That Night

The Virtuoso

 

Ellie’s POV:

                When I had to leave, all three of them walked me to the door. Amber winked and gave me a thumbs up. I had to hold in my laughter. Taemin and Kibum waved goodbye, and I waved back. My mom was waiting in the drive way. I was smiling. Taemin might actually be… Interested in me? I didn’t know what else to think.

                When I got home, I closed my door, dropped my bag, and let out an excited squeal I had been holding in for too long.

He really did it! He ACTUALLY asked for my phone number!

                Honestly, I couldn’t comprehend it. Boys… Never approached me. Ever. What could I possibly have done to spark Taemin’s interest? I had no idea, but I wasn’t about to complain.

I’m pretty sure I fell asleep smiling.

Taemin’s POV:

I shut the door after Ellie had driven away. I was afraid to turn around, but I did.

                Amber and Kibum were standing in the exact same position—arms crossed with overly done smiles on their faces. I looked down at the ground to hide my blushing.

“YOU ACTUALLY DID IT! YOU ASKED A GIRL FOR HER PHONE NUMBER!” Kibum screamed with delight.

He slapped me on the back and twirled me around. I escaped from his arms and ran to the couch in the other room. I couldn’t face them right now. I was so embarrassed it hurt. Amber strolled in casually and sat down next to me. She turned and looked me in the eyes.

“Well, you did it. Considering you ACTUALLY found the courage to do so, I’m assuming you really like Ellie. I’m willing to help you out from now on. I pinky promise.”

She offered me her pinky, and we interlocked them, pressing our thumbs together. I always trusted Amber, no matter what she did, so I knew she would help me. She was right; I really liked Ellie. A lot. A LOT. I never tried to win a girl’s heart before, and it was going to be a long, difficult process, especially since I never liked a girl before to begin with.

I went upstairs and collapsed on my bed. I took out my phone and stared at her contact.

“Ellie :)”

There was no way I could text her. Not tonight. I didn’t want to freak her out with the Korean customs I was used to.  

                I decided I would go to bed early, considering I hadn’t slept at all the night before. I was so happy, I’m pretty sure I fell asleep with a smile playing on my lips.

~

Teeheeheeheehee!

                Me eyes shot open and I sat straight up in bed. Who was giggling? Aish. I looked over at the bright digits on the alarm clock to find it was around five in the morning. I got out of bed and peeked out my bedroom door. The light in Kibum’s room was on. I groaned.

                This happened around once a month. Kibum would stay up all night in order to talk to Jonghyun’s convenience. He was so LOUD. Omo, seriously this gay man was getting on my nerves.

I stomped down the hall and pounded on Kibum’s door.

“Hey, keep it down. I’m trying to sleep for once.” I grumbled angrily.

Kibum giggled again and I heard muffled conversation in Korean.

“Hehehe! Oh it’s just Taemin complaining about our conversation. Now what were you saying, love?”

I could gag at him being all frilly like that. Not that he isn’t frilly to begin with, but around his boyfriend, it gets a whole lot worse.

“YAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! REALLYYYY???? I CAN’T WAIT!!!!”

Kibum was screaming now. I had to put my hands over my ears.

A door slammed. Amber stomped down the hall, and I laughed. Her hair was all messy. She shoved me out of the way and slammed Kibum’s door open. Jonghyun and Kibum were Skyping.

“IF YOU DON’T SHUT THE HELL UP, I WILL BREAK YOUR COMPUTER. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! Oh and hi Jonghyun, how are you? I’m not mad at you, just Kibum.” Amber screamed, but sweetly questioned Jonghyun. I heard his muffled laughter through the speakers.

                I stepped in the room. Jonghyun looked like himself—like an innocent puppy. I honestly didn’t know how he and Kibum fit together. I didn’t even know Jonghyun was gay at first. You couldn’t notice at first glance. He was as manly as ever, and Kibum was so… Feminine. More feminine than Amber, really, and Amber’s a girl.

Kibum pretended to zip his lips to annoy Amber. She grumbled.

“Yahh I’m sorry, Amber. Jonghyun just told me he was visiting earlier than expected and I was excited.” Kibum explained. Amber gasped and got excited as well. I was pretty happy myself.

                I had known Jonghyun for a long time. We practiced a lot together. He was a singer, and like a big brother to me, while Kibum was more of a mother figure, I suppose.

“When are you going to get here???” Amber asked excitedly, “I’ve missed you, bro!” Jonghyun is Amber’s twin brother. Somehow we all managed to meet and become friends.

“Ahh—I think I’ll be getting there sometime in mid-July. I have some work to wrap up. Hey Taeminnie! I didn’t even see you back there.” Jonghyun joked.

I smiled and stepped closer to the screen. “Hey, Jonghyun hyung. So… You’re coming in mid-July then?”

Jonghyun nodded. “Yup! I can’t wait to see you guys!”

Amber and Kibum had big smiles on their faces. Kibum suddenly gasped out of nowhere.

“Jjong!!! I forgot to tell you, Taemin found a girl he likes!!!”

My eyes widened and I sunk to the floor to hide my face. I was blushing madly again.

Jonghyun gasped. “AIGO!! Really?? I’m so proud of my little Taeminnie!”

I slowly put my head back in the shot. Hearing those words from Jonghyun made me feel confident.It made me feel better for some reason. He always supported everything I did and it was really uplifting.

~

Amber, Kibum, and I talked well into the morning with Jonghyun. He had to leave for a performance, so we had to let him go. Amber and I left first so Jonghyun and Kibum could have their “private” goodbye.

I went to bed again at the break of dawn, this time having two things to smile about.

---

FINALLYY I was able to write a small chapter XD Thanks for reading :)