Delusions-Illusions

Repression

 

What could happen to me today is out of my hands. Not really do I have a choice but I guess it’ll have to do, at least they haven’t done as much as a greeting yet. It could have been worse.

 

First period thankfully was nothing out of the ordinary, Trigonometry. Yes, except the fact that they make us puke numbers early in the morning.

 

But my instinct can’t help but be on guard, and my mind can’t stop being anxious about what could happen to me. Despite being used to all this, when being vulnerable like most people, I get to imagine the worse things they could do to me. My worst most embarrassing and most brain wrecking (and I do mean that literally) encounter was when they pushed me towards the swimming pool at the gym. I tried to fight off their grip at first but then Heechul, he just took hold of my wrist. I could have run away because right when he intervened, the others let go. But then, looking at Heechul I just stayed there, hoping for something, anything.

 

So my dim-witted daze went from me being pushed towards the pool, loosing my footing, getting my head bumped on the tiled edge and ending up staining the water with my bloody head waiting to drown. Next thing I knew I was waking up in an emergency room with a bandaged head and being scolded by the gym teacher to be more careful because the pool side is slippery. I did want to try slamming his face on it for good measure, yea like he knew the whole story, but frankly I’m too soft and I really didn’t want any more trouble.

 

You could tell me how I could have explained to him the whole reason why I fell but I didn’t want to dig Heechul’s grave, like he’s not doing a pretty good job at it anyway. Am I sounding unreasonable?

 

The school bell brought me back from beyond and realizing I was almost the only one left in the classroom and I’m going to be late for the next if I don’t hurry.

 

Just as I placed a finger on the door handle, I felt a wild sting on my hand and took a step back. My knee jerked as I tried to open the door again, but it hurt my hand to even touch it slightly. I promised myself I’d do well in my classes this year and I intend to keep it even if Heechul’s childish sabotage hinders me from doing so.

 

I grabbed it forcefully, ignoring the short shock from the metal handle, whimpering slightly from the pain, I made my way inside the classroom creating a mirage of indifference as I took the last seat available, beside Heechul, smiling over the throbbing of my hand.

 

I feel like an idiot but I didn’t even think of it once I saw Heechul again after the weekend. Why am I like this? I think I’m going gay, good grief. Let’s be reasonable, he’s a long lost sadistic friend. Let’s not get any more ideas or conclusions. It’s dangerous.

 

 

Towards the middle of the class routine, Heechul falls asleep on the desk, a thick book in front of him, making it seem like he’s reading eagerly from the front.

 

“Keh. I hope he drools all over the table.” Chuckling a bit, I wince as I felt my hand throb again and turn my attention back to the lesson at hand before anyone sees me and think I’m a loon.

 

“Han…”

 

“Han-kyung…ngie”

 

 

My attention moves back at the figure beside me. Did he just?

I strained my ears towards him and struggled not to lean too much, I probably heard wrong or my delusions are just simply catching up to my brain.

I took my time studying his sleeping features; it was for quite some time when I last saw it. How his lips curve slightly down in every soft breath and occasionally the barely noticeable fluttering of his eyelashes. You could say I’m already going too far as a friend, yes I am, but it seems that even though how many times I engrave the words give up, I end up doing otherwise. Sigh.

I didn’t hear anything else coming from him making me think I really was just imagining it. Thankfully I managed to ignore him during the rest of the period.

Anxiety came back to me when lunch break came. I’m sure they cooked me up something I’ll never forget. Well, at least, another one for the album.

 

I leave the classroom with a throbbing hand, ready for anything…maybe.

 

“I should probably get this checked first before I feed myself to the gnomes. Or Cinderella is more likely.”

It doesn’t add up, I know. Well, what then, evil stepmother?

--

 

As I made my way through the halls towards the school cafeteria, my mind drifted back to the party and our conversation just 2 days back.

The way he put it in his subconscious mind, I needed to go after him. He’s not making it easy; hell he said I was stupid. Like I am!

 

He’s the one who taught me how to curse by the way. You don’t go blaming me for that.

 

I see the doors from a short distance and hope I’d get to eat or at least get a few bites off before they decide to do whatever. Or maybe they could just go ahead with it first before I eat, that way I’m sure I won’t puke all over the place. Save the humiliation.

 

Almost to the doors, I felt my arms restricted and me being dragged to…I don’t know.

Oh, so I won’t get to eat then.

--

 

“No, stop! I said to tie him down, not beat him up!” I hear him faintly, my hearing dulled by a loud sting in my ears, my body numbed, lips swollen and…I think my nose is bleeding, I couldn’t really tell.

 

My mind couldn’t exactly think straight at this moment so what Heechul was saying etched a weak smile on my face, not really pondering about what the real reason is; it just made me conclude Heechul didn’t really want me dead or…mm yeah, dead?

 

“What, are you going soft now? I thought you wanted him out your life? Besides, weren’t you the one who damaged his mentally disputed brain just a few months back? Let’s make sure he’ll never wake up this time.”

 

I hear a few conniving laughs and I knew slightly what would happen to me next. Woah, they finally decided to kill me, great. Now I really won’t be able to baby sit Heechul anywhere even if I wanted to. I’m not entirely sure if that’s a good thing.

 

“I think we better not do this Kangin, he’s hurt bad enough.” I hear a tiny voice resembling that of a small child but I’m not entirely sure because, well, do I have to repeat myself?

 

My hearing starts to frail as I, almost unconsciously, hear the footsteps that are walking towards me. They better do this quickly. I hate having to suffer severe lung damage before I die, it just adds up to the hitch, not to mention the humiliation.

 

Am I speaking too casually? I did tell you I was used to it, not that Heechul would help any.

 

I felt cool wind pass my incapable body, smirking as I try to convince myself those last words Heechul spoke were to protect me, even if it is reading entirely between the lines, but he’s just truly not a fan of cheese.

 

Slumped against the cold, gray cement, my energy finally runs out and the last thing I see are legs shifting so fast that, to me, it was only a blur. Then, I think I died.

--

 

I woke up in my room.

Worn down but feeling better. Standing up was a little too hard yet I wanted to see what external damage I have acquired when…

That’s strange, I’m not sure why but I do think I’ve met an accident of some sort, I went to check in on it anyway, all I saw was a faint line bruising on my cheek possibly gone along disappearing towards the end of my ear.

“Can surgery really do this kind of thing these days? Cool”

 

I don’t know why I said that. Oh , the world has gone mad.

 

Adding up to that sudden hysteria, I think my feet want to drag me off somewhere, more so, I dress up and leave.

 

 

“Enjoy your meal sir.” I don’t know why but I’m starting to feel a little woozy from the sudden time warp or whatever warp world dimension trickity trick happened.

 

My name is Hankyung, I am an average citizen of South Korea, job preference being an accountant in a local company branch office just 3 blocks away from the house I bought after my first pay. I live with a dog named Bada, I excel in cooking and I love to read books. I dislike cats exceptionally, my parents are Chinese and they know of my bestfriend named Choi Siwon. And I am married.

 

“Are you sure you’re feeling alright now Honey? That was a nasty fall.” she offers a weak smile as she let me close a little of the space between her and the table to talk more privately. I run a finger down her soft hair whilst playing with her right ear, I see the earring I gave her during our anniversary and my heart ran paces.

“You’re beautiful.” Being a romantic, I’d know those carefully uttered words are the only reassurance she needs. All my life she made me feel like nothing in the world could ever ruin the happiness we’ve built. At least that’s what I think but…

 

“There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you sweetie, for quite some time now, I hope you take it as well as I did. I’m just going to go ahead and say it alright?” I nod and stare at her wide-eyed and enthusiastic. Still a hand under her ear, I play with her hair slightly to ease any doubt she might have, I watch her lips move and froze.

 

“I’m pregnant.” She smiles. I smile. But then it turns more of a scene from a horror movie rather than a blissful celebration of life. I watch her stand so slowly, lips still curved in a smile that clearly resembles more that of a hyena than of a person, her brows deeply carved, the layers embossed from her skin and her voice hoarse as she spoke.

 

“You’re not leaving me anymore Hankyung. Hankyung…”

 

As I back away from the threat my wife has become, I dawned on a sudden jolt of memory that carefully made its way to the back of my mind.

 

You never came after me, did you?

 


 

A/N: OMG please don't kill me! I was also getting confused myself when I was writing this. But it will be short-lived trust me. It will have been explained to you by the time you finish Chapter 6 but keep on pondering for now :) Although I bet everyone would get this. Or I hope at least.

Oaww was that a hint of Heechul's love? I'm not gonna tellzz! XP