Drunk and Unconcious

Repression

 

“The idiots.” I snort as I avert my eyes from the rag tag team of pathetic clowns swinging their shirts above their heads exposing the unsightly bouncing of their fat bellies. It was puke worthy. I shouldn’t have come.

Who invited me again? Oh yea…that skater guy on the seat behind mine. Why did I agree to it again? Uh…

 

“Hannie baby! Did Joonie super glue your to the chair or are you the same boring er in Mid school?” He laughs more than a little intoxicated to be healthy.

Ah, now I remember. It was because of him.

 

Well, in my life, most of my reasoning consists of him even though he mostly just shut me out.

 

I roll my eyes and stood up, finally deciding to get myself home before I get mixed up with their mess, not to mention their foul stench. It was horrifying to ask whatever it was that made it, not that anyone was even sober enough to tell me. I held my nose, swiftly passing by the crowd of lowly people, aiming for the door.

 

“ Heechul! Get your the hell up!”

My hand freezes on the door as I struggled to listen to the faint girl squeeling and name calling, probably Heechul’s fault. I didn’t really think clearly about what I wanted to do, obviously something stupid.

I guess you could call me one of the idiots now too as I run toward the sound of the ear splitting screeches and the sight of a, yea you guessed it, a sprawled Heechul on the floor half asleep perhaps and just a bit too drunk, then I sigh.

 

“Come on.” I poked his arm and pulled him up a bit. “rrrrrrrr…” was the only sane thing he could manage as a reply along with the flailing.

“Could you please stop fussing? I’m trying to get you home so I won’t hear you end up in some highway in a road kill.” I squeeze his side to somehow let him know I’m freaking serious, and that I also want to bolt off this stink hole as soon as possible. And I did, we did, struggling out the teenage crowd much harder now because of a surprisingly clingy and less irritable package. And yet I feel much safer, much warmer, finding myself smiling as I lay him beside my seat in the car and drove to his place (yes, I know where it is and since I kind of figured he’d throw a fit when he wakes up in the unfamiliar white walls in my place and slap me mercilessly accusing me of ‘the naughty.’)

 

He has always been so hard on me, but his personality is something my life missed since…what, 2 years ago? But that’s going to have to wait because right now, Heechul’s weight is a bit too much for me to carry on with my flashbacks without the heavy distraction and I do mean that literally.

 

I approach the front porch, amazed when I easily found your spare house key. I guess he still keeps his spare key in one of the plant pots outside the door (And I do mean in them literally, half buried in the soil. an old habit.) He holds on to me tighter, burying his face on my chest as he mumble incoherently. “What?” I chuckle as I know he won’t acknowledge my question, it was unusual for me to see him like this. Maybe it was a good thing for me to have come to the crowded funky smelling party, maybe this is a chance for us to cope up, or maybe for me to find out what happened to us in the first place.

 

Heechul and I…believe it or not we were closer than the closest during middle school, we even lived together with both our parents’ approval. We spent every night together, it’s a given. We always find time to talk before we go to sleep. We call each other after every class just for the heck of it, or maybe to comfort ourselves with the knowledge that neither of us died during an hour of mind draining lesson in the jail cell.

I mean classroom.

He’s a spoiled, inconsiderate brat but I treat him as a brother of my own, and besides, I didn’t mean what I said in a bad way, it’s just his weird way of expressing his love, but a rather attractive weird.

Err, what was I talking about again?

Oh yea.

We were close.

It was short lived. We just somehow…grew apart? I didn’t like it. Somewhere during mid-semester, he started going out more, started ignoring me and sleeps ahead even before I get inside the bedroom. No more midnight talks, school break calls, lunches…eventually nothing, flat.

I even tried to console with him a few times, I even stood up to his stubborn Hee personality one time but I didn’t even get to him. I doubt he even heard half of what I said that time, some consisting of random ridiculous flashback and .

After that, he moved out, never called, never even tried to approach me during the whole time we were apart. It’s like we never happened.

So…yea, I’m a sentimental fool. Get over it.

 

I didn’t have a hard time finding where the bedroom is since I see he still likes to keep his place as simple as possible. I lay him down on the bed gently, unable to pull away because his arms are latched tightly around my neck, and yes I am complaining because every time I get close for less than an inch around him, I get a memorable slap on the face, that being the only reason. The much braver part of me wanted to just slip into bed with him. To savor the moment he oh-so-unexplainably just took away, so I did.

 

“You’re stupid.” I hear him whisper (or breathe) the words out just as I settled myself down and rested his head on my arm, just like he used to do. I raise a brow at the unexpected words coming out of his mouth, wondering if he is awake or just simply sleep-talking, he used to do that a couple of times back when we shared the same room, and I never forgot to for it. “Oh, I am?” I reply, humoring myself with his strange sleeping habit.

 

“You are.”  I laugh and decide to continue on this amusing state of conversation, who knows when I’d be able to do it again, or if I would be able to do it again at all.

“How am I stupid?” I try to stifle a laugh as I waited for his croaky reply, “You…left me.” He mumbles and shifts closer into my arms and my chuckles died, suddenly feeling cold. “Why are you accusing me of something I didn’t do? You were the one who left.” I couldn’t help but think he was dreaming (possibly) of the wrong thing, maybe he kept telling himself that for the 2 years we’ve been separated.

 

“But you never came after me, did you?” My breath hitched with his last breathy reply.

 

No…I didn’t.

 


 

A/N: How's chappy 2? Was it messy? Lol I think it was quite good, but you tell me! :)