Chapter 4

Assassin

"Can you hurry up?" Jessica nagged. 

"Alright damn just be patient" Kris replied.

"Sorry I'm just ready to go. I can't be patient."

"Okay, well we're going so chill the out." He demanded.

After a long drive with lots of complaining, they arrived to Lee Soo Man's work place. Kris parked his car and led Jessica into the building. When they reached his office, there was a guard standing outside the door who stopped them before they could try to go in. 

"Halt you can not go in there unless you have an appointment." The guard said. 

"Sorry, but we have something very important to tell him." Jessica tried to convince him to let them in. The guard shook his head telling them 'no', so Kris stepped forward. 

"Look sir, I know Mr. Soo Man, so if you just tell him Kris is here, he should let us in. Please, it's important." He pleaded. 

"okay very well. I'll go check with him." The guard used his cell phone to call Mr. Soo Man's office. He told him Kris was here to see him and he told the guard to let him in. "Alright you can go in."

"Thank you," They both said simultaneously. They entered the office and approached Lee Soo Man's desk. They bowed and sat in the available seats placed in front of him. Kris spoke up first. 

"Soo Man-ssi...we have some troubling news to share with you." He furrowed his eyebrows at this. 

"What are the news you speak of?" He asked nonchalantly. Kris turned his head to look at Jessica and widened his eyes, raising his eyebrows telling her to say it. 

"Well Mr. Soo Man, " she started out nervously. "I heard of these two men's plan to kill you starting two weeks from now. I just wanted to warn you that you're in danger and...I think you need to be protected." Soo Man raised an eyebrow at her.

"That is outrageous." He turned to Kris, "is this girl crazy? Who would want to kill me? Does my job really make people angry to where they would want to kill me? Get this mad woman out of here." He called the guard and he came and escorted Jessica out. Of course she fought back to stay, but it didn't work. Kris thought this would be the right time to leave and stood up, but Soo Man stopped him. 

"Kris you stay, I want to talk to you." He sat back down, afraid of what he would say. " You know this woman right?"

"Yes I do, I've known her all my life. She's not crazy, but she was just drunk last night and I don't know if what she heard was actually true or not. 

"Very well. You must also leave now, I'm sorry. I'm going to put you on suspension for now, I'll let you know when you can come back."

"Okay I understand." Kris was upset, but he did understand. When someone just comes in and tells him someone wants him killed, they wouldn't want to believe them. Kris left the building and found Jessica outside waiting by the car. 

"Hey what did he say? Did you explain? Did he believe you?"

"No, I couldn't explain since I wan't there to know if what you heard was true. He didn't believe anything. And he put me on suspension for now."

"How long?" Jessica started to feel bad that he go put on suspension. 

"I don't know. He said he'll tell me when I can come back."

"Sorry, it's all my fault."

"No it's not. I believe you I do, but we need to stop them."

"Alright but...we only have two weeks." She reminded him. 

"Okay, we have to find more people."

Kris then gets an idea and tells Jessica to get in the car. She obeys and gets into the car. Kris drove to the martial arts studio where his girlfriend, Amber was at. They went inside to the room she was practicing at. 

"Hey Amber." Kris greeted her. 

"Hey what's up Kris? Jessica?"

"This sounds crazy but... Jessica you tell her." Jessica steps forward and faces Amber. 

"Ok so last night when I was in the restroom puking I heard these guys come in I didn't get out because I did not want them to see all of the puke chunks on my face and my hair was messy and... just a mess. So I stayed in and they must have not noticed I was in the stall. They started mumbling to each other... and I managed to hear what they were saying. They were talking about killing Lee Soo Man."

"What?" Amber said in an I-don't-believe-you tone. 

"Let me finish," she continued, "ok so me and Kris went to see him about it, but he didn't believe me, and someone didn't back me up." She hinted to Kris. "We wanted to stop the men from killing him. It's gonna be dangerous so we need someone who would be good at fighting and stuff. So I was wondering~..." Jessica started smiling. She didn't even have to finish her sentence before Amber knew what she was asking. 

"I'm in. It's not like I've got anything better to do." 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello. This is USA123sc. My cousin wrote this chapter earlier but when I read over it, I noticed it needed a lot of things, and I couldn't understand some of it. My cousin was writing this on their iPad, it would like correct everything and they wouldn't notice. So I corrected...a lot of it. Just give my cousin some time and they will be able to do this on their own mostly. :D