Starting

Misunderstood? (Sequel to Please look at me)

“Hi~” Junhyung said tiredly as he entered home.

“Oh, you’re back.” You jumped from the sofa, hugging him.

“How’s your day?” He asked, kissing you on your neck.

“Fantastic.” You smiled, squashing his cheeks lightly.

“You look tired thou~” You pouted.

“I am~” He said, stretching his back.

“Shall we go out for dinner? I’ll drive!” You suggested.

“No, darling. I have to go somewhere.” He said, removing his coat.

“Go somewhere? But you just came back.” You said, showing your disappointment.

He turned to you and smiled.

“Come on, don’t be a baby.” He coaxed you.

“You’ve been going somewhere every night! Where are you going!? Why can’t you tell me!? Why can’t I come!?” You got angry.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“I told you, it’s work.” He said.

“Work, work, work! All you do is work!” You grumbled.

“Where would I get the money for everything if I don’t work? How in the world do you think you are able to just sit at home around all day if I didn’t work?” He raised his voice slightly.

“What are you implying now? You were the one who forced me into quitting my job. What are you implying now by saying that?” You poked his chest as you spoke, knowing very well he hates it a lot.

“Don’t do that.” He hissed, but did not push you away.

“Are you indirectly calling me some sort of extra burden?” You asked.

“You know I don’t mean it that way!” He frowned.

“Really?” You smirked mockingly.

His expression darkened. The both of you stared at each other, no one willing to give up. If not because of his phone that rang, both of you might end up staring at each other for the whole night.

“Yes, yes. I’ll call you later. Yes. Bye.” He said softly to whoever that was on the line, before ending the call.

He walked off into the room, slamming the door shut.

You sat on the sofa, staring at your hands, thinking back about what just happened. You blamed yourself for arguing with him. He was tired from work and you know it. When he came out of the room, you headed towards him.

“Junhyung, I…” You said.

“Don’t wait up.” He cut you off before you could finish.

He slammed the door shut in your face.

“I’m sorry.” You mumbled softly.

***

Junhyung jogged towards the car by the roadside.

“Sorry!” He said as he entered.

“No problem. I’ve not been here for long.” The driver said.

He gave her a small smile.

“Something wrong?” She asked as she drove on.

“You know what.” He sighed.

“Well, if you stop hiding things from her, then perhaps it’ll be better.” She said.

He looked at her.

“Just kidding! How can she ever know~” She smacked his thigh lightly.

“Do you think I wish to hide it from her like that?” He said.

“Okay, come on. Don’t sulk. Where are we heading?” She changed the topic.

“Where do you think we should head?” He asked.

“Erm… Oh! I have some stuff to show you. Went shopping this afternoon. I hope the stores are still open thou. Then after that, we head down to the usual? I’ll pay for drinks!” She smiled.

“Anything you say~” He reclined the seat, closing his eyes.

“Sleep, sleep~” She said, patting his chest lightly.

He laughed at her action.

***

You waited up for him for the whole night, but he was still not back. At 3.30AM, you headed to bed. But despite being so tired, you could not sleep without him back. You wanted to apologize. You reached for your phone and sent him a text message asking him where he is and telling him how sorry you are.

You stared at the time tick away, but still no reply from him.

“ you, Yong Junhyung.” You grumbled as you sat up.

“No. Sorry. me. I’m an idiot.” You buried your face in your palms.

You called him a few times, but no answer.

“Hello?” You said hurriedly when the line got through.

The background was loud and noisy. You could hear his laughter, as well as chattering from another voice. A female voice. You could not make out what they were saying thou. It was noisy and they were laughing a lot.

‘Enjoying yourself huh?’ You thought to yourself.

“Hey! Your phone!” You heard the female voice say.

“Oh .” You heard Junhyung curse, and then the line went dead.

“He’s working. Perhaps, filming some new MV, and he could not be sulking all night, right?” You convinced yourself.

Tiredness took over your body, you drifted off into sleep as much as you try to fight it.

***

You were awoken by the sound of someone putting down something on the table, like a key or watch. You opened your eyes slightly. Junhyung is back. You were about to say something, but he was on the phone.

“It was fun today. Thanks. Next time, I’m paying, and you’re not snatching from me.” You heard him say.

“Mmm.. Yes.. Hahaha~ Tomorrow night? Again? Usual? How about your place? The clubs are so crowded we can’t get anything done.” He said.

So he went to a club while you were sulking at home?

“Alright, we’ll decide tomorrow. Let’s hang up already. Don’t talk and drive.” He said.

“What do you mean by its okay if you crash and die? What am I going to do without you huh?” He said, sitting down on the side of the bed.

He turned over to your side. You close your eyes quickly so as not to let him find out you are awake.

“I’ll be there. No worries.” He said, cracking his neck.

“Okay okay~ Yes, I’ll buy you whatever you want.” He laughed.

“She? She’s asleep.” He said.

“Okay. See you. Text me when you’re home. Yeap. Bye.” He ended the call.

You turned your back to face him, not wanting him to see your pained expression.

You felt him come closer to you. He rested his chin on your shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered, kissing you on your neck.

He had a pleasant smell on him, like floral. But it was not his perfume, your perfume, the soap you guys use or the detergent you use to wash the clothes. It was something different.

He got up and went to shower. Once he is in the shower, you opened your eyes and stared at the toilet door.

“You’re not cheating on me, right?” You mumbled to yourself, tears welling up in your eyes.