Introductions and Parties

Repression

 

It is the usual morning, the usual morning of my usual day with the usual school jungle environment. Normal.

 

College is just as crazy as high school was, only its a few levels up the usual perks. It’s been 4 months since this semester started, a month more and it’s about to end, hopefully I’d be able to pass with perfect marks. I’m trying to keep a clean image, along with the condition of trying to be invisible as I can be although not really, just from one person who happens to know almost the whole school. Okay so it’s basically just the same thing now isn’t it.

 

Going through the hallways is nothing new. Passing through familiar group of friends is too…

 

“Oi Shanghai! Why aren’t you wearing your bug shades today, or are you trying to fit in with the normal crowd now? Hey! Hey! Why don’t you lend me one from your thousand collections sometime since you obviously think it’s so cool? Oh here! Do you want mine?” I hear them burst into fits of laughter.

 

Getting mocked by them was nothing out of the ordinary either. I’d certainly be more surprised if they did not do it, not that it would be a bad thing, just weirder than not having to hear the insults everyday. I’ve lived with it ever since my second week here in college, can you believe it? Well you better. After all, there’s just one reason behind all this, or more specifically, just one person.

 

Kim Heechul.

 

Who else would know about my odd (I admit) for shades? Who else would know what country I could have come from? Who else would like to see me everyday face down, whilst rubbing it shamefully on the ground? (all in a manner of speaking of course, unless he randomly decides on doing it one day.) Yes that would be him. Note sarcasm.

 

I guess you’d think it’ll only be fair for me to tell you why he laughs at my misery (that’s just how he looks at it though. It doesn’t bother me at least not that much) but as much as I want to (which I probably won’t) I won’t be able to explain either. Simply of the reason that I, too, do not know.

 

This situation however just needs getting used to, and I’m proud to say I am. School days aren’t mostly fun but it’s always worth my time. As much as Heechul may hate me, I can’t say the same for him, probably.

 

Now I know what you’re thinking. That I like him, right? The whole homoual thing you call , guy love. Am I saying it right? Well, I absolutely love him, although not as you think. I’m saving that heart-wrenching story for later. After all, the present is a little bit more important than the past.

 

Now most of the days go on like that how I described. Me putting up with Heechul and his friends, keeping up with my studies and making sure I am there whenever the idiot gets in trouble, the idiot being Heechul.

 

You probably already figured along with Heechul’s rough personality that (if you really haven’t) he does things recklessly and I (having taken it as a responsibility to myself) always have to go through all that trouble of checking up on him to make sure he doesn’t get too rash and kill himself and although I must say I am exaggerating, the possibility of it to actually happen is not far off.

 

Every single day he thinks of various ways to make me miserable and every single day I just take the blow.

I’m not stupid.

I know that the only reason he continuously bashes me is because I never cave, and as far a I’ve know him, that fact probably bothers him more than he’s aware of, thus crowning me with the nickname ‘Shanghai’ and quoting me as the peculiar ‘sunglasses guy.’

 

“Psst!”

I flinch as I hear the annoying sound of gurgling spit and trying hard not to shudder as I try to put my attention back to the class lecture.

 

“Psst! Sunglasses!”

 

Oh gahd, there it is again.

 

“Psst! Psst! Psssssssssssst—“

 

Damn it, “What!?” I whisper to him sharply as I slightly turned to face that uh…skater dude (I forgot the name) and he quickly flashes me a grin.

 

“Party on Friday at my crib,” he says “Everybody who’s anybody is going to be there, it’ll be like the event of the year. You should come so your would be able to experience sitting somewhere more exciting other than a school desk, yea?”

 

He grins at me again and pats my shoulder just as if we were like the best of buddies.

Yea…

No.

 

“Hey!  You guys going to the party on Friday right?” I perk up at the slightly feminine voice shooting inside the classroom just seconds after the bell rang. It’s him. I’d recognize that menacing little tone anywhere, and he’s probably going to the party, great, just great.

 

I walk to the hallways trying to get myself home as soon as possible. Friday would be the end of my life, I’m sure of it. I hate going to college parties, people always drink too much and decides to just throw up over any random spot (or person). It’s a living nightmare.

 

Keh. No wonder Heechul’s going. Not exactly a good thing.

As I said earlier, wherever he is, I am. So basically I have to go baby-sit him the whole time making sure he won’t prance around in frilly undies and get banged by some psychopathic drunk jerk.

 

Don’t ask me why.

 

“See ya tomorrow Hannie!” he corners me to the locker making sure he hears the loud smack before leaving me with a bruise, completely amused with his own antics.

 

If this is the thanks I get then yea, you’re welcome.

 

Maybe I could just leave him to get after all.

 

 


 

A/N: I think Chapter 1 wasn't quite a failure. But you tell me of course :)

Phew. I'm really glad AF has these auto format thingies like in word so I don't have to worry about blaaaaah word jumble