Ellie (Taemin's POV of chapter 3)

The Virtuoso

 

Taemin’s POV:

                I laid my fingers lightly on the keys of my piano, and just started playing. I closed my eyes and focused on playing something happy, hoping to express how glad I was to finally be in America. Amber was here, Kibum was here, and Jonghyun would be visiting soon. I let the musical feelings in my mind run free through my piano. I could feel my new teacher’s eyes looking down at my hands as I moved them across the keys. I really hoped he could help me become even better.

Ring… Ding… Dong…

                My eyes flew open. Someone rang the doorbell? I wasn’t expecting that. No one has come near our house ever since we moved in two weeks ago. Amber, Kibum, and I, that is. I looked up at my teacher and excused myself. He nodded. He appeared to be in some kind of daze. Did my song anger him? I was worried.

                I slid off the bench and jogged to the front door and opened it. I stood frozen in awe. The most beautiful foreign girl I’d ever seen stood in front of me. My mouth was about to drop open, but I kept it from falling. She had naturally light brown hair that fell to her shoulders and curled at the ends. Her gorgeous blue eyes  looked up at me nervously. She looked uncomfortable. I decided I should speak.

“Ah… Annyeong hasyeo! Uh, I uh mean hello! Can I help you?”

Wow. I greeted her in Korean. That was stupid.

                She giggled. It was adorable, and I could tell she was embarrassed. I couldn’t stop smiling at that.

                “Uh—I—I’m really s-sorry for interrupting, but ah—that’s my dad in there. I was, um, in the car waiting for him to finish. And uhm… Uhm… I was wondering if—COULD I PLEASE USE YOUR BATHROOM?!”

                She was speaking fast and I had a hard time understanding. Why was she so worried? I looked down at the ground and smiled even bigger. She was so cute. My teacher never said he had a daughter. I was glad I got to meet her, though. She was definitely beautiful.

“Uhm, I’m sorry all I really understood was my new teacher is your father and you have to use my bathroom. Please come in.”

                I ended up sounding colder than I intended. I hoped she wouldn’t notice. I didn’t want her to think I always acted like that.

“—Ah, thank you so much.”

                She stepped inside and looked around. I was panicking. Should I walk next to her or lead her? I wanted to be as close to her ideal type as possible.

WHAT?! Did I just say… HER IDEAL TYPE? I’ve never felt like this…

I led her to the right where the bathroom was. I was too embarrassed at myself to speak.

“Um, so are you Taemin?”

Omo… Now what?

I looked over my shoulder and nodded. I couldn’t think of anything else to do. I really wanted to keep up this conversation.

“Yes. What is your name? Your father didn’t mention he had a daughter.”

                Aish… I kept sounding so uninterested. I really was interested. I wanted to learn as much about her as possible.

“My name’s Eleanor. I don’t like it at all, so you can call me Ellie. And seriously, I’m really sorry I barged in like this.”

Ellie.

I smiled and let out a little laugh. I loved her name. I never heard anything like it.

“Hi, Ellie, it’s nice to meet you. And it’s okay, you don’t have to be upset.”

That was better.

                We had been standing in front of the bathroom door for awhile because I really wanted to keep talking to her. I decided I better leave before things got uncomfortable. I extended my hand to the door. She thanked me, and I nodded in reply. As I walked away, there was only one thought running through my mind:

Ellie.