Tiffany Hwang, Doctor of Love

Unexpected Love

Aish, sorry for the late update. I just started high school! D: Ah, either way, I hope this makes up for the long period of no updating. :)

Thanks for all the comments; I read every single one, even if I don't reply, okay? <3

And sorry that it's moving slowly, but it's wrapping up soon, really!

There's gonna be a chapter for the rehearsal, and then a chapter for SMTOWN Paris, and then we'll see from there. :D

And this is unedited, I didn't have time to check for mistakes. D:

- Jessica


"Rise and shine!"

"Ughh..."

"We have rehearsal all day today, so you might as well try to be cheery." Tiffany gave Hyoyeon her famous eye-smile, then noticed immediately that Hyoyeon wasn't in a good mood. "Hyo, get up. Please?"

"No."

Tiffany huffed, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Okay, so I come back to the hotel and find you sleeping early and now you're not getting up? Come on, I know you, and you always get up."

"I'm really tired."

"Lie," Tiffany said automatically, getting up from the bed and stripping the sheets off of Hyoyeon. "Kim Hyoyeon, get up now, or tell me what's wrong."

Hyoyeon opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling for a few moments. Glancing at Tiffany for a second or two, she rose from the bed, almost like a dead person rising from a coffin. She stayed in her sitting position for a while, until she heard Tiffany's aggravated sigh.

"Hyo, please talk to me."

"It's Eunhyuk," she mumbled eventually, her head down.

"What did he do?!" Tiffany exclaimed, strung up. "If he hurt you in any way, I swear--"

"No, he didn't hurt me." Hyoyeon looked at Tiffany guiltily. "I hurt him."

"W-What?" Tiffany stuttered a bit, frowning deeply. "What did you do?"

"Let's talk about it at breakfast." Hyoyeon resolved, hopping off of the bed and trudging to the bathroom wearily. The door slammed shut, and Tiffany heard the sound of water running from the shower.

"Morning, Fany!" Taeyeon greeted, walking into the hotel room. "The girls are already downstairs eating and--" the leader noticed Tiffany's confused and worried expression and rushed up to the girl, worried also. Placing reassuring and comforting hands on the younger girl's shoulders, Taeyeon breathed deeply.

"What happened?"

"I don't know," Tiffany answered honestly, biting her lip. "Something with Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon, but..."

Taeyeon nodded, not knowing the situation, but letting Tiffany know telepathically that if this was something Hyoyeon told to her, only she could fix it. Taeyeon would stay out of it, and let Tiffany work out this problem. "I'll be downstairs."

"I'll be down soon; I'm waiting for Hyo." Tiffany responded.

"Yeah, alright. See you soon then."


SNSD's table was unusually quiet once Hyoyeon and Tiffany joined the other girls. The awkwardness and tension was something that was never found when the group was together. Normally, it was loud, energetic, and cheerful. Today, it was solemn, quiet, and extremely, extremely awkward. Even Sooyoung was eating quietly, keeping her eyes on her food. Yoona and Yuri whispered inaudibly between each other, and Sunny was texting under the table. Jessica had decided to sit with the Super Junior oppas, along with Taeyeon, while Seohyun just kept giving Hyoyeon anxious looks.

Yoona coughed, breaking the terrible silence. "H-Hyo, are you okay?"

Hyoyeon just nodded, without looking at her dongsaeng.

"She's fine." Tiffany spoke up softly, trying to reassure Yoona.

"If you say so..." Yoona murmured, stabbing her fork into the eggs dejectedly.

"Hyoyeon-unnie, don't hide things from us; please." Seohyun pleaded, looking abnormally sad.

"I'll tell you girls everything at rehearsal. I promise." Hyoyeon tried to smile a little, but failed enormously. Yuri took notice and smiled back slightly.

"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to."

Tiffany raised an eyebrow at Yuri. "Really, Yul? Even if it's about her love life with Eunhyuk-oppa?"

Yuri's eyes bulged and she resumed eating her food without another word. Sooyoung also looked very interested, stealing some glances at Eunhyuk, who was across the room.

Hyoyeon laughed a little. "I promise, I will tell you girls."

"Pinky promise?"

The remaining five girls at the table whipped their heads towards the sound of the voice, finding Seohyun at its core. She was holding her pinky out to Hyoyeon, looking stubborn.

"I promise, Seo."

"Pinky."

This made the girls burst out into little fits of giggles; their maknae could be so persistent and childish, yet adorable sometimes.

Hyoyeon locked pinkies with the maknae. "Pinky promise."

"I'll be holding that against you, unnie." Seohyun folded her arms, totally serious.

"You do that, Seo."

"I will."

Tiffany smiled, glad that the mood was now a bit lighter, and that the tension had eased. She stood up and pushed her chair in. "I'll be right back."

"Going to talk to them?" Sooyoung nodded her head in Super Junior's direction.

Hyoyeon looked up at Tiffany nervously.

"Yeah, but don't worry, Hyo. I'm not talking to Eunhyuk, okay?" Tiffany patted Hyoyeon's head and headed straight towards the other side of the room.

Super Junior and Taeyeon and Jessica saw Hyoyeon coming and immediately grew silent.

Tiffany was a little irritated at this, wondering if they were possibly talking about Hyoyeon, or maybe even her, but she shoved that thought aside. It wasn't about her today; it was about Hyoyeon.

"Hey, F--"

"Come with me." Tiffany instructed to Donghae, cutting Taeyeon off and grabbing the member of Super Junior before he could answer.

"No hello?" Donghae grinned playfully.

"Hi; you happy?" Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"Why so crabby this morning, Tiffany?" Donghae pouted.

Tiffany walked right out of the conference room and pulled Donghae on to the wall. She stood a few feet away from him and began pacing back and forth, one of her habits.

"Okay, what's going on?" Donghae asked, turning serious.

"I need to know what happened with Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon." Tiffany said bluntly, getting right to the point. "I know you know, because you're his best friend."

"So what if I know?" Donghae countered. "That's not for you to know."

"Oh, I think it is." Tiffany narrowed her eyes at the male. "Hyoyeon won't be telling me anything for a few hours, but I doubt she'll tell me the whole story, since she loves keeping things to herself. So you need to tell me what happened yesterday."

"Eunhyuk told me not to--"

"Tell anyone?" Tiffany finished. "Typical of him, but come on, tell me?"

Donghae puffed his cheeks out, his eyes going all around the lobby. "I dunno..."

"Please, Donghae-oppa?" Tiffany begged, her voice sounding sweeter and turning more high-pitched with each word. Donghae huffed at the girl in frustration.

"I told you to never use aegyo on me." Donghae whined.

"Who says I listen to you?" Tiffany scoffed, giving Donghae an eye-smile. "Oppa~"

"Ugh, just stop it with the eye-smiling!" Donghae slapped his hands over his face in defeat, groaning to himself.

Tiffany clapped her hands joyfully. "Will you tell me then?"

"You just harrassed me with aegyo; I don't know, should I?" Donghae retorted sarcastically.

"Donghae, come on!" Tiffany slapped his chest.

"OW!" Donghae cried, putting a hand over his chest. "Since when did you become violent? What happened to you being nice?"

"If one of the girls is going through a boy problem, my nice act vanishes, Lee Donghae." Tiffany put a hand on her hip expectantly. "So?"

Donghae sighed, sliding down the wall and sitting on the ground. Tiffany mirrored him and sat down on the cold lobby floor across from him. "Okay, so I guess Eunhyuk confessed to Hyoyeon--"

Tiffany let out a gasp, her eyes wide and surprised at this statement.

"You knew he liked her, right?" Donghae poked Tiffany in the forehead, chuckling.

"Well, it was obvious. I just didn't think he'd take the initiative." Tiffany shrugged, "Continue, please!"

Donghae looked at her. "That's it."

"That's it?" Tiffany echoed, confusion spreading over her features.

"Hyoyeon didn't say anything, and that's what tore Eunhyuk up, I guess. She didn't accept his confession, but she didn't reject him either."

"That's..." Tiffany stood up quickly, losing her balance and almost falling, if not for Donghae, who caught her by the arm. She smiled. "Thanks."

Donghae grinned back. "You were saying?"

"That's so stupid!" Tiffany cried in disbelief. "They're both upset over something like this, that could be resolved so simply and easily?"

"How do you propose we do that, Doctor Tiffany?" Donghae laughed teasingly, poking her in the arm.

"Hyoyeon likes him; you have to be blind not to see that." Tiffany tapped a finger on her chin thoughtfully. "See, but Hyoyeon isn't the type who accepts confessions. She hasn't been in a relationship, so she's probably afraid of getting hurt."

"Eunhyuk would never hurt her!" Donghae shouted, defending his friend. Tiffany slapped her hand over his mouth in irritation.

"Do you want everyone in SM to hear us?!"

"...No," came Donghae's muffled response.

Tiffany removed her hand and sighed heavily. "I'll think of something."

"Good luck, Doctor of Love."

Tiffany gave Donghae a weird look and giggled. "I'm not a love doctor."

"You might as well be." Donghae rolled his eyes.

"Hyung, what have you been doing out here with Tiffany-noona?"

The pair jumped back, frightened by the voice that seemingly came from nowhere. Standing at the doorway was Minho, looking at the two of them suspiciously.

"Just friends talking, Minho," Donghae answered casually.

Minho began to grin evilly. "I get it, hyung, you don't need to elaborate." he sprinted back into the conference/breakfast room, before either of them could react.

"Yah, Choi Minho! It's not what you think!" Tiffany roared, charging after him.

Donghae just shook his head at the girl, chuckling to himself. He meandered back into the room, sliding back into his chair nonchalantly.

"What were you doing with Tiffany?" Jessica demanded instantaneously.

"Talking," Donghae replied truthfully, popping a strawberry from the fruit basket into his mouth.

"I seriously doubt it, you playboy." Jessica glared.

"Calm down, don't get your in a twist."

Jessica directed her fury towards Kim Heechul and raised an eyebrow dangerously. "Oh, I'll twist something of yours, Heechul--"

"You're picking a fight with me?" Heechul laughed, amused at the challenge.

"Heechul, sit." Leeteuk ordered.

"You too, Sica." Taeyeon added.

"Stop parenting us!" Jessica and Heechul cried to their leaders simultaneously.

"Jinx!" Ryeowook called out randomly.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the childish man and began a conversation with Shindong.

"What really happened?" Sungmin whispered to Donghae, ignoring the shouts of the leaders and of Heechul and Jessica.

"What do you mean?"

"You and Tiffany!" Yesung said, joining the conversation.

"Oh god, you really think something happened?" Donghae pouted.

Eunhyuk was getting up from the table, appearing to head over to SHINee's table. Donghae leaned in closer to Sungmin and Yesung. "Tiff's making a plan to bring Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon together."

"Seriously?" Sungmin questioned skeptically.

Yesung looked giddy. "Awesome! I hate the depressing Eunhyuk."

Donghae nodded, watching the lifeless Eunhyuk over at SHINee's table.

"I just really hope that whatever she thinks of, it works."