Chapter 1~

Falling Into The Unknown

 

Chapter 1:

 

The night sky was so dark, with not a single star, but a faint shadow of the almost-diminished moon to guide me. My footsteps quickened until I reached a familiar road. I looked behind me to reassure my frightened self that no one was following me. When I didn’t even see the trace of a mouse, I let out a huge sigh of relief.

I’m going insane. I’m 16 years old and afraid of the dark.

I shook my head at my childish fear, and walked into the kitchen when I reached my house. I was surprised to see my anxious mom still sitting up with tired eyes.

When she saw me, she stood up in an instant, bolting me with questions, “Where have you been missy? It’s 2:30 in the morning, and you didn’t even call! Do you know how worried I was?! How could you stay out this late, and walking around God knows where in the middle of the night?”

“I was ju-” I tried to respond before she cut me off.

“That’s it. I don’t want to hear your excuses anymore, they’re so tiring Lee Kari. Go to bed.” She walked upstairs without a goodnight, and I heard her door slam, signaling her retreat for the night. 

I went to the sink and got a glass of water to wash down the lingering taste of alcohol. My mom probably already knows about my distasteful habits, but is just too ashamed and disappointed to confront me about them. My name is Lee Kari, I’m 16, it’s summer, and I party. I don’t smoke, I don’t hook up with guys. I just drink and mess around. I come home extremely late almost every night, or I guess you could say very early in the morning, whichever way you want to look at it, and my parents ignore me most of the time. School starts in a couple weeks, and my parents still don’t know what to do with me. I don’t really care about their opinions though, it’s my life, and I’ll live the way I want to. My name is Lee Kari, I’m 16, and I’m hopeless, at least in my parent’s eyes. I shut the kitchen lights off and ran, due to my fear of the dark, to my room to get some sleep. As soon as my head hit the fuzzy, purple pillow, my body drowned into a land of dreams.

 

Short chapter, I know, I'm sorry! I'll put up the next chapter in a little while, I promise! Anyways, I hope you like my story, it'll get better soon, pinky promise! Comment, subscribe, or just read silently, as long as you enjoy it! Xoxoxoxoxoxo. <3

-SiwonsGirl96