Chapter 6~

Falling Into The Unknown

Kari’s P.O.V.

I woke up and looked around at the familiar walls.

But didn’t I fall asleep in the garden?

A gasp escaped my lips as I tried to figure out who brought me back. Looking down, I let out a sigh of relief, still in my clothes from earlier.

I stood up quickly and walked out to the living room, only to find it empty, except for Song sleeping on the couch with the TV on and the remote in his hand.

Cautiously walking over to him, I took quiet, small steps. I grabbed the blanket off the couch and set the remote on the table. Throwing the blanket over him, I tucked him in carefully, but stopped when my hand touched his cheek. My eyes glanced over his serene face.

His expression  is almost…kind..when he’s sleeping.

My heartbeat quickened and I hurried back to my room, hitting my chest where my heart was racing. I shut the door quietly and slid down the wall to the floor, brushing my fingers through my hair.

Get a grip on yourself woman! Do something to distract yourself...

My gaze swept through the room and landed on my unpacked suitcase. Walking over to it, I shoved all the thoughts of Song out of my mind. I quickly unpacked my suitcase and put my clothes away. When I grabbed my last sweatshirt, something fell out and hit the floor with a quiet *thump*. Looking down, I saw a thick envelope laying there with pictures spilling out of it. I carefully picked the envelope up and sat on the bed, taking a picture out. The picture showed a really heavy, younger version of me.

I've lost some weight since then. I thought to myself as I looked down at my chubby stomach.

I looked through more pictures, from the oldest ones to the somewhat recent ones. I definitely lost a few pounds, thanks to my motivation.

Why was I so set on losing weight?

Song. The insults he'd used to hurt me ran through my mind, and anger perpetrated through my facial features.

The door opened and 5 guys walked into the bedroom, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Kari! Where's Hyunseong?" Donghyun spoke as they entered.

I silently pointed to the living room, not needing to use words.

The boys nodded and Minwoo walked over to me.

"Are you okay?" He said quietly, so that the others wouldn't hear.

I nodded, faking a smile. Although Minwoo teased me sometimes, he could be nice and concerned at other times.

Before I could speak, Jeongmin grabbed my hand and dragged me to the kitchen, taking me from Minwoo.

"You barely touched your food. I'm going to make you sit here and eat something healthy so you don't get sick." Determination was thick in his voice.

I chuckled and waved him off, "It's okay, I'm just not very hungry. I'll eat lots tomorrow, I promise."  Lies.

"Why should you? You don't need the extra food..." I heard an undeniably recognizable voice mutter as they walked to the fridge.

Hyunseong grabbed a cold water and left as quick as he entered. Something bubbled at the corners of my eyes, but I refused to let ANY tears fall from my eyes because of Hyunseong.

"What's wrong Kari?"

Looking at Jeongmin, I replied in an annoyed tone, "Nothing. I need to go talk to someone. I'll be back later."

With that, I went to the living room and grabbed Hyunseong's wrist, not caring what he was doing. With ferocity in my grip, I left the dorm and kept walking until I was outside the school, dragging Hyunseong behind me.

"What the hell?" Were his only words when I dropped his arm and faced him.

"Apologize." I'm sure, at that moment, if looks could kill, Hyunseong would definitely be dead.

"Why should I?"

"Apologize. Right now. Who gives you the right to make fun of someone who doesn't bother you? I don't even talk to you, so you shouldn't speak to me either. And making rude, unnecessary comments is uncalled for. Now, apologize."

His face froze and a look of...regret?...replaced his blank expression for a few seconds.

"I won't apologize, because what I said back there was true. You're still as heavy as you were when you were in elementary school, if not heavier. The other guys are just too polite to tell you you're fat. I won't apologize."

The tears I'd restricted from falling decided not to listen. A few tears slid down my furious, embarrassed cheeks.

A question was digging it's way through my brain, and before I could stop the word vomit, I asked quietly.

"You still remember me...I know what I was to you back then. But...was that really what I was to you? Nothing? Please tell me...What am I to you? I am..."

"A stain I want to erase."

That.Hurt.Like..

I tried to pretend I didn't hear his words, but my heart already trapped the words in their midst. More tears fell like rain, I couldn't stop them.

"You're cruel, Song."

Those were my last words I ever planned to say to him, as I stormed back through the school and into the dorm. I was greeted with 5 pairs of quiestioning eyes, and 'What's wrong?'s but I just ignored them and headed to the bathroom with a pair of clean pajamas.

I stripped down to my underwear and bra and looked in the full body mirror on the locked door. The reflection didn't please me, whatsoever. My thick arms and legs were 3 times bigger than most koreans'. My stomach was still round, instead of flat. My eyes finally traveled to my full-of-baby-fat face. Even if I lost all the weight I could, I knew my chubby cheeks would never go away. I pinched them until I felt the pain rush to my cheeks and yelped quietly. Once I'd turned the water on and got in the shower, my thoughts filled the silent bathroom.

Song. I will lose weight, and turn into a beautiful girl. But now, my reason is no longer to please you so that I can be good enough to be your friend. Now, my reason is to make you fall in love with me, so that I can break your heart like you broke mine.

 

Hello my lovely readers! I know this is a late update, and a shorter one. But I'll try to update more often now, I hope you liked this chapter! Comment with who you think she should end up with. I just want to know your thoughts. Oh, and if you noticed, I used a couple lines from the drama Boys Over Flowers, because they fit perfectly with the scene. Anyways, thanks for reading!

~SiwonsGirl96