Chapter 2

Assassin

The sound of the door being locked, combined with the fact that there were two men in the women's restroom kind of frightened Jessica. Especially because she wouldn't know what to do if they were to find out she was there when they clearly wanted to be alone.

Jessica's body temperature was rising, and beads of sweat were rolling down her forehead. Her sweat started dripping close to her eyes, so she reached a hand up and wiped the sweat off her face, almost slipping in the process.

This caught the man's attention.

"Did you hear that?" The first man asked. No one answered. Instead the second man went to go check the stalls.

Jessica was in the fourth stall. As the man approached the third one, Jessica tried to scoot herself over to the side so she wouldn't be seen when he got to her's. 

The man wasn't really checking the whole stall, just cracking the door open just a little. Just to check if there was a little sign of human life. Although even if there was, the person would probably be too drunk to hear or remember anything they said.

Once the man reachedher stall, she stopped breathing. She held her breath, thinking it would actually help her not get herself caught.

She tried as hard as possible to keep most of her body off of the toilet seat so he wouldn't see them. She may be drunk, but she's not that stupid, she knows how to hide herself. 

She was now pretty much hanging on the side of wall of the stall, trying to keep her balance and keep her feet hidden. It was risky, but it worked. The man checked, didn't see anyone and moved on to the fifth and final stall only to find nothing.

"We must be just hearing things. There's no one there."

"Okay, so we need to get the crew as soon as possible. We only have two weeks before we can start."

"yeah, I know. I already have some people in mind. All we need to do is contact then find them. Then see if they're availabe. Then finally, we kill Lee Soo Man."

"I can't believe they're only giving us two weeks to get our guys together. That's ridiculous. Two weeks to find people, train them, follow Soo Man and kill him."

"That's why we have to get people who are already well trained and skilled in this profession. Then all we really have to do is find him and kill him since I know some people who we can trust with the job."

"Oh good. We need to make usre no one, and I mean no one hears about this. If anyone does, kill them. If anyone tries to stop us, kill them. We can not dissapoint Mr. Kim again. If we do, you know what will happen."

"I know, I know. We could be put down by our collegues and we'll never get respect ever again. But that's why I have the best of the best in mind. So don't worry. We'll get this job done."

"Good, now let's leave. I don't want to stay in this place anymore."

The two men left and Jessica could finally step down from the toilet. She sat on it for a second and tried to get the feeling back in her legs. After she got it back, she went to the sink and washed the dried vomit and smudged make-up off her face. She combed her hair with her fingers and looked at her reflection. Taking a deep breath, she finally walked out into the huge crowd of people dancing and drinking.

She didn't hear anything though. 

Her thoughts were filled with what she just heard.

She didn't even wait for her friends. She just stumbled out of the bar and headed to the bus stop. She couldn't drive in the condition. None of them brought their cars since they knew they would be too drunk to drive.

She got on the bus and took a seat towards the front and continued to think.

Should she do something?

Should she stop them?

They would kill her though. 

She thought and thought until it was her stop. She got up and walked the short distnce and found her house. She struggled to turn the knob but finally succeeded and was greeted by silence. She went straight to her rooma and laid down on her bed. She thought some more and decided there was only one choice.

She had to warn Lee Soo Man.