Morning Blues

Unexpected Love

Downstairs in a private room in the lobby, a few of the SM artists were already seated, eating their breakfast that consisted of croissants, juice, jelly doughnuts, eggs, and sausage. A few of the hotel staff were going around, making sure everyone was satisfied, but since they did not understand Korean, they didn't know for sure.

"Ah~ What IS this?" Sooyoung complained rather loudly, flanked on each side by Yoona and Yuri.

"Food," Kyuhyun chuckled darkly, taking a seat by Yoona.

"I want Korean food! Ramen!" Sooyoung demanded, banging her fist on the table.

"Choi Sooyoung, stop that right now!" Yoona hissed, glancing up worriedly. "The hotel guy's coming over now; look what you did!"

"Is anything wrong?" the man asked politely in heavily accented English.

Sooyoung opened to retort, but Yoona quickly clamped her hand over it, shaking her head furiously.

"No, thank you." Yuri responded in her accented English, giving the man a charming smile.

Flushing, the man scurried off to another table, where all the SHINee members were sitting, eating glumly.

"If you want Korean food, then go out and get some." Kyuhyun said, rolling his eyes. He took a bite out of a croissant. "These aren't that bad anyway..."

"Where's the rice?" Taemin asked, his voice echoing from across the room.

"France doesn't have rice." Key told him in an irritated tone.

"Why not?" Taemin questioned innocently.

"They just don't!" Key fired back, slamming his glass of orange juice down on the table ferociously.

Taemin blinked. "But I need rice."

Minho patted Taemin consolingly on the head. "Just eat."

"See?" Sooyoung gestured to SHINee's table. "I'm not the only one who can't eat this stuff!"

"It's bread--you like bread, right?" Yuri asked, stuffing herself with croissants.

"Yeah, red buns with bean paste, not this." Sooyoung pouted.

"Such a complainer~" Kyuhyun sighed, continuing to eat quietly.

Once the hotel man thought that everyone was satisfied with their breakfasts, he quickly strode out of the room, too intimidated by all of the attractive idols.

"Hm, he finally left." Sooyoung said.

"Sooyoung!" Yoona scolded, smacking her friend on the arm.

"Guys, guys!" Ryeowook called excitedly, rushing into the room, his arms carrying an extra-large wok that concealed his face.

"What's that?" Sooyoung jumped up excitedly, rushing over to Ryeowook's side. She was soon joined by the others, who peered at the wok curiously.

Kyuhyun was grinning. "You didn't..."

"I did!" Ryeowook smiled, setting the wok down on an empty table. He removed the lid. "Ta-da~ Fried rice for everybody!"

Sooyoung and Taemin both cheered excitedly, attacking Ryeowook with hugs.

"Thank goodness..." Onew moaned.

"I thought you said you liked it." Jonghyun frowned at the leader.

"Hey, I'm allowed to lie, right?"

Jonghyun snickered, as he turned back to Ryeowook. "Hyung, where'd you get this?"

Kyuhyun pulled Sooyoung and Taemin off of Ryeowook so he could speak. "Well, I wandered into the kitchen by mistake, thinking it was the bathroom." Ryeowook smiled sheepishly.

"Smooth," Kyuhyun commented.

"Go on!" Yuri urged.

"They started getting angry at me, but I just kept bowing and apologizing, and I managed to charm them with my smiles." Ryeowook grinned.

"Very nice," Yoona nodded approvingly, laughing with the others.

"So I offered to show them how to make Korean food and they just agreed."

"The power of being an idol..." Key sighed contentedly.

Ryeowook continued his story, "They only had rice, though, so I just had to make do with what they had."

Sooyoung inhaled deeply. "Well, it smells great, so you did awesome!" she gave him a thumbs-up.

"I'm impressed, Ryeowook." Kyuhyun nodded. "You're becoming more like me every day."

"Oh, we don't need another Kyuhyun around here." Yoona rolled her eyes teasingly.

"Morning~" Hyoyeon greeted everyone with a grin, walking in. She immediately noticed the fried rice and her eyes bulged. "Whoa, they made that?"

"Ryeowook-oppa made it!" Sooyoung said, giving herself a big serving on rice.

"Oh, I managed to get some chopsticks, too." Ryeowook pulled many pairs of chopsticks from inside her jacket pocket and placed them next to the food.

Hyoyeon chuckled and shook her head. "I'm not gonna ask; let's eat!"

Everyone cheered and helped themselves to the fried rice. Plates and chopsticks were passed around and soon, everyone was smiling and sighing in content.

"Ryeowook-hyung, you're the best!" Taemin called, making a heart with his arms.

"This is the best...thing...I've ever...tasted." Sooyoung said, pausing each time to swallow her food and put more in .

Ryeowook smiled. "Is it?"

"She's just saying that." Hyoyeon giggled.

"Oh, here comes Eunhyuk!" Yoona announced.

"Whoa, fried rice!" Eunhyuk cried in delight.

"Don't ask, just eat." Kyuhyun demanded.

Eunhyuk shrugged and took a seat by Hyoyeon after he got his food. "Hey." he said softly.

Hyoyeon managed a small smile back. "Hey."

"Ooh, what's with this tension?" Yuri raised her eyebrows suggestively.

Hyoyeon glared. "Yah, Kwon Yuri!"

Yuri quickly dodged Hyoyeon's flying sausage. She gaped. "You threw a sausage at me!"

Eunhyuk was stifling his laughter and Hyoyeon grinned triumphantly. "Yeah, I did."

Yuri made a noise of displeasure and pouted, eating her food and conversing with Yoona.

"This is gonna be a very interesting trip..." Kyuhyun murmured quietly to himself, watching Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk exchange smiles with each other.

 

Wow, thanks for all the comments, guys! :)

I won't give up on this story, not when I've just started, hehe.

Hope this chapter makes up for the shorter one!