will you do it?" Baekhyun asked getting a little impatient. Xiumin tapped his chin with his finger, eyes looking up at the ceiling, humming. He was thinking. 

"It depends. What are we doing?" 

"We're killing Lee Soo Man." Chanyeol said while smiling. He knew what Xiumin's answer would be as soon as he said that. 

"I'm in." He said almost immediately. 

The truth was, Xiumin hated Soo Man. He just hated him because when he was younger, he was in a singing competition. He got second place, and Soo Man was there that night watching. What he hated about him was, Lee Soo Man let the person who won first place, and third place in. But not him. Not the second place. (A/N:Let's just pretend, okay?) 

He never knew why though. Why would someone choose third place, but not second? It just didn't make any sense to him at all. That's why he hated Soo Man. That's why he hated him. That's why he'll be more than glad to kill him. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun smiled in victory, jumping up and down, giving each other high fives. It looked really childish, but Xiumin didn't complain. He was just as childish as them. 

When they settled down, they noticed Xiumin had been staring at them the whole time with a smirk on his face. They knew what it meant. Everyone thought that Chanyeol and Baekhyun were together, but of course they denied. They fake coughed and rubbed the back of their necks before pointing to the door. 

"W-well I guess we h-have to go get another perso   BYE!" Baekhyun said before running out the room with Chanyeol behind him. Xiumin took one last look at the closed door before he took his stuff and headed to his college campus. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol had escaped the room and went to the one next to it. They were actually a little afraid to go in. This room was given to the best in the whole building. And he had only been here less than a year. Surprisingly, he was actually the youngest person who went here, but he looked the scariest. Everyone was intimidated by him. 

Like they did with Xiumin, they waited from the outside, watching from the window until he was finished with what he was doing. When he was done, they knocked on the door, slightly afraid. They had not actually had many encounters with him. They too were kind of afraid of him. But if only they knew him like Xiumin did. 

Xiumin was the only person in the whole studio who actually talked to him. He wasn't afraid. When he first met him, yes he was a little intimidated because his face seemed a bit scary, but once he got to know him, he found that he's actually the nicest person here. It's just that he's a little shy. 

He heard the knock and signaled with his hand for them to come in. When  they entered, they bowed greatly to him. He rolled his eyes. He was younger than them and they were treating him like he was the king of the whole earth. He hated when people did that. It wasn't that they respected them, it was that they were afraid of him. 

They stopped when he told him to and looked up to see a once scary-serious face, turned into a nice one with a smile. Baekyeol was frozen. They seemed less scared now to try and get their desperately needed person to join their group. 

Tao. 

He was the best in the entire school for his wushu he had been praticing at the age of six. He had just graduated high school and could now focus on training. He had known Xiumin since he started and admired him for being able to go to college. He wished he could go, but he never got accepted into any schools except this one. He had never actually gone on a killing mission, just pretty much kidnapping and such. Which he never failed. He used to get bullied all the time in school by people who didn't know about him knowing wushu. So he would fight back, break a few kids arms and legs, and that made everyone afraid of him. He never really had any friends except Xiumin. 

That's why they needed him. 

He could kick some serious . 

"Hello." Tao started off the conversation, seeing neither of them were going to be the first to say something. 

"Um...h-hello. W-we were just w-wond   " Tao cut Baekhyun off. 

"Just get it out already." He said, putting his scary face back on. This made them more scared now. Chanyeol gulped. 

"We were wondering if you could help us." Tao raised an eyebrow. 

"Help you with what?"

"A mission." Tao face palmed himself, leaving his hand on his face. 

"Be specific," his words being muffled by his hand, which was still on his face. Chanyeol was getting a little uneasy by his tone and elbowed Baekhyun to say it since he hasn't said anything helpful yet. 

"W-we need to kill Lee Soo Man, and we need your help." 

Tao sighed. A killing mission. He's never done one before. He was afraid to mess up. He was afraid to actually kill someone. But he knew that his best friend, his only friend, hated the man. And he would do anything. But he would play hard to get first. 

"And why should I do that?" Chanyeol who knew about Tao, and Xiumin's friendship because he told him, stepped forward a little. He knew what Tao was doing. He knew in his head, Tao already accepted it, but he would pretend to have not decided first. 

"Because Xiumin is helping us too. And I know you want to help your friend. So please." Tao smiled when he heard Xiumin's name. He knew he had to help his friend. He couldn't back out if he was scared. 

"Ok...I'm in."