The Invitation

The Virtuoso

 

Ellie’s POV:

                I was starting to get paranoid. It had been about a week since I met Taemin and Amber, and Amber still hadn’t contacted me. She had my phone number and I didn’t have hers, so there wasn’t much I could do. I didn’t want to go to the next music lesson because I thought it would be rude—since I wasn’t invited and whatnot. What if Amber forgot or even worse, what if she really didn’t want to be my friend. Did she actually hate me? Did Taemin hate me, too? I know I’m just over thinking things, but I really want Amber to at least text me SOMETHING…

                I sighed and plopped down on my bed. Summer was boring. I hated school, but at least it kept me busy. Sitting around all day and having no one to hang out with is pretty depressing. I picked up my phone and unlocked it.

Nothing.

                I decided to forget about it for now. It was almost midnight anyway. I’m sure she wouldn’t text me this late. I closed my eyes and put my head back against a pillow. I wasn’t tired, so I just started thinking about Taemin and replaying everything that happened. His voice was angelic. Just thinking about it made me smile.

BzztBzzt.

My eyes flew open. My phone’s screen was lit up. I picked it up.

One new message.

It was an unknown number. I opened it.

12:07 : Hey, um, it’s Amber. Remember me? ;P Lol. Sorry I haven’t texted you earlier, but I wasn’t really sure if I would be bugging you. Anyway, would you like to come over and have dinner with Taemin, Kibum, and I tomorrow? You haven’t met Kibum yet, and I thought we should all get to know each other… Well that sounded kinda creepy XD Anyway, sorry to text you so late! Let me know!

~Amber:D

I laughed at the text. She felt just as awkward as me, and I don’t blame her. I was really excited. Of course I wanted to have dinner with them! I could meet this Kibum… And see Taemin… I immediately texted her back.

12:09 : It’s alright, I know how you feel, lol. I would love to have dinner with you guys :) What time should I be there? ~Ellie

                I sent it and didn’t think about what I wrote. I hope I didn’t sound weird. She texted back immediately.

12:11 : Hmm… How about 4? You can stay as long as you like, we can just all hang out or whatever you wanna call it. xD

Four sounded good. I think I could get a ride from my mom or sister, hopefully.

12:13 : Sure 4 is fine :D See you then!

BzztBzzt.

12:14 : Alrighty! See ya :D

                I locked my phone and let out a sigh. I finally didn’t have to be paranoid about that anymore. Now I was paranoid about hanging out with people I didn’t know well yet…

Taemin’s POV:

                I was in my room trying to compose a melody that had been floating around in my head all day. There was no way I would get any sleep until I had it saved on my laptop.

KIBUMMMMMMMM!!! TAEMINNNNN!!!! COME OVER HERE!!!”

                I jumped from hearing Amber scream across the hall. I closed the laptop and opened my bedroom door. Kibum was doing the same, except he looked much grumpier than me.

“DAMMIT, AMBER SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO SLEEP!”

Yup, he was grumpy. He also had a pink sleeping mask on his head. I wanted to laugh but I didn’t feel like getting punched right now. He looked down the hallway at me and had a horrified expression planted on his face.

“YAHHH, GROSS!! Taemin, put on a goddamn shirt. You’re too scrawny to be walking around like that!”

I blushed immediately and ran back in my room to grab a shirt. I always forgot when I wasn’t wearing one. Kibum didn’t have to be so harsh about it… I walked back out of my room and over towards Amber’s. Kibum followed me. Amber stepped out and leaned against the doorframe.

“Okay… So guess what?”

Kibum rolled his eyes.

“I invited Ellie over for dinner tomorrow. With all of us.”

                I gasped. Kibum immediately changed from a grumpy diva to an excited child. He squealed and bounced around. I gulped.

“THIS IS GREAT!! I finally get to meet this mysterious Ellie. I’ll do my best at cooking! Taemin, I’m going to make you look super handsome. Should I dye your hair again? I think I will… Oh what should you wear? What should I wear?...”

                I sighed loudly and leaned against the wall. I shouldn’t be so nervous, but I’m more nervous than I’ve ever been. I wasn’t even like this at my first piano recital.

“Kibum, calm down. It’s just dinner. I’m not going to a party. I’m sure everything will be, um, fine.”

                I was almost shaking. I never thought about getting a girl to like me before, or even getting her phone number. Or even worse… Asking her on a date. My stomach got all knotted just thinking about it. Kibum and Amber were both looking at me.

“… Are you alright, buddy? You look a little sick…”

Amber was concerned. Kibum patted my back.

“He’s fineeeee. He’s just nervous, is all. You’ll be fine, Taemin, I promise.”

                I nodded slowly. Amber shrugged and went back in her room. Kibum did the same. I turned my heel and walked slowly back to my room. There was no way I was getting any sleep tonight. 

~~

Sorry, kind of a boring and expected chapter. Thanks for reading, anyway XD <3