Kibum Returns

The Virtuoso

 

Taemin’s POV:

                The door slammed against the wall and probably put a hole in it, judging from the power of Kibum’s combat-booted kick. He had groceries in his arms that he dropped right in the entryway. Amber looked angry.

“Jesus, Kibum, what got your in a wad?”

                He pulled off his oversized sunglasses and gave his famous glare. She looked like she regretted saying it.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! But seriously, why are you being more of a drama queen than usual?”

He sighed and leaned against the doorframe.

“UGH. I am just SO SICK of this place. I can’t even go grocery shopping without people staring at me. I know I’m stunning, but they don’t have to look at me like a freak.”

                Amber and I looked at each other and made gagging faces. Kibum just punched us both in the shoulders as a reply.

                Of course people were going to stare at him. He was wearing hot pink cheetah print skinny jeans. He had bleached hair and the side of his head was shaved. It wasn’t very hard to miss him. My shoulder ached from his punch. I thought he was done complaining, but he wasn’t.

“I MISS MY JJONGIE! I should have just dragged him with us. I’m getting sick of you two.”

We were already annoying him, so why not continue? I ran up to him like a child and hugged him around the waist.

“YOU KNOW YOU LOVE USSSSSSS!!!”

He chuckled as a reply and ruffled my hair.

“Okay, maybe Taemin isn’t so bad. But this woman over here…”

Amber came up and punched him. I let go of Kibum and they started cursing each other out in English. They always did that, and I would just sit back and laugh. Their cat fights always amused me. They would end up making up like always.

It didn’t last long. They went back to laughing and talking five minutes later.

“—Amber I’m sorry for calling you a .”

“It’s okay. You do it every day so I get used to it.”

They laughed. Amber then looked at me and wiggled her eyebrows again.

Oh no. She’s going to tell him.

I ran over to her and slapped my hand over my mouth. She bit it.

“—BY THE WAY KIBUM, TAEMIN HAS A…”

I slapped my hand over again. I didn’t care if she bit it this time. Kibum looked excited.

“A WHAT? HE HAS A WHAT? TAEMIN MOVE YOUR HAND!”

He pried my hand off .

“—A CRUSH!”

Kibum gasped. He then smiled and started bouncing up and down.

“YES YES YES! I was starting to think he was a eunuch. THIS IS WONDERFUL! WHAT’S HER NAME? Or his name…”

I blushed and blurted out.

“IT’S NOT A BOY. Her name is Ellie…”

I slapped my hand over my own mouth. Why did I tell him? Ugh.

He picked me up and started spinning around.

“FINALLY! MY TAEMINNIE HAS FOUND SOMEONE HE LIKES! I need to meet her and approve. Where did you meet her anyway? I’m assuming she’s a foreign girl? AIGO! This is so special! I’m going to go browse some wedding dresses…”

I escaped his arms and hid my face. I’m sure it was beet red.

“I… I barely know her, Kibum. Don’t say things like that. She’s my music teacher’s daughter.”

I peeked behind my hands to see Kibum glowing with joy.

“OMOOO YOU’RE SO CUTE!! Don’t be embarrassed! I remember my first crush…”

                I wasn’t interested in hearing the story of his first love. I wasn’t in the mood. I was upset with Amber at the moment because she said she wouldn’t tell anyone, and then of course she goes and tells Kibum. And he was still blabbing…

“—and then I decided I didn’t like him anymore anyway. SO. Did you ask her on a date? Did you? Huh? Huh?”

My patience had reached its limit.

“AISH!! NO!! I DIDN’T ASK HER ON A DATE!! Amber told me she wouldn’t give me Ellie’s phone number so I have to do it myself. SHE PROBABLY DOESN’Y EVEN LIKE ME TO BEGIN WITH!”

Kibum’s expression changed and he stopped being annoying for a second.

“Taeminnie, I’m sure she likes you! Now man up and get her phone number next time. I don’t want to see you get hurt, either. If she does hurt you, I’ll punch her right in the face.”

“Aish, stop saying things like that, Kibum. You can’t just punch random people in the face.”

He threw his head back and laughed.

“Whatever you say, Taemin. Now come help me put the groceries away so I can get dinner started on time. AMBER YOU TOO!”

Amber snuck away while Kibum was talking to me. Kibum cursed her under his breath and ran upstairs to find her. I started picking up groceries. At the same time, I thought about Ellie and how I would ever manage to get her to go on a date with me.

~

Yayy thanks for reading! Just a warning, I'm pretty sure this story is going to be immensly long. Ugh. Making Key a diva is so much fun XD